Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Path of Exile Thread

Creator: caucheka October 25, 2013 1:04am
258 posts - page 11 of 26
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2013 11:05pm | Report
REAL MEN DON'T RUN

....Unless if it's in circles around the boss while landing an attack/ability every now and then because that strategy is pretty legit.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2013 11:14pm | Report
lol, you srs? :P The bosses can be quite hard, even in a party. If you don't have that portal up and you die, you have to go through the entire maze to get back to him, and by then, he's probably reset D:
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
extradelicious
<Lucky Charm>
extradelicious's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2013 11:15pm | Report
How can I join the guild? I have a ton of rares/uniques i wouldnt mind giving up for the greater good
Proud Coach of MHS League of Legends Teams.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2013 11:17pm | Report
Just comment with your in-game name and I'll invite you :)

Edit: Stash is absolutely full now. Not sure what we'll do. Probably remove lesser rare items if necessary.

♡ sig by arrizen ♡
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2013 12:18am | Report
@ jhoi

Yes, running in circles to avoid damage is my genious strat :P

Most bosses have been pretty easy, however the Act 1 and 2 bosses (Merveil & Vaal Oversoul) were pretty tough for me. Used about 5 portal scrolls on Vaal, I think, lol.

Also I'm starting to notice my lack of resistances when facing other bosses, for example Piety almost killed me with her lightning (the first time you encounter her) because I only had ~15% lightning resistance x_x

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2013 12:22am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

REAL MEN DON'T RUN

I meant "lol srs" to this :P When you need specific resistances, try using things like a Topaz flask, as I can understand not wanting to trade your current rings/amulet for increased resistances.

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2013 12:23am | Report
well i managed to get a goldrim's cap so resists aren't much of a problem.

on goldrims is a connected green - red - green, with the red being life gain on hit and the greens being double strike and whirlwind.

all in all i have 25 health gain per hit on both, with an attack speed of .49 meaning double strike hits 4 times in 1 second, gaining 100 health in said second.

needless to say i've breezed through everything on my nemesis duelist so far, only thing left is piety's laboratory and then dominus. then its on to cruel.

also i dropped more money on guild stash tabs. we have 3 now and they're neat and organized so please dont **** this **** up.

also we need more people to play nemesis, its just khazem and my duelist.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2013 12:55am | Report
caucheka wrote:

also we need more people to play nemesis

yes pls

though i would advice people to play through at least the whole game on normal and get familiar with all the zones/mobs before attempting to play on nemesis.

a few tips for people interested in starting on nemesis:
- starting from cruel you should really look to have your resists capped or close to it. (lightning res should be capped at all times due to the Storm Herald nemesis mod that starts appearing in cruel)
- also starting from cruel, try to get at least one potion with a 'of Staunchin' suffix with at least 2 charges to deal with the Corrupted Blood nemesis mod.
- always pay attention to the mods rare mobs have. So many people die just from not paying attention to what they're fighting.
- make sure you have a solid build in mind and get lots and lots of +life passives. A couple of benchmarks you could aim for: end of normal act 2 - around 700 hp, end of normal act 3 - around 1300 hp, end of cruel act 2 - around 2000 hp, entering merciless - around 3k hp.
- be prepared to grind zones in higher difficulties. You never want to be underleveled when entering zones in higher difficulties. Also avoid doing side quests on higher difficulties untill you're high enough.
- there is a lot of controversy around this but I'm going to say it anyway: be ready to log out if you really need to. Pressing escape and clicking on log out or exit path of exile will instantly log your character out. Sure it's a pretty lame way to escape death, but once you get to know this game properly you'll find that there's so many ******** situations and sometimes you just can't avoid death and personally I'd rather just log out if it means saving my character. (I'm pretty sure there's not a single person on a hardcore league in PoE that hit level 90.. maybe even 85 without logging out once)

myeah thats about it, good luck to anyone who wants to start on nemesis. I'll try to drop more good stuff in the stash if I find it aaand well just poke me if you need help with anything ^_^
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2013 1:34am | Report
I used a portal when against the Warden but you can beat him without it apparently. I didn't try doing that but Matt allegedly didn't use the portal and he got im.

The first time I fought him I died and I didn't even realize I was dying cause I havent died before in the game or gone really low health and when I lost some of the vision around me I was like uh what is goin' on. Also didn't find the waypoint in the lower prison so I had to go from the ledge all the way back T.T Oh and I'm not sure if bug but he kept teleporting infront and behind me like a jerk.

@guild chest, well I put some stuff in there but I'm only putting yellow items in :P

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2013 3:54am | Report
Yep, you can certainly beat the Warden without a portal - that's what I did on my first try by myself. But the first time I was with a party of 5, and playing a witch, so I saw how to "kite" around him and such; if you don't have that prior knowledge, I can imagine dying from the surprise of his damage. Especially if you're playing a squishy character.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide