Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Post Whatever You Want (and Stop Posting ****...

Creator: Mowen October 22, 2013 7:50am
Fat_fast
<Member>
Fat_fast's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2015 6:40pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Well in case you're referring to anything I've written as nonchalant I'm just gonna tell you to **** right off. You know nothing about me, don't act like you do.

No, everyone is in war with some parts of themselves, some just have it harder than the others. What I hope to say with that statement is that you can only understand someone by partially be someone, and I really hope that no one should ever be subjected to the traumatic experience it needs to develop either a taste or disdain toward others' sign of compassion. Nonchalance is a sign of relief that many didn't go through the pain, it's something one should be happy about and treasured, and find that they shouldn't impose themselves on those who do not have that luxury.

I'm sorry if me or my point of view is somewhat condescending to the experienced. I can not understand it, but I can feel sympathetic, and the only safe position to assume with that knowledge is to leave some room for the challenged to make use of, and hopefully they will realize they have someone's rooting for them not out of pity.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2015 6:43pm | Report
I still think they're big babies.
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

Fat_fast
<Member>
Fat_fast's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2015 6:54pm | Report
As long as they have opposable thumps, they are human. Let's just agree to disagree and move on with it, I'm not supporting trigger warning in anyway, because like I said, it's disclaimer, we already do that. And please, don't go with the obvious nitpicking regarding the thumb.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2015 7:02pm | Report
Was about to say leppers.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2015 2:24am | Report
Fat_fast wrote:
Nonchalance is a sign of relief that many didn't go through the pain, it's something one should be happy about and treasured, and find that they shouldn't impose themselves on those who do not have that luxury.

But it was still only one person who acted in a nonchalant manner here, why do you keep acting like everybody did?
Do you not understand the meaning of the word?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nonchalant
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2015 2:31am | Report
Strangers on the internet expect from other strangers on the internet to be considerate of their personal problems, problems that are not that common and some people don't even know they exist.

That sounds a bit ridiculous, doesn't it?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2015 3:14am | Report
Vaan99 wrote:
Strangers on the internet expect from other strangers on the internet to be considerate of their personal problems, problems that are not that common and some people don't even know they exist.

That sounds a bit ridiculous, doesn't it?

That's because it is ridiculous.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2015 7:36am | Report
It sounds ridiculous to you because many people on the internet like to pretend that other people's feelings don't exist or matter and would like to think they can do whatever the **** they want no matter who is effected by it. That doesn't make your point fair or reasonable, we've chosen to act that way about it. There's nothing wrong with including disclaimers (just gonna stop using the phrase trigger warning, it sounds dumb and is unnecessarily specific) for sensitive content, or really any content you wouldn't usually expect (e.g. jacksfilms deciding to create a video with good content 8D), so people CAN avoid it if they want to.

In the real world when you know someone who has a problem with blood, you don't show up at their Halloween party dressed as one of Jack the Ripper's victims complete with fake blood everywhere unless you're a total ****.

Just because YOU don't feel like you should treat people with common decency because "this is the internet" doesn't mean the rest of the world has to agree with you.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2015 3:25pm | Report
This thread is getting stupid and mega lame.

My internet rule is your problems are stupid and you are stupid for laying your problems out in front of people who don't care. Take it to your irl/PM group, you sissies.
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

MrMad2000
<Member>
MrMad2000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2015 3:57pm | Report
Are you guys for real? Because one thing about trigger warnings being "stupid" you now all exaggerate it to a stupid discussion where all of you are getting annoyed at eachother trying to prove your point and then disagree with everything?

This thread isn't meant to be about some political debate where everything gets heated and everyone is some president of the united stats saying "WE NEED THIS TO CHANGE IF YOU DON'T AGREE YOU'RE A TARD." But if we are gonna continue discussing this stuff I agree with The_Nameless_Bard here.

Anyways I don't wanna get involved, so here's a picture of a cat:
I am currently known as Sejwoonapiggle on EUW.
Add me for any queries or questions you have for me!
Check out my stream! I could use the support.
Click here to view my stream!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide