Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Your "place" or w/e in school ? ;o

Creator: Kirluu August 28, 2011 9:07pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 10:54pm | Report
Alright, my turn. :D

Well, in Denmark we start at school at the age of 6 is 0th grade. From about 3rd grade to 7th I was the target for pickery, or what you might call it. That was mainly because of me being smart, and because I wasn't very tall (I'm still not tall, but more like medium). The fact that I was smaller than the others meant I couldn't fight back, and thus small scenarios came up now and then. After 7th grade I was looked upon as the nerd of the class. I liked to help others when they ask, but I wouldn't offer help if they didn't ask - For that reason, my friend who was at about the same level in school as me was considered the guy who would help you with things you didn't understand. I wasn't very good at speaking with others, so my explainations might after all not have been the best.
Anyways, I was either considered Emo, because I wasn't really best friends with anyone. The only friend I had was the guy on the same level as me, whom I would compete with at getting the highest grade(I usually got the higher grade), but yeah. I wasn't really with others in my free time, so I was only social by being in school.
So yeah. I was considered nerd, even though I don't give a **** about homework, and I was considered emo, because I couldn't be arsed to be social(I guess).

The period from 0-9th grade is what is called "Folkeskole", aka school for regular people, I guess you could say. Then, from there I chose to keep going forward with education, by starting a 3 year term "Longer Education Whateverness" that specializes in technical subjects. We have subjects like Technology, Technology History, Communication/IT, Innovation, etc.

Here, I'm kind of the middle guy or what you might call it. There's nobody I can't talk to, though of course I have people whom I'd rather talk to than others. I fx dislike talking to people that are not as strong as me in schoolwork, since if I get paired with someone who can't spell/read/whatever then I have to carry us to the 10/12(10 is second highest grade, and 12 is the highest you can get), and honestly, I don't enjoy doing all the work. o.o

Well, I guess that's that for my reply to my own little thread. D:

Kirluu~
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 7:17am | Report
Jeg vidste ikke du var fra Danmark Kirluu :D

OT:
Since I'm done with school, I'll use my time in High School (Gymnasium) as example.
Here I was considered popular, but not in the alpha way. I am simply nice to other people and I goof around alot, so people naturally like me, since I'm just being me and I'm not trying to undermine others and such (like some guys do to create a hierarchy or similar). Furthermore I'm always in a good mood. Can't remember the last time I was sad xD
I also talked to everyone in my class, from the hot girls to the geeky guys without changing behaviour, which is why I think I was accepted and I was popular. I like most people, since I find it exciting to get to know different types of people.
Furthermore I was a party maker, but without having to get really drunk. Neither was I trying to steal all the attention at parties, but I was good at getting people in "the mood".
Then in the end of my last year at the school, we had an award show of some sort and I won a price called "legend of the year", given to me because people liked me for being so nice to everybody and because I never tried to shut anyone out, only the opposite.. Dunno what else to say x)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 7:48am | Report
Not to inflate my own balloon or anything, but I was that girl that everyone loved to hate just because there was something about her that grated on your nerves, but at the same time, it'd be nice to sink to her level.

If that makes sense.

I wasn't popular with the ditzy plastic girls, I was friends with the lower ranked popular girls, was friends with the smart girls who were in my group.

The male populace outside my group of friends ignored me, but I'd hear creepy *** rumours of guys liking me, which was just weird.

You all seen the movie Juno? Where she says something like, "I'm the girl who the guys like, but would never admit it"? That was me. I was unpopular through my association with nerds. In Australia you exit high school with an OP (over all position). An OP of 1 was an astronaut, OP of 25 was the janitor.

My group consisted of below OP 10's. I scored OP 8. Warlemming got an OP 2. ie: we were the nerds.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 9:27am | Report
jhoi: Seems like quite some people on your school were superfluous ^^

either that or it's me misinterpreting what you wrote x)

Btw, I don't get why guys wouldn't admit if they liked you, unless they are afraid of rejection or they have some bad friends, who can't accept them liking someone with a different social status on the school.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 9:40am | Report
Unfortunately, high school is superfluous. People just don't grow up until BAM they are still living in their childhood bedroom, with the little glow stickers on the roof, and think:

Oh... I'm still living at home at the age of 20. Those nerds I totally bagged out in high school... they moved out, and moved to the city and went to uni. Maybe I should have paid more attention at school.

Boys didn't want to like me because I was in the wrong crowd. Social status is a defining factor of your life in high school, and I was friends with awesome people, but in the eyes of the popular people, we were undesirable.

We were the type of people that would eat near the library for lunch, have home-packed meals, never litter, read books, laugh too loudly and have too much fun being ourselves, while the other people in our year would be sitting near the cafeteria, sitting at the "Senior Tables" and listlessly staring off into space, trying to act cool.

Essentially:

Jerks > Nerds in highschool.

^^ But it's okay, because I look at those people still living with their parents, and s****** to myself ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 9:48am | Report
I didn't find highschool to be superfluous, fortunately. I had the best time of my life and I didn't feel that it was that split up in different social groups, but perhaps I've been lucky with my school. I've never really cared much about social status, if I like people I talk to them and hang out with them. Even though I was one of the popular guys at school. And I think that was the main reason why I got popular to begin with. I don't judge people before I get to know them..

I only thought that social status meant that much in American movies xD (jk)
I've never seen it as that big a problem among people I know..
But I'm glad you still enjoyed your high school years :)
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 9:56am | Report
Dotter wrote:

I didn't find highschool to be superfluous, fortunately. I had the best time of my life and I didn't feel that it was that split up in different social groups, but perhaps I've been lucky with my school. I've never really cared much about social status, if I like people I talk to them and hang out with them. Even though I was one of the popular guys at school. And I think that was the main reason why I got popular to begin with. I don't judge people before I get to know them..

I only thought that social status meant that much in American movies xD (jk)
I've never seen it as that big a problem among people I know..
But I'm glad you still enjoyed your high school years :)

This is basically how it is in my school. The most popular kids are the most likable ones. There is a clique that chooses not to associate with anyone else, but that's okay because they're all douchebags anyways.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 10:07am | Report
Lol I remember those days in school where there were clearly defined castes. This was more true in middle school than it was in high school for me. I was the nerdy multiracial kid in a protestant white middle school, so I was unfortunately just an outcast, but I went to an all boys high school so group segregation was mostly non existant. Yes there were definitely jocks and nerds and yes people hung out in their own groups of friends, but it never really mattered. Guys don't really care about social isolation based on group status. I was definitely a nerd, but I knew a lot of people and established somewhat of a reputation for myself by starting a club. It also helped that I didn't really care what people thought of me (I had gotten over that in middle school) so I would play TCG and **** and not give a ****.

Now I'm in college with 11,000 people and nobody knows anyone, the only "social groups" that exist are frat boys, air-headed sorority girls, and everyone else.
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 10:08am | Report
I start feeling lucky for going to the school that I did. I've never felt as accepted, even though I'm something inbetween a smart geek and an outgoing partying person :p
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 10:08am | Report
Lone-wolf, a bit more than a handful of enemies. Mostly just ******s who got their *** kicked by me for bullying my little brother when he was 6-7.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide