Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A way to fix LeBlanc(?)

Creator: TheKut March 26, 2015 1:18pm
1 2
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 1:18pm | Report
I think nobody can disagree that LeBlanc is crazy strong right now, and I was thinking; would it kill her if there was a slight delay before she could destortback? One of my main problems with her is her ability to safely engage, burst and then get back in a very quick succession. If there was maybe a 1,5 seconds delay before she could destort back to safety you could have some room to counterplay a little. But perhaps this would kill her, what do you think?
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 1:27pm | Report
1.5s is way too long imo. Anyway personally I like that part of her kit. She's supposed to be The Deceiver, tricking people with her clone and W jukes. If they nerf her it should just force her to land more of her combo to burst people. Maybe longer cooldown on W so she's less safe but like I said, I think that's the most interesting part of her kit.
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
Lady Amelyne
<Member>
Lady Amelyne's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 1:40pm | Report
She can't really do that if you manage to target her with hard cc. True, she's very strong (which is obviously evident from her popularity) but by no means impossible to deal with.
Credits go to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 1:42pm | Report
lb is alright atm, her only problem is that she can 100-0 you in less that a second even if you're remotely out of position. Position well and she's kinda ****ed, especially if your support has good timing on their exhaust
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2015 2:26am | Report
It's easy to predict her movement since W is basically a fast jump forward and can easily be countered with good timing if you have some hard CC on the team. Janna, Thresh, Blitzcrank etc. are really effective to shut her down when she use W.

She snowballs but her late game is kinda bad compared to other APC.
MrMad2000
<Member>
MrMad2000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2015 9:59am | Report
I like to think of LeBlanc as I think of Blitzcrank or Veigar before their changes.

Both champions had an ability which made them gimicky which made them rewarding to master. Veigar had an instant Area of Effect stun which lasted longer than Morgana's Dark Binding and Blitzcrank's Overdrive allowed him to chase, kite and roam super efficiently without any consequences. They took those two things away from those two champions and now they are seen as almost non-existently effective. The only two things that are keeping those champions alive is the Blitz Rocket Grab being a unique ability and Veigar's ability to farm infinite ability power and that his Baleful Strike can now stack twice in one cast.

Removing LeBlanc's W return pad, or giving it a delay removes this "gimicky" feature which makes her effective. She's meant to INSTANTLY blow someone up if you're out of position and then be a lot less useful for the next 10+~ seconds. She has one crowd control ability which is a skillshot that slows and situationally snares ( Ethereal Chains). She only offers damage. She succeeds because has this gimick feature. Without it she would become pretty much the most useless Assassin because she wouldn't have a reliable escape and no one would be able to take advantage of her kit.

She can also be super easily shut down. Skillshots can be aimed at where she'll land with Distortion like a Soraka E.

ALSO

A champ with no counterplay is Vladimir. Make a topic about that guy... 0 Mobility but 5x the damage of LeBlanc :P
I am currently known as Sejwoonapiggle on EUW.
Add me for any queries or questions you have for me!
Check out my stream! I could use the support.
Click here to view my stream!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2015 11:10am | Report
MrMad2000 wrote:

A champ with no counterplay is Vladimir. Make a topic about that guy... 0 Mobility but 5x the damage of LeBlanc :P

So Darius has no counterplay?
ThePreserver
<Member>
ThePreserver's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2015 2:38pm | Report
Well, honestly LeBlanc can be taken down easily by two types of champions: High-CC champions and other high burst champions. Diana Can hit both clone and original in one shot if you're skilled, and use it for a free dash to keep up, while using the second dash to catch up and mow down.

Blitzcrank is a nice little counter for her, just pull her into turret or team and knock her up, the few seconds that she's stunned is more than enough to delete her squishy self.

Hecarim's ultimate can hit both doppelgangers i believe.

Any other champ that can CC as soon as she engages ( Annie, oh god Annie) is effective in countering her.

Vladimir has never been a big deal for me, he just needs a champ that can keep up with him and return damage (like Diana or Katarina or even Fiora), and Darius is a brute but catching him after he misses his pull can be effective enough. In fact, you'd just need to make his exchanges not worthwile, i.e. do more damage to him during pulls than he does to you. I'm not sure which champs do this specifically since I don't top often, but it's doable. Also, Darius, Pantheon, Rumble and Tryndamere would like to have a word with Vladimir.

What about Jax or Tryndamere? I feel like they're more broken than LeBlanc, hell, even though I use Katarina a lot I can admit she's super broken.
oreosauce
<Member>
oreosauce's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2015 9:12pm | Report
The return part of her W can be easily interrupted. Also, it's usually easy to predict when she's going to W. Being a Leblanc main, I'm constantly shocked nobody ever tries to aim their skillshot abilities toward my return pad , because that would be a lot more likely to hit, especially in the laning phase when you almost always return to your pad.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2015 4:04am | Report
LeBlanc is so squishy that if 1,5s were required to distort back, she'd be dead. Any kind of hard CC beats her down pretty badly... just think about Annie like some mentioned. Her stun + burst shuts down LeBlanc, she's just a doll in Annie's hands.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide