Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Official hearthstone thread

Creator: Pølsemanden December 8, 2013 1:59pm
1091 posts - page 2 of 110
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2013 3:33pm | Report
Okay, just curious, but how does the whole 'medal' system work?
Is it just like leagues in LoL? You rise and go down depending on some numbers that change when you win/lose?
Because I've been sort of stuck to 2-star master for over 20 matches now.
Quoted:

So with 2 giveaway threads being done and me being pretty much the only guy without a key of his own, let's make an official hearthstone thread.

My best deck is a Spell power heavy removal rogue deck, it takes me to turn 10-15 every game but that's usually the point i win at.

Wait, so you're making builds for a game you haven't even started playing? O.o
That's.. a little silly.. Well, I guess some people want to play it real badly.

Okay then, as for your "build", I think you have far too many copies of just one card. I think you're spreading yourself too thin, reducing your chances of getting the cards that you want. You should for that very reason generally grab 2 of most cards that you can.

You should have a look at Inner Fire if you like priests(and ofc Mind Control as Oxide mentioned). It has some incredible potential. Just imagine it paired with a Mogu'shan Warden. Even if the enemy silences it and ignores it, that's a 6 damage buff that you can make use of instantly.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2013 3:36pm | Report
You get a medal once you reach the mmr tier.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2013 3:41pm | Report
[deleted] wrote:

ogre is ok, azure drake is an upgrade for ogre in my opinion. Haven't seen a ogre in constructed play for ages.

Agreed. Azure Drake is like an Ogre Magi and Gnomish Inventor combined, for one more cost.
It's ridiculously good, probably needs a nerf.
Making it 3/4 would probably balance it out.
[deleted] wrote:

You get a medal once you reach the mmr tier.

And you can't see this MMR tier anywhere?
Can you go down in stars/tiers or whatever they are?
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2013 3:46pm | Report
Searz wrote:

What I can complain about however is the rate at which you gain gold. OH MY ****ING GOD IS THE GOLD GAIN SLOW. I've gotten like 6 packs total and I've played at least 60 games, probably more.

I got 300 gold for winning a total of 100 games in any mode earlier today, but yup, I agree. I just try working towards packs with daily quests as best I can.

Searz wrote:

You should have a look at Inner Fire if you like priests(and ofc Mind Control as Oxide mentioned). It has some incredible potential. Just imagine it paired with a Mogu'shan Warden. Even if the enemy silences it and ignores it, that's a 6 damage buff that you can make use of instantly. Damage buffs are far better in cost/risk effectiveness than HP buffs btw, because you can buff a unit that is about to attack and make instant use of that damage, while HP is far more vulnerable to silences and destroys. Which is why I don't take cards like Divine Spirit or Lightspawn. They're far too volatile for my liking. (Power Word: Shield is good tho, because it gives a card and is cheap and can obviously allow preferential trades)

Hmm, interesting, I didn't think of using Inner Fire like that yet, thanks :)

In other news, I just got my first legendary: Captain Greenskin! :D

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2013 3:50pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Agreed. Azure Drake is like an Ogre Magi and Gnomish Inventor combined, for one more cost.
It's ridiculously good, probably needs a nerf.
Making it 3/4 would probably balance it out.

And you can't see this MMR tier anywhere?
Can you go down in stars/tiers or whatever they are?

You can't go down in a tier, ranked is being reworked so that 1 win goes you up a rank and 1 lose makes you go down 1 soon with reset ladders every week or month I think.

It makes ranked play a little boring when you are masters 3 star as not much more achivements you can get in it :P

@wayne
GreenSkin is awesome with warrior as they tend to use a ton of weapons

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Quest#Unique_quests
Check this for one time quests that should give you some fast cash

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2013 10:29pm | Report
my two favorite decks atm

As you might see, I've bought a few packs, especially for my warlock deck. The Shaman "artillery" deck is really amazing. All those damage battle cries allow me to clear the board while still applying pressure in a lot of different situations.

The warlock deck is simply hilarious, because of the fact that when you get low on health you can basically summon 2 molten giants and you can feel the enemy ****ping his pants :D
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Janitsudude

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2013 11:21pm | Report
@meihye:

Elven archer, lord of arena, ironforge rifleman and stormpike commando suck. You don't need 2 bloodlusts, it's mostly dead card on hands. Put in some dark iron dwarves, add stormforged axe x2 and maybe 1 doomhammer, if you have it. Also, argent commander is nice addition to deck.
One thing I don't get in this deck: why is there no ragnaros, lol?!?!?

Also, far sight is not so reliable card. I'd suggest you add ligthing storm, at least 1, maybe even 2, and feral spirit would be nice addition.

On warlock: I haven't played it much in constructed but I still see some weird cards in it. Questing is too unreliable and it will get removed in constructed. Drain life is just bad, you should replace it with 2x soulfire, it's much better card. Summoning portal contradicts with your deck theme, you have plenty of 2 drops, which it doesn't affect that much, so it's mostly useless.

Reckless rocketeer is just bad, it's worse version of argent commander. I don't like gelblin, it's fun card, but I wouldn't include it if I wanted to win.

I hope this helped you, have fun!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2013 11:39pm | Report
Vaan99 wrote:

@meihye:

Elven archer, lord of arena, ironforge rifleman and stormpike commando suck. You don't need 2 bloodlusts, it's mostly dead card on hands. Put in some dark iron dwarves, add stormforged axe x2 and maybe 1 doomhammer, if you have it. Also, argent commander is nice addition to deck.
One thing I don't get in this deck: why is there no ragnaros, lol?!?!?

Come 1v1 me scrub >:)

All of the cards that you say that suck allowed me to do great plays so many times. Dark Iron Dwarves and Ragnaros are indeed pretty good, I will try to put them in somewhere :3

Quoted:
On warlock: I haven't played it much in constructed but I still see some weird cards in it. Questing is too unreliable and it will get removed in constructed. Drain life is just bad, you should replace it with 2x soulfire, it's much better card. Summoning portal contradicts with your deck theme, you have plenty of 2 drops, which it doesn't affect that much, so it's mostly useless.

I don't mind dealing damage to myself by cards but I absolutely hate destroying random cards in my hand. It is such a huge risk, a risk that imho is not worth taking. Drain life is just a safe alternative. Summoning portal still reduces the cost of cards. If I can put a full board of 2 mana creatures, then it is still a good pick. Though double summoning portal can be a bit useless indeed :P

A lot of the cards that you suggest are cards that must be gain by buying packs/winning packs. Since I do not have all the money in the world, I am not able to get them so easily. Imho, I already spent enough money on hearthstone.

Finally; Don't hate on the mastergnome pls >:O
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Thalia Kael

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2013 11:45pm | Report
This is kind of circlejerky, but true in one way:
I didn't mean to insult your, it's just my objective opinion based on playing the game for 2 months and watching few tournaments.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2013 2:11am | Report
I cringe whenever I see cards like Elven Archer and Ironforge Rifleman. Then again, I like using the Abusive Sergeant myself which I'm sure is also a not the best card, so maybe I shouldn't be talking :P

Edit: Just played a game of Mage against a Priest who I was beating pretty hard, suddenly he throws out Deathwing. God that was scary. I won because of Pyroblast though :3

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide