What did you have for Dinner?Creator: jhoijhoi October 18, 2011 3:01am
it's about time for lunch... idk what we will eat tonight, my mom will probably set something ready so I have an easy time preparing it. I'm guessing potatoes with vegetables, that are only known to Dutch people :P
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask
Too hot to be icecream.
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
I had spaghetti bolognese last night and will eat the rest tonight.
Nothing for lunch today because my parents work and I'm a lazy ****.
Nothing for lunch today because my parents work and I'm a lazy ****.
You need to log in before commenting.
If you would like, include your recipe to be displayed below ^^
I had Indian Curry Chicken and Rice! YUMMY!
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons curry powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon paprika
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
1/2 teaspoon white sugar
salt to taste
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 cup plain yogurt
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until lightly browned. Stir in garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, paprika, bay leaf, ginger, sugar and salt. Continue stirring for 2 minutes. Add chicken pieces, tomato paste, yogurt, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove bay leaf, and stir in lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Simmer 5 more minutes. Then, get a plate/bowl and put some rice that suits your needs. Next, put the curry over the chicken. ENJOY!!
It tastes better than it looks ^^
Necro! I need to share the recipe for awesome Poppy Seed Muffins! (thanks to Vort/Colin for making me make them :P)
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 125g butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons marmalade
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
0) Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (moderate) and prepare muffin tray with spray oil.
1) Soak poppy seeds in liquid ingredients for 10 minutes.
2) Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3) Mix all ingredients together roughly - don't mix too much, mix til just combined.
4) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they can be lifted easily out of the tin.
- 1 large packet sponge finger biscuits
- mixed frozen/fresh berries
- small thickened cream
- 1/4th cup icing sugar
- two jelly packets
- Baileys (or equivalent creamy alcohol)
- Butterscotch Schnapps (or rum)
- vanilla essence
0) Prepare jelly: mix jelly crystals together, use only 1 1/2 required water, so the jelly is more tasty. Set in freezer to firm faster, if required. When set, roughly cube the jelly.
1) Beat thickened cream until fluffy.
2) Add a dash of brandy + a teaspoon of vanilla essence + icing sugar, and beat well.
3) In a deep bowl, place a layer of sponge finger biscuits.
4) Using your better judgement, splash some Baileys and Butterscotch Schnapps onto the sponge finger biscuits (do not drown the biscuits, but the alcohol is dulled a lot by the cream, so you should be able to handle a fair amount of it).
5) Scatter a thin but chunky layer of jelly over the sponge finger biscuit layer.
6) Pour over some of the whipped cream.
7) Scatter some frozen/fresh berries.
8) Repeat steps 4-7, making sure to use the remaining jelly, whipped cream and berries.
9) Refrigerate until ready to eat.
10) NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
I'm not a splendid translator of cooking recipes, so ask if something is wrong or doesn't make sense. Btw this is the most close one to the one I ate (my also had mushrooms)
"Forszmak" (phonetic = Forshmack)
-600 grams pork
-20 grams of smoked sausage
-1 red pepper
-3 pickled cucumbers
-3 tablespoons tomato concentrate(or is it paste?)
-1 large onion
-0.6 liters chicken broth (not sure if broth is correct word for "bulion")
-tablespoon of flour
-oil for frying
Wash the meat, clean and cut into strips. Fry it in a pan and throw into a large pot. Onions, peppers and smoked sausage, cut into cubes and fry in a pan separately and add to pot. Pour broth into the pan, lightly thicken it with flour and pour into pre-prepared ingredients. Spice everything with fresh pepper, add bay leaf, allspice and cook until tender about 1.5 h. After this time we put into the pot pickled cucumbers (cut into stripes), spice the entire dish with tomato concentrate, salt and pepper. Forszmak should be served with bread or mashed potatoes, we can make it more white using cream.
And my favorite breakfast recipe:
"roll with milk" - yay xD
-roll or 2 (depends on size)
1) Cut/rip the roll(s) in to small pieces and put it into a bowl
2) Boil milk
3) Pour boiled milk into the bows with roll pieces
*4) Add salt to the dish
*the salt is not necessary but I like it with salt + if it is a sweet roll you shouldn't add salt at all.
It's still in the oven, and I'm salivating.
- mince 300-500g (100g per person)
- bacon 300g
- 1x onion
- tin of crushed tomatoes
- 4 large potatoes
- 3-5 sheets of shortcut pastry base
- cheese (optional)
1) Dice onion, bacon and potatoes. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
1.5) Prepare oven dish. Spray dish with oil and then cut pastry to fit into the base and around/up the sides of the container. Brush the pastry with some milk to "set" the shape. Place in fridge for the meantime.
2) Boil potatoes
3) Meanwhile, brown the mince and bacon
4) Add onion to the mince mixture, cook until onion is translucent
5) Add crushed tomatoes to the mince mixture and set to simmer
6) By now the potatoes should be nearly done. Remove from heat when they are ready to mash
7) Drain potatoes
8) In a pot, combine potatoes, 1/4th cup milk and 3 tablespoons butter. Mash well.
9) Check pie filling. If it is cooked to the level you like (does it taste good? Is the sauce thick enough? If not, add some gravy powder, or some corn flour to thicken the sauce) spoon pie mixture into prepared oven dish lined with pastry.
10) Spoon mashed potatoes on top of pie filling.
11) Sprinkle with cheese (optional)
12) Cook pie in oven for 30+ minutes until cheese is melted, or mashed potato topping is golden.
13) Plate up ^^
Tuna on Crackers
1)Dispense Chicken Of The Sea brand tuna into medium sized bowl
2)Mix in mayonnaise
3)Add chopped up pickles
4)Squirt in some mustard
5)Salt and Pepper
1)Place spoonful of tuna onto a Saltine cracker
2)Tame your drooling mouth with the tuna cracker
3)Repeat steps 1 & 2 multiple times
Tonight we had Chinese Pork Chops with steam vegetables and special rice.
Chinese Pork Chops Recipe:
- 4 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 4 tablespoons of Tomato Sauce (or Plum Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons of Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Sesame Oil
- 3cm piece of Ginger
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 teaspoons Chinese Five Spice
1) Marinate pork chops (1 per person, above marinade is suitable for 4 pork chops)
2) Place marinated pork chops in an oven-proof dish, bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30+ minutes.
"Special Rice" Recipe:
1) Load 2.5 cups of rice into your rice cooker (2.5 cups will feed 4 people)
2) Mix in 1x25g pack of Chicken Noodle Soup
3) Cook rice as normal
Steamed Vegetables Recipe:
1) Chop vegetables (zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower) into large chunks
2) Place vegetables in steamer, with boiling water in the pot below it
3) Steam for 10-20 minutes depending on vegetables
Plate up :D
1) Heat up the oven till about 200 degrees (celcius of course, you silly americans =D)
2) Get a frozen pizza from the fridge.
3) Put the pizza in the oven
4) Get it out the oven after about 15 mins.
5) Enjoy eating it in front of your tv, or computer.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- some broccoli
- two sticks of celery
- 1x packet of French Onion Soup
- 50ml of thickened cream
- 50g of Philadelphia cream cheese
1) Boil cauliflower, broccoli, celery and soup mix in 5 cups of water for 30 minutes
2) Blend the soup in batches (blender, stick blender)
3) Add cream cheese and thickened cream, mix well
4) Return to stove to warm
5) Add salt and cracked pepper to taste
5) Plate up ^^
Tonight we're having "Chicken and Almonds" - chicken marinated in Chinese five spice, soy sauce, garlic and ginger, cooked in chicken stock with bok choy, snow peas and almonds on a bed of white rice.
My hands smell like garlic :/
Last night we had fried rice with chicken, bacon, red onion, tomatoes, ginger and a soy sauce + sweet chilli sauce + sesame oil concoction for flavour.
- left over roast chiken
- 1x onion
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- 3cm ginger
- soy sauce
- sweet chili sauce
- sesame oil
1) Cook rice in rice cooker (2.5 cups serves 3 people)
2) Meanwhile, dice chicken, bacon, onion and cherry tomatoes
3) To make sauce, cut thinly the ginger and mix with 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 table spoon of sweet chilli sauce, and set aside.
4) Cook on the stove the diced ingredients until the onion is translucent. When onion is cooked, turn off the stove top.
5) When rice is cooked, turn back on the stove top and reheat the ingredients.
6) Add rice in, small amounts at a time to ensure good mixing.
7) Add sauce to taste.
8) Plate up ^^
I had garlic chicken Kiev, with mashed potato, onion and mushroom gravy and broccoflower on the side. Ate too much, aaaaaaah so full.
How come you guys have no money to have dinner? :/
Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys :D
Last night for dinner I had mi goreng with bok choy and Chinese broccoli, with my a concocted sauce of green chilli, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce and sweet chilli sauce.
I guess I'll upload the other recipes another time ;)