Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Your "place" or w/e in school ? ;o

Creator: Kirluu August 28, 2011 9:07pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
davidcarl
<Member>
davidcarl's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 10:54pm | Report
Kirluu wrote:

IMO being abscent only leads to a sad future. At least from what I've seen, the most people who just barely pass(Don't know how far you were from failing) end up as a craftsman of one sort or another. I'm not saying that's a bad thing if it's what you always wanted, it's just what I see as the near-bottom of the educational possibilities out there.
Not judging on those who always wanted to be a craftsman, but have you considered that that might be one's wish because one doesn't have the grades for anything bigger?

:S

I might not have good attendance and miss a lot of subjects but my projects,quizes,and tests are 100% percent perfect :) Know why's that¿ I'm a home schooler ☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺
What's red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet at the same time? Rainbow
StunL0ck
<Member>
StunL0ck's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 11:07pm | Report
no high school for me, I'm in college and its basically your a frat boy or your not, and I said **** being a frat boy so I just chill forreal
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 1:23am | Report
I overslept! GOD DAMMIT!

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 3:36am | Report

Yougan, it's your own damn vault.
iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 8:47am | Report
Kirluu wrote:

IMO being abscent only leads to a sad future. At least from what I've seen, the most people who just barely pass(Don't know how far you were from failing) end up as a craftsman of one sort or another. I'm not saying that's a bad thing if it's what you always wanted, it's just what I see as the near-bottom of the educational possibilities out there.
Not judging on those who always wanted to be a craftsman, but have you considered that that might be one's wish because one doesn't have the grades for anything bigger?

:S

Absence =/= Bad grades/sad future, necessarily. Haha, when I was in high school I would occasionally go to our stage (Where theater performances took place and such), and sleep on the couch that was there during my first hour class. As well, I'd sometimes dip out of my 4th hour class, which was right after lunch, and just take an extended lunch break. Just go off school grounds, to the store or whatever really, and occasionally a restaurant to get some REAL food for lunch. Gooooood times...

And, btw, I passed all of my classes, including the ones I ditched more frequently. All A's and B's. Feels good man
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 8:51am | Report
Dotter wrote:

Yougan, it's your own damn vault.

+rep! LOLOLOL

Yeah I know it was my fault. :<
Tho I will blame my phone... Anwyays I didn't miss my English class that I tought... so I got happyface. :D

I missed Art class and... the... workout class?

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 10:08am | Report
iBradlee wrote:

Absence =/= Bad grades/sad future, necessarily. Haha, when I was in high school I would occasionally go to our stage (Where theater performances took place and such), and sleep on the couch that was there during my first hour class. As well, I'd sometimes dip out of my 4th hour class, which was right after lunch, and just take an extended lunch break. Just go off school grounds, to the store or whatever really, and occasionally a restaurant to get some REAL food for lunch. Gooooood times...

And, btw, I passed all of my classes, including the ones I ditched more frequently. All A's and B's. Feels good man

go to a better school, the ones you go to aren't actually challenging you and you'll likely embrace this apathetic attitude in other areas of your life. Believe me, I'm dealing with it now.
iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 11:03am | Report
theBMB wrote:

go to a better school, the ones you go to aren't actually challenging you and you'll likely embrace this apathetic attitude in other areas of your life. Believe me, I'm dealing with it now.

Nah, my high school was academically (As well as athletically, actually) one of the top in the area that I lived. Only rivaled by some schools from a MUCH bigger city, located downstate. Lots of kids would transfer to my school, mostly for athletic purposes, and almost all end up leaving within a semester because it's "Way too tough". PRETTY much, the only transfer students that stayed, were ones that transferred over for academic purposes, so they could take more difficult classes. Also, there were the foreign exchange students, that obviously stayed as well. Seeing as how my school was pretty small, and still getting as many foreign exchange students as we did, obviously implies that my school was top tier, in terms of academic expectancy.

So, like I said before, absence doesn't always mean getting bad grades, or failing in life. My first hour class was Advanced English, which is one I would sleep through on occasion, and still got an A, because I understood everything, and was just generally good at it. Anything I missed out on, I could read up on and figure out myself on my own time. My 4th hour was Art 3... Pretty ****ing self explanatory.
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 11:43am | Report
@davidcarl: How would I know that you are getting homeschooled when you don't say so in the first post o_o l0l. But yeah.

@iBradlee: I never said that absence necessarily means bad grades. I, for one, could probably go to exams right away and get a fair score from it, without attending any classes until exam. But by mixing abscence with a bad choice of friends and perhaps smoking(These are just the associasations I've seen), it can severely hurt your future plans - by getting bad grades.

I thank God that at the place now, you can get kicked out because of abscence, and I would have wished it was like that in the earlier stage of education I was at as well. Way too many people in my class "threw their life away" because they "didn't HAVE to be there".
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 1:06pm | Report
Kirluu wrote:

But by mixing abscence with a bad choice of friends and perhaps smoking(These are just the associasations I've seen), it can severely hurt your future plans - by getting bad grades.

Not saying this is what you meant, buuuttt, I hear this type of stuff quite a bit. Especially so, during high school. So, just a disclaimer, not directing this entirely towards you, but more so just a general statement.

It annoys me to no end, when people blame outside influences/decisions for their own mistakes. For example, there's the ever-popular "Pot makes you lazy/fat/procrastinate/or generally not care about important things in life". Now, I've never once witnessed, nor heard of, an incident in which Marijuana put a gun to some kids head, and forced him to drop out of school, not do homework, or become a lazy ******* who eats himself into obesity. It's YOU who make these decisions, and it's completely ridiculous to blame something/someone else for your mistakes/failure. This doesn't exclusively apply to pot, or drugs in general, though. It applies to most everything; the whole "Hanging out with the wrong groups of friends" thing, for example.
I knew a guy from high school, who was a couple grades ahead of me, that hung out almost exclusively with the stereotypical stoner crowd. They (his friends) could give a **** less about school and/or schoolwork, they just liked partying. HE, however, was an honor roll student, a tutor, and later went on to graduate from college with some sort of degree in Music Management (or something..). He also partook in smoking pot a LOT with friends, during AND after high school, and also did just as much partying as they did. The difference was, he CHOSE to put effort towards school, and his life in general. He hung out with the laziest people I know, yet was an incredibly motivated guy, himself.

That is all.

/rant
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide