Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Path of Exile Thread

Creator: caucheka October 25, 2013 1:04am
258 posts - page 23 of 26
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2014 6:36pm | Report
Not sure what you mean by the second question, but it depends on the ability. There are a lot of skillshots, but some are auto-target, melee, AoE etc. No class can stand still when in battle, you're always constantly moving.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2014 2:39pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
Not sure what you mean by the second question, but it depends on the ability. There are a lot of skillshots, but some are auto-target, melee, AoE etc. No class can stand still when in battle, you're always constantly moving.

I don't know what builds you've been playing, but you definitely can stand still and clear mobs in battle. Righteous Fire, Discharge, Molten Shell, etc are all very tanky builds that can facetank a mob and still do damage. I mean, you have to move to get around the map, but so does everyone else.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2014 2:42pm | Report
utopus wrote:
I recently started PoE, and i'm like, a level 8 ranger. Does the game eventually get harder? I've found that so long as i orbwalk, i'm nearly untouchable.

At level 8 all of the mobs are slow and easily kiteable. Wait until you get some mobs that have ranged abilities or have the "Quick" mod, which are pretty much unkiteable.

There's a lot of different ways to reduce damage though, Mind Over Matter + Eldritch Battery is a popular one in particular.

I'm going to be streaming some Path in the near future quite a bit if you want to check it out.

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2014 3:28pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

but it depends on the ability. There are a lot of skillshots, but some are auto-target, melee, AoE etc. No class can stand still when in battle, you're always constantly moving.

uhm what.

if placed on left click, the spell/ability is only targetable, unless you hold shift to stand in place.

otherwise, right and middle, or qwert hotkeys are skillshots, you click the button and it casts/attacks towards the target.

there are few spells that don't follow this convention, auras/buffs, mines, and skills that cast centered on the caster

also

>level 8 ranger

everything will be fine. merveil, vaal oversoul, and dominus will be your only real challenge in normal, though act 3 spikes difficulty a bit.

plus like 80% of builds aren't going to make it to level 80.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2014 3:51pm | Report
I'll pick it up again too. I never really started though, I just reached act 2 I think.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2014 5:17pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

uhm what.

if placed on left click, the spell/ability is only targetable, unless you hold shift to stand in place.

otherwise, right and middle, or qwert hotkeys are skillshots, you click the button and it casts/attacks towards the target.

there are few spells that don't follow this convention, auras/buffs, mines, and skills that cast centered on the caster

Eh, I had the same thought as you, but when you think about it in LoL sense, the only real skill shots are stuff like burning arrow, ice shot, storm call, fireball, etc.

Stuff like puncture, infernal blow, cyclone, discharge you can't really say is a skillshot...they either modify your auto attack so you can't "miss" them, or are AoE

Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 9:20am | Report
This guild is only a thing on the American side of the globe I guess?
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 1:28pm | Report
anyone can join the guild from any region, its not restricted.

ok w/e melee skills aren't skillshot but every projectile skill is.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2014 1:59am | Report
Is anyone still playing this?
I've created a character yesterday(lvl 13 witch). If anyone wants to invite me, my steam name is mastrer1000 and my char name is uwillgetrekt(very creative, I know).
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2014 3:53pm | Report
yeah im not playing really atm but i do play a lot. i got other games im more interested in atm but i check the poe site every day.

but ill add you.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide