Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best rune choices for maximizing physical dmg.

Creator: Searz October 26, 2010 5:49am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2010 11:45am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Dont like reading (much)? Dont use a forum.

I want to keep it short where I can >.>
Quoted:
Gangplank - ctit chance - early

Oh, I thought we agreed on that ArP was better than CrC.
Gangplank just like everybody else gains more average damage with ArP runes, early on too. How is it not better?
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2010 10:16am | Report
Keep it short:
The less youre hits are the more a crit becomes efficient early to mid game.

just for example:

100 dmg
Enemy dmg reduce: ~20%
Ignoring his complete armor: 300 dmg in 3 hits
Without ignore and doing 1 critical: 320 dmg in 3 hits

That doesnt seem to be much, but its just a rough calculation.

Dunno how much ArP you can get at the beginning, how much base dmg etc
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2010 10:25am | Report
Dacurse, for that to be relevant you have to crit at every single hit. ArP you don't.
Oberron
<Member>
Oberron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2010 11:42am | Report
And also, ArPen is applied to crit damage. if the opponent has, say, 8-33 armor (Doran Shield, Cloth Armor, Aegis of Legion, Tabi, Razor, HoGold), which is what you can start a game with at lvl 1 through runes, you do True damage to them and laugh at armor. You get a longsword for +10 dmg, starting off doing roughly 30-50 dmg depending on char. 3 attacks, 90-150 dmg.

Crit chance you have, what, 20.25% crit at lvl 1 if you go FULL crit% runes. So, that means you can't even guarentee a crit on 3 hits. Hell, you can't guarentee a crit in 10 hits. Also, they have armor and we'll say it's a 10% reduction. 3 hits is 27-45 dmg each, 81-135.

4th hit crits, ArPen says 60-100 dmg; Crit% says 54-90.

Yes, you will crit more often going with Crit% and will SOMETIMES get the better end of the deal, but the point is that it's unreliable and that you can build items for crit%, while ArPen is expensive. You get the most bang for your gold by building Crit, and speccing for ArPen.

Edit: Even after all this, I forgot that I left in the Longsword in the crit build instead of speccing crit% like you want to. Crit goes to 30% because of crit glove, damage drops by 10. Making your 3 hits 18-36, total of 54-108, with a 30.25% chance to do 36-72 dmg in a single shot. Grand total of 90-180 in 4 hits, which would be best case scenario with one crit. ArPen was what? 150-250 in 4 hits? even without a crit it was 120-200. Do you see where we're coming from?

If we start talking about, "but {character}'s {pimpsmack} skill does {blah-blah} to give extra crit chance!" Well, that may be so, and if we're talking about trynd, feel free to spec crit% if you are good with him, but not if you suck at him. At this point the argument is about skills and I can whip out just 3x more chars that benefit from ArPen+AD than you can for +Crit%. There are less than 5 characters that TRUELY benefit from Crit% more than ArPen.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2010 1:49pm | Report
Oberron wrote:

There are less than 5 characters that TRUELY benefit from Crit% more than ArPen.

Yea, not even that. I'd say it's 1 or 2. (mostly Ashe because of her Focus. Crit dmg for her though)
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2010 12:10pm | Report
Scrax wrote:

Dacurse, for that to be relevant you have to crit at every single hit. ArP you don't.

dont see that.

and to Oberron:
I already explained, that on the long go ArP would proof better, but in some situations (Gangplank for example) it would be better going on crit early to mid (you ever seen a Gangplank buy ArP early or even getting ArP runes?)
Due some circumstances related to Searz (...) he and i deleted our last posts.

And btw: yeah maybe someone bought armor early.... the tank or the jungler using Madred´s.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2010 3:18pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

I already explained, that on the long go ArP would proof better, but in some situations (Gangplank for example) it would be better going on crit early to mid (you ever seen a Gangplank buy ArP early or even getting ArP runes?)

I think you totally misunderstand... My calculations prove that ArP WILL deal more dmg all the time. So unless you find a fault in my calculations I've got facts backing me up..
Quoted:
And btw: yeah maybe someone bought armor early.... the tank or the jungler using Madred´s.

The amount of armor will not matter as long as it is below ~170. Above that CrC will deal more dmg, but not much and ArP will deal much more at lower armor values.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Oberron
<Member>
Oberron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2010 12:02pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

and to Oberron:

Yes... I have seen GP go ArPen. And if we're going to talk about 'in some situations,' then we are going to be here for a while. 'In some situations' GP should get all AP items. 'In some situations' it would be best to get warmog/FoN early. Jesus Christ, if we're going to theorycraft here, let's be specific. WHEN is it best to get crit% early vs. ArPen is the real question. If you can't answer that decisively, stop arguing it.
ArPen does sustained and burst damage much better under 170 armor than crit%. Crit% does better burst probability (meaning you're more likely to get a large hit) under 170 armor, but not better damage until after 170 armor. Can we bury this now?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2010 1:14pm | Report
Oberron wrote:

ArPen does sustained and burst damage much better under 170 armor than crit%. Crit% does better burst probability (meaning you're more likely to get a large hit) under 170 armor, but not better damage until after 170 armor. Can we bury this now?

Yes please.. It would be nice if we could bury this now..

@Darcurse
Unless you have some facts that I've overlooked in my calculations; ArP is better than crit. End of discussion.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2010 1:16pm | Report
I can't help myself from wondering.. Why isn't this stickied?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide