Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So I asked people why their god doesn't help...

Creator: MrCuddowls February 17, 2013 2:11am
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 12:53pm | Report
Basic summary: They're teaching evolution in the elementary school, and Mrs. Garrison can't do it properly because she doesn't believe in evolution. So they bring in Richard Dawkins to do it instead. He and Mrs. Garrison hit it off, so to keep Dawkins in her bed she converts to atheism.

Cartman refuses to wait three weeks until the Nintendo Wii comes out. (Yes, this is from 2006.) So he freezes himself. Butters is supposed to unfreeze him once the Wii is out, but there's an avalanche, so Butters can't find him. Cartman is instead frozen until the year 2546.

In 2546 there's no religion. People kinda' worship Dawkins and his wife (Mrs. Garrison), without whom Dawkins would never have been able to spread atheism by being a **** to everyone who doesn't agree withhim. It's not all great, however, because there are three factions of atheists who are at war over The Great Question: what to call the group of all atheists. Also, one of the factions is otters who can talk.

Cartman still can't play Wii (from a combination of the war being about to kill him and not being able to hook it up to a screen), so he uses time-phone hijinks to prank call Mrs. Garrison and prevent she and Dawkins from ever hooking up. The world is not at peace, but the three factions at least aren't fighting each other, so they send Cartman home.

In the resulting future bit, after Cartman has changed it to be all peaceful, they say that they've done away with -isms, because stupid people make them into terrible things. (To paraphrase.)

So, yeah. South Park isn't subtle.

Also, it looks like South Park is pretty vigilant about keeping their stuff off of Youtube and the like. The few bits I found there weren't whole episodes and were terribad quality anyway. I'm afraid you might be outa' luck if you're not in the US, here. If you *really* want to, you could probably use a US proxy and watch them, but they're honestly not worth the effort.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 2:05pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

If you want to help the world so bad by having religions stop the wars, you must be the god, not deny the gods excistence.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
This might even go in my sig.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 3:05pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

I watched the first one and im not sure what im supposed to get out of it exactly

All it showed was a society of atheists living in the 24th century apparently not playing games anymore. They had this goal to find the kid who was frozen because he supposedly knows who the person who started the society is.

It is not an accurate display of what the world would be like without religion

Your basically saying people will kill each other for evidence. I don't get how this can be considered anything close to human. People would share the knowledge, especially if it was scientific. There isn't any real fighting going on today because of something someone owns that could prove something in science

Why would there be any in 500 years

cudd the point is that even without religion there will still be wars, it was kind of obvious
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 3:09pm | Report
If you read my post carefully
I say clearly, I doubt that this is what the true out come will be like
Read for ****s sake
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 3:16pm | Report
i did read that and it was kind of obvious thats not what the true outcome will be, there are talking otters and religion is most likely never going to die out

the point of the south park episodes that mowen was trying to say is that even without religion there will still be wars, there will still be disease, and there will still be problems in the world
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 3:23pm | Report
Well yes
There will still be war over land, Oil or just random ******** reasons
I never said It would stop

I was talking in the sense that IF it could be stopped, it would be impossible with religion still thriving.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 3:52pm | Report
Why that assumption, lol? From where do you get the conclusion that if war could be stopped, it must be done without religion?

I must say, the atheists have been poorly represented by you.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 7:15pm | Report
Historically, religion has tended to have very little to do with starting wars. It has, however, often been a terrific excuse for them. There is, therefore, little reason to assume that a world without religion would be any more likely to also lack war than our world with religion does; the wars will probably happen anyway, and people will just find different reasons to justify them.

I'm going to have to step out of this thread now, though, because I really don't want to write something long that no one will read anyway. Suffice to say that we really can't have a good discussion about religion when we're using the term "religion" as a proxy for "Protestant Christianity" (for at least some of the participants in this discussion) and when we seem to be almost exclusively talking about popular Protestant thought in the past century or so, which still isn't necessarily being represented properly. (Did you know that in the 1920's it was generally accepted that the Bible was probably allegorical and metaphorical rather than literally true?)
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 7:53pm | Report
i think this thread has derailed enough can we lock it down
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide