Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Post Whatever You Want (and Stop Posting ****...

Creator: Mowen October 22, 2013 7:50am
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2015 3:26pm | Report
You wanna downplay your own fears/problems, go right ahead

Damn right I will.
I. DON'T. PUSH. MY. PROBLEMS. ONTO. OTHER. PEOPLE.
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2015 3:31pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Damn right I will.
I. DON'T. PUSH. MY. PROBLEMS. ONTO. OTHER. PEOPLE.

Yeah you do. Look at like, every game thread you've ever made or something like that. You push GOG sales on me, indiewhateverthatsiteis and other things. And your hatred for EA. That's your problem dog, not mine.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2015 4:14pm | Report
From hereon I would like all posts concerning trigger warnings to be clearly noted as such, preferably using a relatively large piece of text at the beginning of the content.

Tangentially relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eD7DcrRLvU
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Fat_fast
<Member>
Fat_fast's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2015 12:30am | Report
Trigger warning is dumb, but I hope I got something right in saying that this isn't about us, but the few unfortunate enough. Ok sure, it is hampering free speech, enforcing ****py social standard on us(jazz hand wtf), all the while those f***ers munching cookies and holding plush toys whenever shjt goes beyond PG 13. Yet consider how lucky we are and how little do we have to give, if this thing ever goes live, we shouldn't be condescending. The fact that we can have nonchalant conversation about another one's problem that we are nowhere near miserable enough to understand is proof enough.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2015 5:50am | Report
Fat_fast wrote:
The fact that we can have nonchalant conversation about another one's problem that we are nowhere near miserable enough to understand is proof enough.
Before I start ranting again, thank you. Really hitting the nail on the head here.

I want y'all to actually think about this for a second though. Freedom of speech is simply the political right to be able to communicate one's opinions and ideas. This has nothing to do with freedom of speech. In a purely legal sense, you are not being censored or in any other way oppressed as far as free speech goes by being asked to include trigger warnings/disclaimers. On top of that, saying "well, if they have a problem, they should just get the **** off the internet (and get help)" is actually, ironically, closer to impinging on a person's right to freedom of expression (which usually includes the freedom to seek information).

Talk about sounding like a 14 year old misandrist on Tumblr: "waaah, some person I don't want to understand or care about asked me to put a warning on my content because she found it disturbing, I'm being oppressed!!!1!!"
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2015 6:50am | Report
Trigger warnings are like ratings on movies. There to indicate content and appropriateness for the viewer/reader. Just the way you wouldn't want a 5 year old to watch an R18+ movie, you wouldn't want someone who suffers from depression reading about aided suicide (or whatever other example would best clarify my meaning - I need sleep).

Never used trigger warnings myself though. I rarely discuss things that would excite anxiety in someone (okay, maybe grades, but thank god teacher-parent interviews night went by without a hitch!).
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2015 8:53am | Report
My only question is why would we even need to alert anyone about a thread that Ninja Trigger is posting in. That's just stupid.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2015 9:07am | Report
Toshabi wrote:
My only question is why would we even need to alert anyone about a thread that Ninja Trigger is posting in. That's just stupid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va4ZQFIJUIo
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
MrMad2000
<Member>
MrMad2000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2015 11:16am | Report
Damn... This thread seems to depressing and down at the moment. Everyone needs to:
look up. :3 *puh dum tss*
I am currently known as Sejwoonapiggle on EUW.
Add me for any queries or questions you have for me!
Check out my stream! I could use the support.
Click here to view my stream!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2015 5:03pm | Report
Fat_fast wrote:
The fact that we can have nonchalant conversation about another one's problem that we are nowhere near miserable enough to understand is proof enough.

Well in case you're referring to anything I've written as nonchalant I'm just gonna tell you to **** right off. You know nothing about me, don't act like you do.

Only one of the many people that have written their thoughts have been nonchalant about it.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide