Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Your "place" or w/e in school ? ;o

Creator: Kirluu August 28, 2011 9:07pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 11:07pm | Report
On the topic of absence, I wish university in Australia forced students to go to lectures and tutorials, or at least gave incentives to attend. Why would I go to a lecture at 8am when I can sleep in and just read the notes in the afternoon outside in the sun?

And yet...

I suffer in grades because I don't fully grasp one concept or another.

Sucks hard.

I'm one of those people who leaves assignments to the last day, get a good grade, but if I had been working on it for the month allocated... I would have received a distinction.

Same with studying for exams.

I could be studying right now, for algebra and calculus because English is my snooze area, and math is where I really suck...

But here I am, commented on the forums, tweaking my Vayne guide, not studying. God, I'm stupid.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by owentheawesomer ♡
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 11:10pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

But here I am, commented on the forums, tweaking my Vayne guide, not studying. God, I'm stupid.

Einstein was pretty bad at school. Got terrible grades, couldn't focus, failed basic math. Just sayin'.

@OP:
Gamer
Sci-fi geek
Fairly quiet
Academic

That's pretty much me in a nutshell. I can be talkative, but usually just online or when I'm hanging with my small group of close friends.

EDIT: Nice sig btw jhoi. Looks sweet.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2011 11:42pm | Report
lol, the comparison of me to Einstein is flattering but unrealistic haah :P

Also, which sig? ;)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 12:06am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

lol, the comparison of me to Einstein is flattering but unrealistic haah :P

Also, which sig? ;)

Well, I meant it in a general sense, but you probably deserve it anyway.
I've always thought it kinda cool that one of the great minds in history was garbage at school. Makes it seem less stressful.

EDIT: I'm rephrasing that. The point was that school is a tool to learn, not a measure of worth. Your grades and evaluation should help you set goals for yourself, though it seems often that the system is more suited towards using school to rank new members of society. Grades aren't really that important in the end, ESPECIALLY if they're a result of procrastination. Not being perfect at school shouldn't stop you from making your mark on the world. The point wasn't just that Einstein was a genius, he became who he was despite school, not because of it. This is nice to know for people who struggle with school, but I still find it helpful for those people like myself (and you, from what I can tell) who sometimes worry over an A-.

EDIT 2: How the **** did I write that much? I swear it was gonna be like 2 sentences when I started.

(This is why I hate rotating sigs) I meant your new one with the icons for each of your guides, including a pic of Trundle for your voting guide ;)
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 1:50am | Report
I was the guy who was cool with everyone, a bit of the class clown :D

Also people knew I was a serious Pot head... so I was like.. some weird dealer too

Oh.. plus most the female teachers hated me because I would attempt to flirt with them for the lulz, and danng it failed miserably lol
Brynollf
<Member>
Brynollf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 10:13am | Report
I'm the popular guy at school i hang with everyone because i do simply everything, i game, sport, go to church, party and so on. I'm also really quite but for some reason people seem to really like me and wanna be around me.
Thanks to Xiao for the awesome signature!
Please +Rep me if i helped you.
Nyoike
<Member>
Nyoike's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 11:41am | Report
Hmm... I'm known by all, but because of my brains (got a 30 out of 36 on ACT, would have 4.0 GPA if it weren't for gym class). I'm also known as a gamer (for obvious reasons), and sometimes a "hippy", mostly due to my long blonde hair, which is longer then most girls in my school...

TL;DR - I'm a brainiac, gamer "hippy".
To be updated soon!
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 12:39pm | Report
Well some at my school call me the space cowboy, or the gangsta of love....just kidding.

I'm a little bit of a jack of all trades. I fit in with about any group, but I am probaly known for my smarts. You got a question, you ask me, and I help you.

I have some humor, and can make people laugh. There isn't a reason not to be friends with me, unless you really don't like me or I hate you. Suprsingly I have managed to piss people off, but some of them I hate so its a mutal relationship.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 11:35pm | Report
The best advice you can ever give to a kid whose not already loaded with popularity is...

*drum roll*

"This. Time. Will. Pass."

A lot of high schools are just a place for people to do one of three things.

1. Make tons of friends, get popular, and have a good time
2. Pull back from anyone besides close friends and keep to yourself
3. Try to be popular, and put on a show, resulting in no one getting to know the real you.

This makes high school pretty lame for #2 and 3 people, so the best thing to do is remind them that it's only a smart part of their life time.

Most people fall into #2 or #3 and don't really understand who they are. It's not til post-secondary education or getting a job that you start getting a grasp of your own self.

Wukong says you can only know your true self in combat.
For humans, becoming a person who can stand on your own is a struggle in and of itself. Only once you've manned up and start experiencing stuff and learning who you are do you know your true self :)
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2011 11:38pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

Wukong says you can only know your true self in combat.
For humans, becoming a person who can stand on your own is a struggle in and of itself. Only once you've manned up and start experiencing stuff and learning who you are do you know your true self :)

That was so epic. Can I quote you for my grad quote? ^^
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide