Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

So I asked people why their god doesn't help...

Creator: MrCuddowls
February 17, 2013 2:11am
389 posts page 1 of 39 Forums » Off Topic » So I asked people why their god doesn't help starving children in Africa or...
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by MrCuddowls » February 17, 2013 2:11am | Report
Link to original post


They accuse me of being an evil person
"He has told us to do it and He will help us. Do you do anything? If you haven't done anything, aren't
you a hypocrite? If you haven't done anything, you are part of the evil"

They Deny what I am saying with nothing really backing up why they are denying it.
"Your point of view is patently incorrect...WRONG. There is nothing to explain.....EXCEPT that you're WAY off"

They ask questions which lead away from the question I am asking and are usually not addressing the fact that humans actually do something while their god does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
"Why isn't man feeding the starving children of this world when it was last reported that enough food was grown to feed 10 billion people yet there are only around 7 billion people on the planet? Why are the police doing something about women being raped and kids being molested, isn't that what they are paid for?

They ask me why i'm angry
"Why are you so angry about what other people believe? Seriously, what do you care?"

They ignore the fact that THEIR GOD DOESN'T DO ANYTHING
"I see it as us living in a broken world strongly showing the need for God"

They say that we should be doing things to stop tragedy in the world and don't realize that WE ARE THE ONLY THINGS THAT HAVE SHOWN ANY EFFORT TO STOP IT
"WE should be taking action first since it is the duty of the strong to protect the weak"

They give me more stuff to use against them
"What about starving Christians? What about the millions of Christians being violently killed all over the world? Their houses are burned, they are violated" (WHY THE **** DOESN'T YOUR GOD DO ANYTHING TO STOP THAT)


Arguing with Christians is freaking annoying
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Posts: 1733
Joined: May 31st, 2012
Rep: Notable (47)
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Meiyjhe » February 17, 2013 2:57am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Arguing with Christians is freaking annoying


Thats why you shouldn't do it :P

Maybe there is a god, maybe there isn't, you don't know, you will never know.

Sure, logic denies the possibility of having a god out there, and I agree with you.
But if people still believe there is a god, let them believe in it.

It is not to us to decide what someone believes in and what they do not believe in.

Peace! :D
-Meiyjhe

PS: Yes, there are also many Christians that deny the possibility of having a god out there.
But that is not because they hate you, but that is probably because they fear the possibility that there is no god.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Janitsudude

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Posts: 6509
Joined: Oct 27th, 2012
Rep: Renowned (535)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Searz » February 17, 2013 3:31am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Arguing with Christians is freaking annoying

So you're actually trying to argue with people believing in a ... thing living in the clouds, secretly governing all of earth. A thing that is part the holy spirit, part his own son and part the father (himself?).
That this thing is surrounded by humans with large white wings that he control.
And that when a good human dies, they will ascend into the clouds, through golden gates and live with the "Angels".

Is that something a person that isn't totally bat**** bonkers ever would believe in?
They could literally just say "Cuz God" and believe they said something intelligent that invalidates your arguments.
Meiyjhe wrote:

Maybe there is a god, maybe there isn't, you don't know, you will never know.

Since there is a definite lack of any kind of proof or hint at there being one; the only logical(read: the only non-******ed) thing would be to assume that there isn't one.

The reason the world has progressed as far as it has today is because of a simple principle: the best explanation is the truth, the explanation with the most fact and best reasoning is the one that is treated as the truth.
It's the reason we have computers at all. And believing in god is honestly a little like spitting in the faces of the thousands of great people who made computers possible.. Many of whom were prosecuted or even killed by christians.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Searz's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Posts: 13418
Joined: Jun 6th, 2010
Rep: Esteemed (444)
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Meiyjhe » February 17, 2013 3:51am | Report
Searz wrote:

The reason the world has progressed as far as it has today is because of a simple principle: the best explanation is the truth, the explanation with the most fact and best reasoning is the one that is treated as the truth.
It's the reason we have computers at all. And believing in god is honestly a little like spitting in the faces of the thousands of great people who made computers possible.. Many of whom were prosecuted or even killed by christians.


This... this is true :P

But I have a theory that could explain the possibility of having a god out there:

What if God just didn't care?
What if God just made the world the way it is, and then just observes us, watch us doing stupid mistakes and watch us doing great things in life.
What if God wasn't a god, but just a scientific person doing a project, and this whole universe is smaller than an electron.
We all would be ants, not special, just an expirement made by some kind of scientist.

Of course, people like to feel special, so they won't take my theory for granted.
So they want their god to be caring.
They NEED their god to be caring.

There were times that all things went so awful, that they needed the little spark of hope, that someone was watching them, a friend.
Of course, times aren't as harsh anymore, at least, for most of the western culture.
Most people do not NEED christianity anymore, since they already got an easy life.
The reason why they are still Christian is because their parents were, or in the past, they actually had trouble in life.

The more easy you have it as a Christian, the more likely you are going to be angry at people for not being Christian, because you are afraid that they are right.
You fear that there is no god, because you have it easy enough to look back in the past and look around the world in the present, to see that there are a lot of things that go wrong, and no god is helping them.

Christianity is good when you need hope, it is that little spark that allowed many people to have something to live for, to have hope in life.
Nowadays, I am afraid it is pretty useless.

But this is my opinion, I am sure Christians have arguments against me, and you may have.
We have 7.000.000.000 people on earth, it is only normal that there are people with different opinions.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Posts: 6509
Joined: Oct 27th, 2012
Rep: Renowned (535)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Vaan99 » February 17, 2013 5:10am | Report
I thought this was forum about games, not place to argue. Seems like I was wrong...
Vaan99's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Vaan99
<Member>
Posts: 1084
Joined: Nov 4th, 2010
Rep: Notable (36)
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Meiyjhe » February 17, 2013 5:22am | Report
Vaan99 wrote:

I thought this was forum about games, not place to argue. Seems like I was wrong...


Very much indeed :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Thalia Kael

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Posts: 6509
Joined: Oct 27th, 2012
Rep: Renowned (535)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by caucheka » February 17, 2013 7:39am | Report
arguing religion is like arguing with a brick wall.

when it comes to religion, people have their head so far up their *** that they don't listen to common sense.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
caucheka's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
caucheka
<Veteran>
Posts: 8290
Joined: May 18th, 2010
Rep: Prominent (197)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Anastasios » February 17, 2013 7:40am | Report
Oh hey, a MrCuddowls thread that will degenerate in an absolute *****torm and will eventually be locked

I hope Canoas shows up

Oh, Toshabi too

Many thanks to MissMaw, LaCorpse, Xiron, Arcana3 and Joxuu for making me sigs!
Anastasios's Forum Avatar

Anastasios
<Member>
Posts: 1027
Joined: Dec 19th, 2011
Rep: Memorable (83)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Rhollback » February 17, 2013 9:23am | Report
I believe in God as a Catholic but my belief is that our diety is very much above our existance, making his motives impossible to understand by us, who have a limited amount of knowledge. Now before thinking I amusing the cop-out argument "God moves in mysterious ways", I just think we are unable to understand. Another belief of mine is that, well, we're not sure if he cares about us really. God is there, he created everything, but it's unknown if he really gives a damn about us at all, like a neglecting parent.

Thanks to the very talented The_Nameless_Bard
Rhollback's Forum Avatar

Rhollback
<Member>
Posts: 229
Joined: Feb 6th, 2013
Rep: Unremarkable (19)
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Nighthawk » February 17, 2013 10:39am | Report
the fact that some of the Christians in that thread make more sense than you do sometimes, is startling and really sad.


Nighthawk's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Posts: 10022
Joined: Dec 7th, 2010
Rep: Renowned (680)
Blog   |   Profile

Quick Reply:

Guest commenting is currently disabled, please log in or sign up to respond!