Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So I asked people why their god doesn't help...

Creator: MrCuddowls February 17, 2013 2:11am
Werepirelord
<Member>
Werepirelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 7:42am | Report
Hiya, throwing in my random semi-related pic for the day:

See you later, armadillos! Unless I see you first!
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 8:11am | Report
Quoted:

I honestly don't get those with the need to seek for religious people for the sake of arguing with them. It just seems dumb to me to tell someone who believes in their superhero that this superhero guy never lived, let them have their faith ffs, it's not like they're forcing you to go to church and hear about Jesusman.

People going to religious people for the sake of argument, and then blabbering about their "outsmartings" of said religious people are to me as obnoxious to listen to as the religious people themselves.

Please, just leave them be.

pretty much sums up my thoughts

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 9:17am | Report

Hiya, throwing in my random semi-related pic for the day:

depending on the prespective, maybe i can quote Christopher Hitchens when he said Northe Corea was not a tirannicy, nor a monarchy, it is a necrocracy, since the supreme ruler is (still) Kim Il-Sung.

As I have said previously in many other threads of the like, i have no need of belief in some supernatural entity and, although it seems relevent of a high degree of no individuality and lack of understanding of oneself and his surrondings, i try not to confront such people with what seems to me as nonsense.

you are basically trying to destroy someone's foundations of personality and, if you are to do it to someone, you have to make sure such person agrees and is prepared for it.

Edit: if all you can do is to force an argument about such topics and try to diminish such culture, i can only say you seem like a spoiled child in dire need of attention.

Sig made by Hogopogo
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 10:43am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

but why do their beliefs matter so much to you to the point that you have to argue with them about it? why cant you just let people live their lives? just because you reject the beliefs of others doesnt mean you should bash on their religion for no reason

I think it's along the same lines as religious people trying to "save the souls" of non-believers. He thinks he's helping people, while in reality he's probably doing about as much good as a random religious person going around knocking doors.
Embracing wrote:

Why in the world would you try to argue about an abstract subject?

Stop acting silly. People can believe in what they want. There is no right or wrong in this sense because you're arguing over something that cannot be substantiated.

There is rarely any right or wrong in ANY subject, just more or less right/wrong, yet lots of discussions are had.

As long as the subject is treated intelligently I don't see the reason to lock it down.

okay as of now it is civil and both sides are making good points, I'm just afraid it's going to turn toxic sooner or later.

Without Canoas here I don't think we have to be so worried. I'm glad he's gone. Now there's at least a chance for some proper discussion. I just hope Mooninites doesn't get in here. He would be a major **** like he always is and it'll be a certain lock when that happens..
DillButt64 wrote:

if you read the original post it was about "look im trolling christians hahahahahaha"

No, not really, he wrote that later.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 10:48am | Report
Seems you really enjoy this thread Searz :P

@Thread; YOU ALL ARE NOOBS, THE SPAGHETTI MONSTER IS THE ONLY GOOD RELIGION :O
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Bludes
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Werepirelord
<Member>
Werepirelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 11:26am | Report
MAY WE ALL BATHE IN HIS NOODELYNESS

See you later, armadillos! Unless I see you first!
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 11:52am | Report
**** you guys, we all know that the *****y anime character who wears bunny costumes is our true god
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 12:36pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

**** you guys, we all know that the *****y anime character who wears bunny costumes is our true god
http://files.myopera.com/SailorMax/albums/158/%5BAnimePaper%5Dwallpapers_The-Melancholy-Of-Haruhi-Suzumiya_XArturoX(1.6)_1920x1200_96310.jpg

**** no. IT'S NOT THAT GOOD.
Stop overrating that ****.

(I've yet to see the movie tho, but I doubt it's THAT amazing)
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 12:52pm | Report
I think the real problem is that people ask for something they want.

From James 4:3

Quoted:

“When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures”

I think the difference is, people are asking God to end hunger in Africa as a way to test him, not necessarily for the betterment of African children.

Additionally, from Luke 4:12

Quoted:

And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

You shall not test your God. So basically by doing this your sinning which leads to...

Isaiah 59:1-2

Quoted:

“Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor His ear too dull to hear. But your iniquities have separated you from God; your sins have hidden his face from you so that He will not hear"

This may be a bit old fashioned, but I think it still holds some merit.I guess more neo-christianity (thats not a derogatory term, just meaning new christian thinking) believes that God always listens, however, sinning separates our relationship with God, and I think the general idea from this passage is if you separate your relationship with God how can he hear you?

Finally from Proverbs 21:13

Quoted:

“If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered”

I think this is perhaps the most convincing passage that I have found. Basically, God gives you all the tools and instruments to solve these issues. For the specific case of Africa, the world produces 7x its food needs, the issue isn't God here. We produce way more food than we need, but the food doesn't necessarily make it to the starving children in Africa. God gave us the tools, but what did we do with them?

God works in mysterious ways and often through people. There are many people trying to solve the issue of world hunger, and God can work through you or others without directly handing food down.

Anyway to wrap things up, the issue isn't God here, I think the issue is humans, and God doesn't answer 'prayers', he is above you and your tests. I guess you can look back at the bible, and when has man ever successfully tested God? The answer is never, there is not a single instance in the Bible when God is tested by man successfully, furthermore, it is God who has the power to test man.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2013 1:14pm | Report
Searz wrote:

**** no. IT'S NOT THAT GOOD.
Stop overrating that ****.

(I've yet to see the movie tho, but I doubt it's THAT amazing)

I never said it was good O_O
I was ridiculing it more than praising it
Though I loved the movie

Searz I think you will really like the movie, mostly because there is no Haruhi in it
Its just Kyon going crazy

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide