Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So I asked people why their god doesn't help...

Creator: MrCuddowls February 17, 2013 2:11am
Rhollback
<Member>
Rhollback's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 10:47am | Report

How is this thread STILL going? >>

Well you see, what you do is you turn on computer, go to mobafire.com, look up the thread and post.

Thanks to the very talented The_Nameless_Bard
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 11:03am | Report
You've outsmarted me this time, Rhollback! I... feel dumb now.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 12:19pm | Report

Funny how you're just as ignorant as the next-church religionist.

EDIT: Almost forgot to post my picture for today:

Thanks. I was looking for an example of "the kinds of atheists everyone hates".

Your post is absolutely drenched in irony, it's not even funny. Please read (that means actually reading the posts people made in this thread) the not-that-hard-to-read thread before making rather unfounded and child like statements like that. You would see that a rather civil discussion is going on right now.

The same goes to the other people poking their heads in here asking "how is this thread still alive?". If you simply read the recent pages, your answers will be found. Think and research first before you spout your uneducated ignorance.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

mage legend
<Member>
mage legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 12:41pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Indeed. One should only defend what they truly understand, not parrot what they've heard. This is why many atheists are very unwilling to discuss the topic of God with Christians because many Christians go about it as "you just gotto believe" or "believe or you'll burn in hell. Most of those Christians have no idea what hell even is, nor do they even understand the very principle of the religion they believe in. From an understanding like that comes those self-righteous fools who spout nonsense like "turn or burn" or "God hates ***s".

This post isn't aimed at you Mage, merely at a different subject matter.

First, about the comment before, i do believe in God. That's why i'm a Christian. It would be stupid to be one but not believe in God. Like i said, religions help you answer live questions, so you should believe in God if you're a Christian. Also, religions HELP you answer live questions, not just point them out and decide for you. You're still free to believe in what you want, but sometimes it doesn't make sense.

I'm not the kind of Christian that thinks atheists will burn in hell if they don't believe in God, those are Christians that exaggerate in everything about religion. I think they're called extremists.
I knew the comment wasn't aimed at me, i'm totally different then those extremists that directly exaggerate about burning in hell, assume everyone is trying to offend them and their religion, and who feel offended way too quickly and stuff. I don't believe what they tell me, i believe what they learn me. I don't believe in hell because they tell me about it, but i do believe in the things they learn me at school about religions.

I'm not telling you're an extremist, i'm just saying i'm not one of them. They're different from normal Christians.

I think my points at the start should answer your other questions and comments, and that i have said enough. You just said the opposite of my comment, while my comment answers yours itself.
Weird logic, i know, but i'm not going to answer them again, because the answer is in my comments before.
Also takes too much time because i still have to test the free champs, and i have a guide to update and another one to work on. It's like 2 months ago since i ever updated them.
Please remember that i'm not trying to offend you, i'm just stating my opinion.

Kind regards,
Mage Legend

Thanks to jhoijhoi for making this sig!

[ri]
Thanks to Tinystar for the sig! ^^

[ri]
Thanks to Nameless Bard for the sig! ^^
+rep if you think i deserve it :)
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 12:45pm | Report
Plus has he even tried to read The Bible? Can you seriously say The Bible is easier to read than scientific books?! Even Christians and people who want to read it have difficulty chugging through it, it's not exactly a "light read."

Personally I'm 250 pages into a book about dinosaurs I started reading about a week ago, and I find this book much easier to read than The Bible, which I've read about 10 "chapters" of.

Plz post actually funny picture next time, k thx.

Also I agree with the extremists of each side making both sides look like stupid jerks.
Creedless
<Member>
Creedless's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 12:49pm | Report
Atheists and religious people will not change their views for anyone. It is hard to change what you grew up with as it's practically the core of your beliefs. So . . . don't question or judge anyone when it comes to religion. It's futile. Anyways, have fun with this comic by The Oatmeal on religion.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/religion
If I helped you out, +REP me ^_^
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 12:49pm | Report
Mage, I have but one thought to you that I think you should deeply consider:

If the atheist is right, it doesn't matter if he convinces you or not, the end result is the same. You both die and then cease to exist anymore.

If you are right, then it does matter. That means while you go on to heaven, the people you didn't convince go to a place without God for all of eternity in the after life.

If you truly believe your own religion, how can you go on with the ideology that people can believe what they want to believe, especially when Christianity clearly states that there is only one way to redemption and that's through Christianity?
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 12:50pm | Report
Yesterday one of my university friends told me an interesting story... Her younger brother had his first day of preschool and came home very happy and excited from learning all sorts of new things. While he was talking to her, she was in the garden, pruning some flowers or something.

Suddenly her brother said, "No! You're hurting God's creations!"

My university friend and me - we're studying a Bachelor of Secondary Education, majoring in Science. Her family is not religious, but they all attended private schools (which are all religious here in Australia).

It was his FIRST day of preschool. He had NEVER been exposed to religion prior to this. In fact, my uni friend is a firm enthusiast for heavy metal and constantly wears what could be considered "satanic" or "goth" clothing.

My point is that religion is almost a disease. And it is extremely viral. It particularly preys on the young, transferred by older and therefore "trusted" members in that child's life.

Whilst this private school has a religious backing, one does not expect a 6 year old to be introduced so heavily and immediately, on his first day, to a religion he previously had never heard of other than abstractly.

With a child that young, you're not giving him a choice. He's too young to decide what is right or wrong. Whatever he is exposed to, he'll learn. And it makes it harder, later in life, to change the entire way he's been taught at school, especially when he will be trying his hardest to fit in in a new environment.

Notes: Yes, I understand he was enrolled in a private school backed by religion, so his parents understood the "risk" of him becoming religious. That's not what this post was about. This post was about a preschool teacher preaching about God to a class of 6 year olds when they should have been finger painting.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 1:20pm | Report
Jhoijhoi, I know there are many institutions out there that enforce a religion you don't see eye to eye with. With this kept in mind, how would you go about raising that child? Would you send him through the school of hard knocks?! What would you define as right and wrong when raising a child?

I agree that some themes in Christianity are a little extreme for a child to learn at a young age, but not all of them are. I honestly think the kid heard "God created everything on this planet", and thus started treating everything as God's creation. Many Christian principles are good to live by for a level headed individual. But unless the kid is spouting "kill the unbelievers!" I'm not fully seeing eye to eye with your concern, especially if it was the parents choice to send him there. If it concerns you that much, do your homework on the subject or talk to the boy's parents. Calling religion a disease just because a child called a flower God's creation sounds rather childlike.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

mage legend
<Member>
mage legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 1:31pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Mage, I have but one thought to you that I think you should deeply consider:

If the atheist is right, it doesn't matter if he convinces you or not, the end result is the same. You both die and then cease to exist anymore.

If you are right, then it does matter. That means while you go on to heaven, the people you didn't convince go to a place without God for all of eternity in the after life.

If you truly believe your own religion, how can you go on with the ideology that people can believe what they want to believe, especially when Christianity clearly states that there is only one way to redemption and that's through Christianity?

Thats a difficult question, but i guess everyone has the right to believe what they want. If it's stated by Christianity, then it's not my problem they don't believe in God and who knows go to hell, but that's not how it works. If i am right, then i don't think atheists will go to a place without God for all of eternity. Those people just want proof of the existence of God, but that's normal. Not everyone does believe what their own parents or other people learn them. Atheists would go to heaven, wether they believe or not. It's just their way of living, and their religion and we have to understand that. That's why expect the same respect back. But some would rather insult Christianity then to understand it, and those are the people i can't stand.

I don't want to force anyone to change their religion. You just can't convince everyone, but no problem, if they don't want to believe, then they don't have to. I know i am kind of protecting some atheists now, wich i didn't do at the start, but now i'm talking the atheists that show respect and actually deserve to go to heaven.

Everyone has a choice, but the way your parents live affects you and your religion.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for making this sig!

[ri]
Thanks to Tinystar for the sig! ^^

[ri]
Thanks to Nameless Bard for the sig! ^^
+rep if you think i deserve it :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide