Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best rune choices for maximizing physical dmg.

Creator: Searz October 26, 2010 5:49am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
capi
<Member>
capi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2010 3:06pm | Report
I've been looking to the answer for this, but... with Shaco, the top rated build on this site has Crit Dmg runes, but they do take a Last Whisper(5th item), so would/should I make my runes ArP instead (quint and mark, any others?).

Thanks for the responses.
Freki
<Member>
Freki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2010 7:36am | Report
One of the conclusion of this thread is that if you go for "last whisperer", then you must not go for ArP.

So this Shaco's build should be twickable: go for ArP, and some AS and CrC item.

Just do the math about which is the most efficiency on a gold perspective.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2010 6:57am | Report
You'll want that extra early damage to get a good spree going. Crit damage is THE worst thing you can have early on. Sure, you can crit on command. But you won't deal more dmg on those crits and much less on normal attacks.. As seen in my calcs armor pen still bests crit dmg with high crit chance and a Last Whisper below ~90armor. Since you'll need the early damage I recommend not getting crit dmg.

I'd go for armor pen marks, mana-reg/lvl seals, CDR or MR glyphs and armor pen, AD or HP quints. AD will also make Two-Shiv Poison deal more dmg.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
th3m
<Member>
th3m's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2010 7:41am | Report
Searz, what about Shaco and WW that they jungle and they usually get Madred's. Isn't better to use magic penetration marks for example instead of the ArP?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2010 7:54am | Report
Another good question ^^
Since both of them benefit greatly from 21offensive masteries I'd get Archaic Knowledge for that 15%magic pen and skip flat magic pen altogether. You'll only waste potential by getting flat magic pen. Also worth mentioning is that most of their damage still is physical.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
HeAt
<Veteran>
HeAt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2010 11:38am | Report
At this point in time the best way to maximize damage is to take Armor pen Marks, crit dmg seals and glyphs, and ArP quints...
Everybody! Don't Forget To Check out Some of My Beatboxing @ www.youtube.com/heatbbx and give me that +rep if i helped you out :)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2010 2:40pm | Report
No, crit dmg is inferior to crit chance. AD beats them both at lvl1.

But that doesn't matter much.. AD, crit chance and crit dmg is really bad in glyphs and seals. I do not recommend using them.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
HeAt
<Veteran>
HeAt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2010 11:27am | Report
i dont mean at level 1, i mean after you grab some crit chance. and they arent bad at all. just telling you how to maximize dmg. ad/level isnt as good as crit %. 10% at lvl 18 with 400 attack is still 40 bonus damage. you wont get that with AD.
Everybody! Don't Forget To Check out Some of My Beatboxing @ www.youtube.com/heatbbx and give me that +rep if i helped you out :)
HeAt
<Veteran>
HeAt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2010 11:29am | Report
I have a question, i read through this thread. It seems like you just made this thread to prove people wrong, not to actually ask for help. You have a theory which you assume is best.. why ask other people when you wont be open minded.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2010 2:01pm | Report
AD only shines at low levels for champs that have use of crit.
I think that offensive seals and glyphs are really bad, but unless you wanna argue that they aren't I won't mention it again.

I did certainly not make this to prove others wrong. I wrote this to help people realize what runes are the best ones for them.

Since the calculations have been done already there's no need to make any new. If someone can prove me wrong I'll gladly change the calculations.
Why? Because EVERYONE will benefit from it. Even me.

Edit: To clarify; I made this to show what is best, not to ask it. But as I said above: If someone can prove me wrong I'll gladly change the calculations.
I am being openminded, but I'm not asking anybody anything.
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide