Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Official hearthstone thread

Creator: Pølsemanden December 8, 2013 1:59pm
1091 posts - page 10 of 110
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2013 2:51pm | Report
I can't stop playing u_u
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2013 2:54pm | Report
Haha, I know that feel :P

Any preferred classes yet?

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2013 3:00pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Haha, I know that feel :P

Any preferred classes yet?

Only tried mage so far, once I unlocked Flamestrike, switched to Shaman to see how it's doing.

Right now I like Shaman more than Mage though :P
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2013 3:48pm | Report
I started with Priest, then played Mage a little, switched back to Priest, tried Hunter/Rogue/Shaman without liking any of them, played Warrior for a while (which I did like), decided to level all classes to 10 to get the basic cards and get 100 gold for a pack, started playing a lot of Warlock (posted my deck earlier in the thread) and now I'm enjoying Rogue the most.

So yeah, you'll probably end up playing a lot in the end :P

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2013 3:20am | Report
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR, I WANT PYROBLAST!
That's the only thing missing from me having dat OP rushdown Mage deck :(

I'm also missing like all the good/OP cards in the Shaman deck (gief Doomhammer plox)
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2013 4:03am | Report
Getting gold is incredibly slow ._. And I don't even know if I should save it for arena pass when I'm ready, or card packs
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2013 4:06am | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

Getting gold is incredibly slow ._. And I don't even know if I should save it for arena pass when I'm ready, or card packs

Arena gives a guaranteed pack + a bonus depending on how well you did. Besides that, in arena you can use cards you do not have yet, making it a great place for testing cards as well. If I were you, I'd never spend gold on packs and always spend them on arena :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2013 4:17am | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

100% spend it on arena because of 2 things.
Arena gives value>card pack from 4 wins and beyond 3 wins is about equal, but more importantly arena's a much more fun game mode than constructed.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2013 5:19am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:
If I were you, I'd never spend gold on packs and always spend them on arena :P

I do pretty much the exact opposite.

I've only played arena twice, but the rewards for my best run (a 4-3, the first one was a 0-3 with a pretty horrible deck, lol) were 10 gold, a pack and some dust. That translates into roughly 6 cards for 150 gold spent, which is simply not worth it at all. 3 wins is definitely not "equal" either.

Yes, gold gain is a little slow, but spending that gold on arenas when the rewards have been absolute **** for me so far just doesn't seem worth it (yes, I realise it might be better if I get a better score, but I have no guarantee that I'll get a class I like or a good deck for that matter).

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2013 5:34am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

I do pretty much the exact opposite.

I've only played arena twice, but the rewards for my best run (a 4-3, the first one was a 0-3 with a pretty horrible deck, lol) were 10 gold, a pack and some dust. That translates into roughly 6 cards for 150 gold spent, which is simply not worth it at all. 3 wins is definitely not "equal" either.

Yes, gold gain is a little slow, but spending that gold on arenas when the rewards have been absolute **** for me so far just doesn't seem worth it (yes, I realise it might be better if I get a better score, but I have no guarantee that I'll get a class I like or a good deck for that matter).

The rewards are still a gamble in the arena. Although you have a guaranteed pack win, there is a chance that you will only get dust or get enough gold to start a new arena, that is true. Therefore, rewardwise, it might be safer to go for a booster pack.

However, in the arena you learn how to deal with certain random cards, learn what cards are good cards to get and what cards are not. And besides that, the random aspect makes the arena also very enjoyable to play. That, however is an opinion so you might disagree :P

Overal, the 50g extra you spend on arena can be easily won back by both currency and by personal satisfaction :3
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Thalia Kael

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide