Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So I asked people why their god doesn't help...

Creator: MrCuddowls February 17, 2013 2:11am
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2013 7:09pm | Report
Rhollback wrote:

"You" : Spelling
"Who" : Capitalization
And a period missing.
0/10

And I'm talking to you, though you asking that question already implies that you know I was talking to you, I assume.

fun fact: i cba to check out my grammar or not use contraction's and shortforms most of the time on this forum. when I actually am 'professional' like when I review a guide (not give criticism, review) or make a serious post, I tend to check my grammar and spelling and make sure everything is perfect. You've been here for 2 weeks and probably seen like 10 of my posts, and am assuming I don't know how to type, I imagine? I have 8k posts, even if 100 of those have **** grammar it doesn't matter, the vast majority of my posts have good grammar and punctuation, etc.

As for the original post, you can say whatever you like, there are times when I post a lot and give plenty of constructive criticism to guides, and there are times when a) the guide is so bad there's no point in saying anything because nothing will change, and the user who created the guide didn't even try (the guide I posted on earlier falls into this category) or b) I just don't feel like it, which can happen, I'll usually come back and post more if this is the case, or c) i've already talked to the person on skype/league etc and the post is just confirmation of a c2v or something. Not to mention posting blatant dislike is something you're gonna have to get used to if you're on this website because there's a lot of it.

Quoted:
One post and I already like you Searz. I will reply with one, simply, sentence:

"Religion is great, religion makes people thrive. Man is ignorant, man corrupts"

Religion is not to blame for the wrongdoings of man. Just because I slay a dog and say it was for my religion does not put my religion at fault, but me.
Religion is a scapegoat for both the non-believers and the believers. Just the way humans were made.

Rep+ for you because you're that daring man that has te power of being smart and being on the internet at the same time, and for once, I'm not being sarcastic.

So if your religion says you'll get into heaven when you die as long as you believe in your god and act in favor of him, and you go kill the enemies of your god and then commit suicide, that is the human's fault and not your religion? While religion may not say such a thing directly, nearly all religion imply that this scenario will get you into heaven. Would Christians condemn someone for wanting to get into heaven? No. I would say in fact that there have been many wars caused mainly by religion. Take the teutonic order crusades, for example.

I'm not an atheist, but I'm also not a real christian either. I'm still figuring out whether I even believe in God, just to show you where my view is coming from.

Rhollback
<Member>
Rhollback's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2013 8:24pm | Report
You have failed in not understanding that I am Catholic, not Christian. Mere belief does not guarantee you salvation. Tell me, oh one who holds the mind from another plane, how religion is at fault? It's an ideal.
You failed to counter my point where if man decides to kill things in the name of religion, that it is his fault, not religion. Why? Because man rewrote what he wanted to write of religion. Man made man believe some idiotic garbage to kill the people he doesn't like.
Religion perception takes the same form as an offending perception. You are only offended if you THINK it's offensive. So religion is only violent because man THINKS it's violent. And if nearly all religion imply this, I urge you to please show me where. I'm curious.

In the end there is only one true evil; Ignorance and one true good; Knowledge. I need to remember who wrote that honestly.

EDIT: I am ignoring your first part of the your post. While I actually would enjoy speaking about it, it's not the topic at hand.

Thanks to the very talented The_Nameless_Bard
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2013 8:29pm | Report
Rhollback just to point out the bible has many parts of it that say "if one doesnt believe in god burn down his city!"

paraphrased obviously but you did say that man rewrote what he wanted so i guess my posts only point is to make sure no one uses this example to show you where
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2013 9:05pm | Report
The bible said many things

22 While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, “Bring out the man who came to your house so we can have sex with him.”

23 The owner of the house went outside and said to them, “No, my friends, don’t be so vile. Since this man is my guest, don’t do this outrageous thing.

24 Look, here is my virgin daughter, and his concubine. I will bring them out to you now, and you can use them and do to them whatever you wish. But as for this man, don’t do such an outrageous thing.”

25 But the men would not listen to him. So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go.

26 At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight.

Judges 19:22 to 19:26
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2013 9:19pm | Report
LOCKKK PLSSSS
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2013 9:26pm | Report
Rhollback wrote:

You have failed in not understanding that I am Catholic, not Christian. Mere belief does not guarantee you salvation. Tell me, oh one who holds the mind from another plane, how religion is at fault? It's an ideal.
You failed to counter my point where if man decides to kill things in the name of religion, that it is his fault, not religion. Why? Because man rewrote what he wanted to write of religion. Man made man believe some idiotic garbage to kill the people he doesn't like.
Religion perception takes the same form as an offending perception. You are only offended if you THINK it's offensive. So religion is only violent because man THINKS it's violent. And if nearly all religion imply this, I urge you to please show me where. I'm curious.

In the end there is only one true evil; Ignorance and one true good; Knowledge. I need to remember who wrote that honestly.

EDIT: I am ignoring your first part of the your post. While I actually would enjoy speaking about it, it's not the topic at hand.

this is offtopic and things go offtopic the original topic quite often here, so don't be afraid to post about that. it's not really against the rules. you can also pm me if you want to continue.

While religion may have been intended to not be violent, it has become this way for a lot of people. Just look at the suicide bombing of extreme muslimists. If man rewrote religion, then wouldn't that be 'blasphemy' since the bible was 'supposed' to be written by the disciples of God, and therefore the 'word of god' expressed in it's purest form? There are many instances of violence in the bible, not just from the enemies of God. If the bible isn't violent, why does it often reference God 'smiting' his enemies, non believers, etc, as well as hell, which you would think (and i'm pretty sure most people who believe in heaven/hell) is very violent? I could probably find specific quotes, but i'm sure you know what i'm talking about.

Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2013 10:30pm | Report
Embracing wrote:

LOCKKK PLSSSS
sig by jhoijhoi
Shaddofokkusu
<Member>
Shaddofokkusu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2013 10:31pm | Report
Embracing wrote:

LOCKKK PLSSSS
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2013 10:44pm | Report
LOCK PLX.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2013 10:59pm | Report
I don't really see a reason to lock the thread... people are being civil and having discussions they want to discuss. If you think this thread is stupid then just don't read it. >.>

I will keep an eye on it though.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide