Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Pokemon X and Y

Creator: DillButt64 January 8, 2013 2:28pm
205 posts - page 12 of 21
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 4:47pm | Report
FireLord wrote:

i know a bit about competitive pokemon, and i no that you either cheat or you need to spend years just finding and breeding the pokemons with good natures/ivs and training them with proper evs. most competitive play is online where you pick the pokemons, natures, moves, etc. and skip pretty much the whole game altogeter and only use the combat mechanics with many claus limitations.

Yes, that is what happens, although it doesn't take that long to ev train or get good iv's if you know what you're doing, and you can certainly still complete the game while you're doing it. At VGC there's a certain amount of cartridge gaming still going on, although you're right that a lot of the competitive stuff is done online using mainly Pokemon Online or Pokemon Showdown (although Pokemon Lab is still there in the background)...I have been saying that since I started though so idk why bring it up.

EXDKain212
<Inhouse Addict>
EXDKain212's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 5:09pm | Report
Has anyone even talked about the actual game in this thread so far?
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 5:35pm | Report
EXDKain212 wrote:

Has anyone even talked about the actual game in this thread so far?

specifically about x and y?

like...once.

DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 5:38pm | Report
only i have but people like to derail and argue about stuff for 10 pages and then talk about anal sex for one page one this website
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 5:43pm | Report
Anal intercourse should be brought up on each Off-Topic thread at least once.

About the original topic, I had never heard of it. The starters seem ok (although the water one is a fugly bastard), I might play this if I find an emulator that can play it.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 5:54pm | Report
yeah im probably going to wait until i can get it on an emulator and all the starters look dumb to me but ill probably pick the water type if its part ice type too if not then i might actually pick the grass starter
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 5:57pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:
Yes, that is what happens, although it doesn't take that long to ev train or get good iv's if you know what you're doing, and you can certainly still complete the game while you're doing it. At VGC there's a certain amount of cartridge gaming still going on, although you're right that a lot of the competitive stuff is done online using mainly Pokemon Online or Pokemon Showdown (although Pokemon Lab is still there in the background)...I have been saying that since I started though so idk why bring it up.

Because that is not the pokemon games. those are different games based on some of the mechanics. They remove all the content with the exception of pokemons and battle system and then limit the pokemons and the battle itself for it to be competitive. Not to mention it is on PC, so it doesn't apply as a "handheld strategy game" even if the game it is based on is from a handheld console.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ rєmєmвєr tσ +rєp mє íf í dєsєrvє ít! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★ тнαикѕ тσ тнє_иαмєℓєѕѕ_вαя∂ fσя тнιѕ αмαzιиg ѕιgиαтυяє! ★ ★ ★
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 6:25pm | Report
FireLord wrote:

Because that is not the pokemon games. those are different games based on some of the mechanics. They remove all the content with the exception of pokemons and battle system and then limit the pokemons and the battle itself for it to be competitive. Not to mention it is on PC, so it doesn't apply as a "handheld strategy game" even if the game it is based on is from a handheld console.

So you're telling me playing a game with Pokemon, with the same mechanics, with the same intent, isn't playing Pokemon? Seems legit.

/facepalm

Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 6:36pm | Report
Aight, so, changing topics.

What pokemon would you want to have sex with the most? I'd do Jynx.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 6:39pm | Report
Machamp. All those hands, man.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide