Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So I asked people why their god doesn't help...

Creator: MrCuddowls February 17, 2013 2:11am
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2013 11:28pm | Report
okay as of now it is civil and both sides are making good points, I'm just afraid it's going to turn toxic sooner or later.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2013 11:33pm | Report
Yes but I try to give the benefit of the doubt. If anybody feels a thread is getting toxic just remember to report a post in that thread so the moderation staff will be faster to act. We also have lives and can't check every thread.
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2013 11:33pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

I don't really see a reason to lock the thread... people are being civil and having discussions they want to discuss. If you think this thread is stupid then just don't read it. >.>

I will keep an eye on it though.

if you read the original post it was about "look im trolling christians hahahahahaha"

but yes it is civil now but in 2-3 pages itll be toxic, thats my bet
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Aseafy
<Member>
Aseafy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2013 11:35pm | Report
There is only one true god. I'm not trying to tell all the people that believe a different religion from me that they are dumb, but the other 'fake gods' are created for power and blasphemous reasons. There are parts in the bible where people worship statues, and stupid stuff like that. However, this will only go poorly in their favor.

You can't just compare god to the gods of terrorists. They obviously have messed up thinking from their sins and worshipping a nonexistent god.
In-depth guide to the Twisted Treeline - Whether you want to play competitively or for fun (:
Find the fun of ranked 3's by clicking here!

Thank you to The Nameless Bard for my signature!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2013 11:38pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

I don't really see a reason to lock the thread... people are being civil and having discussions they want to discuss. If you think this thread is stupid then just don't read it. >.>

I will keep an eye on it though.

FINALLY a voice of reason!
There will be plenty of discussion when I get home >:D
Embracing wrote:

LOCKKK PLSSSS

Stop being such whiny *****es. Just ignore the thread if you can't contribute and don't like the discussion.

MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 12:22am | Report
The thing religious people ignore the most is the fact that there are thousands of religions other then their's and all of which have a different god. All you need to do is give them a checklist of gods and tell them to check off all that they worship. They are likely to only check one, to which you can say that "once you give me a good reason for all the other gods being non existent, then i'll tell you why I don't believe in your god either. To which they will either shut up and back down or give you a response like the ones people gave me in the first post.
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 1:03am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

The thing religious people ignore the most is the fact that there are thousands of religions other then their's and all of which have a different god. All you need to do is give them a checklist of gods and tell them to check off all that they worship. They are likely to only check one, to which you can say that "once you give me a good reason for all the other gods being non existent, then i'll tell you why I don't believe in your god either. To which they will either shut up and back down or give you a response like the ones people gave me in the first post.

so what youre saying is that religious people shouldnt hate on other religions because they believe in a god others dont believe in but atheists can because they dont believe in a god others believe in?
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 1:12am | Report
What the hell are you talking about?

I never said anything about hating on anything or anyone in that post

I ask them to tell me why all the other gods don't exist because if they did tell me why, they will usually say reasons for why THEIR god doesn't exist either. For example:
"There is no physical proof that Zeus exists"

If someone says that to me I can say the same thing back to them, only changing the god's name
"There is no physical proof that Jesus exists"

Dill you seriously confuse me sometimes. How you come up with this stuff out of no where. Religious people can hate on other religions all they want, I don't care if they do.

Lol, seriously dude your last post made zero sense. Read carefully next time
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 1:32am | Report
Aseafy wrote:

There is only one true god. I'm not trying to tell all the people that believe a different religion from me that they are dumb, but the other 'fake gods' are created for power and blasphemous reasons. There are parts in the bible where people worship statues, and stupid stuff like that. However, this will only go poorly in their favor.

You can't just compare god to the gods of terrorists. They obviously have messed up thinking from their sins and worshipping a nonexistent god.

FUN FACT

God=Allah
Christians and Muslims have the same god only a different prophet, Jesus and Muhammad respectively

(at least thats what i know as of right now at 4 am in the morning so i might be incorrect)

and im not trying to tell you your religion is dumb but you worship a a deity in the heavens that created everything ever, so saying people that worship statues that are actually physically on Earth is stupid is kinda hypocritical
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 3:41am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

If you actually go on my account on Yahoo answers, you can see that I troll the heck out of the Religion section, and people actually get mad.

Goddammit.
Here I am defending you against unjust hate and you just reveal that you're going around trolling christians --.--

(well, not that I did it for your sake or anything, but still..)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide