Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So I asked people why their god doesn't help...

Creator: MrCuddowls February 17, 2013 2:11am
mage legend
<Member>
mage legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2013 2:24pm | Report
Cudd, you just don't understand religions. It's not about facts, wether he believes or not.
Religions help you answer life questions, like: is heaven real? Everyone has a different opinion, and religions help you create one. For some, religions are motives to live. You can't just answer that question. It seems like you don't have a lot of respect for them.

Why god doesn't help starving children in Africa? There are different theories.
- God does not show its existence, it's just a test to believe in him with no proof at all. That's what a religion is about.
- We're supposed to take care of ourselves, he has already done a good job creating the world, and leaves the rest to us. He can't take care of the problems WE cause all the time, he's not our mom, and this is our responsibility, not his. Even though this is serious, this is our fault, and we have to solve this ourselves. I do wish to see him solving these problems too.
- God is mad at us because we cause too many problems. A little like the theory before.

There are much more, but it depends in what and how you believe. You believe in nothing, so you don't understand, but that doesn't mean you should show no respect to it.
I hope you understand now and that you will show more respect to religions, because it is no laughing matter.

Greetings, Mage Legend

Thanks to jhoijhoi for making this sig!

[ri]
Thanks to Tinystar for the sig! ^^

[ri]
Thanks to Nameless Bard for the sig! ^^
+rep if you think i deserve it :)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2013 2:29pm | Report

Religions help you answer life questions, like: is heaven real?

Yea, I most certainly agree to this.

That's also why science is taking over from religion.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2013 2:30pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

There is no communication more impersonal than forum threads.

Don't blame them for not understanding you :P

Whoa, I did not expect you of all people to say something smart like this :O

After all your cringe-worthy jokes and cookie-cutter responses I didn't think you had it in you, I guess I was wrong.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2013 7:12pm | Report
Chiming in once again.

Why god doesn't help starving children in Africa? There are different theories.
- God does not show its existence, it's just a test to believe in him with no proof at all. That's what a religion is about.
- We're supposed to take care of ourselves, he has already done a good job creating the world, and leaves the rest to us. He can't take care of the problems WE cause all the time, he's not our mom, and this is our responsibility, not his. Even though this is serious, this is our fault, and we have to solve this ourselves. I do wish to see him solving these problems too.
- God is mad at us because we cause too many problems. A little like the theory before.

@ Point 1- False. The Old Testament is proof to those that believe in religion that God, very well indeed, proved his works in front of His people (the Jews) through miracles and many divine interventions, from their escape from Egypt to the works of Elijah and even through the life of Jesus and those that proceeded after him. The thing is, even if God were to show his works, many would still doubt that God is real or that God really cares. If you need proof of this, simply read the book of Exodus.

@ Point 2 and 3- False. The thing is, many of the afflictions caused onto the innocent are done by the works of man and man alone. The burdens brought forth upon us are brought forth by us humans as a whole because we have free will. If a man were to go out and stab a random civilian to death, many would question "If God really cared, why did that poor man have to die like that?". The answer is simply because the world is just imperfect. The freewill of man burdened by sin is what causes most of the tragedies we see in this world. "Well why doesn't God simply just make it so that we're all goody goody"? What's the point of having people love a God if it's not by their own will? We'd have a scenario much similar to 1984 imo if such a thing were enforced on the world by God.

Those are simply my thoughts on the scenarios you've brought forth and from my understandings of the religion of Christianity.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 7:52am | Report
ShiftyCake wrote:

Yes, a dot changes the meaning of an entire sentence, through feelings. As I just stated, which you obviously ignored, you don't have to analyse the dot. It's the feeling you perceive from it.

Yea, I'm getting plenty of feelings from that dot.

How do you expect anybody to understand a sentence differently by changing a single small detail? Why don't you just properly explain yourself instead of posting "cryptic" messages?
You're being ridiculous.

All I see is you trying to worm your way out of a **** move you made.
Quoted:
Again, your reading this stuff with the mindset that I'm an *******, and every comment should be assumed as much.

Most of your comments alone, without having read any others would make me believe that you're an ***.
Read below for example.
Quoted:
Calling something someone did idiotic, and calling someone an idiot, are two entirely separate things. The first is an attack at the comment, the second is an attack at the person. Don't confuse the two.

Did you even understand what I wrote?
You're simply responding by saying that things are the exact opposite of what I wrote. You didn't give any reasoning at all..
Quoted:
Instead you guys get all judgmental before you even being reading, because how dare I say something against you.

Do you not see how this comment will probably be perceived as rude by most people?
Why do you post such comments time and time again? Prime example of why people perceive you as an ***.

mage legend
<Member>
mage legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 7:58am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Chiming in once again.

@ Point 1- False. The Old Testament is proof to those that believe in religion that God, very well indeed, proved his works in front of His people (the Jews) through miracles and many divine interventions, from their escape from Egypt to the works of Elijah and even through the life of Jesus and those that proceeded after him. The thing is, even if God were to show his works, many would still doubt that God is real or that God really cares. If you need proof of this, simply read the book of Exodus.

@ Point 2 and 3- False. The thing is, many of the afflictions caused onto the innocent are done by the works of man and man alone. The burdens brought forth upon us are brought forth by us humans as a whole because we have free will. If a man were to go out and stab a random civilian to death, many would question "If God really cared, why did that poor man have to die like that?". The answer is simply because the world is just imperfect. The freewill of man burdened by sin is what causes most of the tragedies we see in this world. "Well why doesn't God simply just make it so that we're all goody goody"? What's the point of having people love a God if it's not by their own will? We'd have a scenario much similar to 1984 imo if such a thing were enforced on the world by God.

Those are simply my thoughts on the scenarios you've brought forth and from my understandings of the religion of Christianity.

You didn't understand me well, about point 1, yes. God helped Moses on his way to escape from Egypt, but i meant he doesn't show any sign of existence nowadays. I didn't say i agree with the 3 theories, they are just opinions of other people, however, i do agree with point 1. We have to believe without any proof of his existence. Some would call it naivity, and others would call it religion.

About point 2 and 3, i didn't mean that God was responsible for the afflictions, i meant that they are our fault and that we are responsible for it. God has helped us enough by creating the world and all other things. I'm not sure if god could actually be mad at us for what we did, and just leave us for that reason though, it could be that he just doesn't have enough power to help or something, but i believe in point 1.

I do now about Exodus, since i am a Christian myself. I just can't stand people who don't have any respect for my religion. I just try to make my points clear why God "doesn't help starving children" or something like that for those people. Many people think God is responsible for earthquakes and stuff, but he's not. He's also not responsible for sick people. That's just a rumor from the old times.
Greetings,
Mage Legend

Thanks to jhoijhoi for making this sig!

[ri]
Thanks to Tinystar for the sig! ^^

[ri]
Thanks to Nameless Bard for the sig! ^^
+rep if you think i deserve it :)
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 8:56am | Report
If you truly believe that there is no proof that God exists in this world, then one has to question why you are in the religion you're in. If you go about religion with the idea that there's no way to prove God's existence, then there should be no reason for you to say an atheist is wrong for believing the things that they do.

My response earlier was merely my thoughts on the points and scenarios you've brought up and weren't meant to be read as me assuming you believed in said points.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 9:01am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

If you truly believe that there is no proof that God exists in this world, then one has to question why you are in the religion you're in. If you go about religion with the idea that there's no way to prove God's existence, then there should be no reason for you to say an atheist is wrong for believing the things that they do.

My response earlier was merely my thoughts on the points and scenarios you've brought up and weren't meant to be read as me assuming you believed in said points.

True, a lot of people were just born in a christian family, making them christian themselves instantly aswell.

Just because you are born in one doesn't mean that you have to defend christianity for the rest of your life, you have a choice.

You ALWAYS have a choice :O
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Bludes
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Dill Money
<Member>
Dill Money's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 9:11am | Report
Scumbag atheists.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 9:14am | Report
Indeed. One should only defend what they truly understand, not parrot what they've heard. This is why many atheists are very unwilling to discuss the topic of God with Christians because many Christians go about it as "you just gotto believe" or "believe or you'll burn in hell. Most of those Christians have no idea what hell even is, nor do they even understand the very principle of the religion they believe in. From an understanding like that comes those self-righteous fools who spout nonsense like "turn or burn" or "God hates ***s".

This post isn't aimed at you Mage, merely at a different subject matter.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide