Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

ADCs in mid.

Creator: Deadlydave June 11, 2013 5:00pm
1 2 3 4
Deadlydave
<Member>
Deadlydave's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 5:00pm | Report
I've been seeing this quite a lot lately. It is like the Season 1 meta. I was wondering if anyone had any thought or reason why people have been doing this.
If I helped, I would appreciate the +rep
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 6:51pm | Report
Haven't seen it much, but I guess the logic is that burst mages are losing popularity, which in turn makes it easier to adc mid. It's still eh since mages generally benefit the most from levels.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 7:09pm | Report
ADC mid has always been a thing, especially the ADs with good lane presence like Graves/Varus/Caitlyn.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Psychofrench
<Member>
Psychofrench's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 7:13pm | Report
I remember buying MF a long time ago because I wanted a mid champion. If they do start going back mid, you might see some of those AP mages move top or, why not, bot with some type of support with heavy CC. I don't know, I'm all for experiment.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 12:41am | Report
I feel like sending an ADC to a solo lane is really risky. They're all so squishy since you (presumably) just build DPS on them. With the right AP carry and a few levels, they can get instantly killed. With a jungler gank they melt. Certain ADCs can do well in top lane, but that's usually because they can kite melees without strong gap closers.

If you were to send an ADC mid, I wouldn't use MF or Varus or anyone without an escape. Ezreal can definitely pull it off. Corki can do it too. Caitlyn is pretty safe since the lane is short enough that traps and net make her hard to gank.

I just don't see why you'd want an ADC mid. If you still have an ADC bot with a support then your late game team can get blown up by a lot of team comps. If you send an AP bot or something, you might as well have the support lane mid and just make it a lane swap. AP champions kinda suck in duo lanes because they get underleveled leaving their spells rather lacking.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 2:43pm | Report
Well Psi, I like to play MF mid and usually take mobility Summoners like Flash or Ghost. Now I do agree that her lack of mobility and ability to get nuked is high, against most mages and their low armor, if you can land the Double Up bounce to them, they take insane damage. And with just a few well placed ones, you are able to pick up kills quiet easily.

Now the mages I see that give me grief are those like Malz and Diana. Those two stick out well in my mind. Lux is a big one too... The thing about Ranged ADs mid, is that those mages that have great poke, insane farming power, or high mobility usually play aggressively.

Getting some early MR can help against most mages also. When I MF mid, most mages leave lane and come back with sustain items like pots. Not very often do they return with AP items. That means less damage on spells, so even if they do manage to get some levels, they arent as much of a pain as one might think. Plus building the hex items are fun since they give damage and MR. The bubble helps too.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 2:56pm | Report
And then you get ganked by the jungler and die, the end.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 5:19pm | Report
Again, Mobility Summoners. And of course wards since gankability is so very high. Its not hard to counter potential ganks Psi.

Oh, and if you want to say that flash might not be enough... Cleanse can be very helpful.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2013 1:34am | Report
Cleanse? Bye-bye kill potential then.

Flash is only enough for 1 gank every 5 minutes.
IShouldGetALife
<Member>
IShouldGetALife's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2013 1:50am | Report
I like to play Quinn mid its hilarious when the opponent makes excuses for dieing.
If I have helped in anyway at all a +rep will be appreciated lots
Thanks to LaCorpse, Hogopogo and JhoiJhoi for the amazing sigs
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide