Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Brutilizer - Why are AD Carries rushing this?

Creator: Warlemming January 8, 2013 2:44am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Warlemming
<Member>
Warlemming's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 11:18pm | Report
Khazem wrote:

why is this even a discussion lol
they're 2 different items rushed in different situations, we really don't need any math

The discussion was because they are not run in 2 different situations. Both items are picked purely to increase your damage output. The only different situation is if you're getting fast BC for shred reasons, and not for your own damage. If it's for just how much damage your AD Carry can do, then this discussion is relevant

Anyway, we can put this to rest now. I talked to GrandmasterD, we sorted out the problem, just end it.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 11:27pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

But he wasn't wrong. Nick's graph and values were wrong all along.

And yet his math was wrong, Michael found the coding error within Nick's math and fixed it. So what are you saying is "pretty obvious", seeing as Warlemming was actually right all along?

In my rush I made a silly mistake regarding the Draven specific values, **** happens but we should all understand that this is a purely mathematical thing and has little to do with gameplay mechanics.

People should understand that the maths done by warlemming raised an interesting question which was then answered by people such as Astrolia who mains AD carries. It'd be nice for them if you respect their answer and knowledge on the game instead of pointing to numbers again because that's just a slap in the face for them and it only shows disrespect towards their skill, level and amount of time they put into the game.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 11:29pm | Report
Warlemming wrote:

The discussion was because they are not run in 2 different situations. Both items are picked purely to increase your damage output. The only different situation is if you're getting fast BC for shred reasons, and not for your own damage. If it's for just how much damage your AD Carry can do, then this discussion is relevant

Anyway, we can put this to rest now. I talked to GrandmasterD, we sorted out the problem, just end it.

Pretty much this. We both had different answers to the same problem which means one of us was wrong. We sorted that out for the sake of knowledge, it had little to do with the whole concept of the game itself.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 11:35pm | Report
Khazem wrote:

why is this even a discussion lol
they're 2 different items rushed in different situations, we really don't need any math

Personally, I'm confused here, as I have never rushed Brutaliser. Are you suggesting getting Long Sword, saving up the money, and then returning to lane solely with a Brutaliser? Or are there other items one should buy?

The difference in gold between a Brutaliser and a BF Sword is merely 200.

If both ADCs started with Long Sword (which is oft the case now) and one rushed Brutaliser and the other rushed a BF Sword/Bloodthirster path and BOTH recalled at the same amount of gold 1000g):

ADC1: + > + 63g
ADC2: + > + 600g to spend on whatever they like, +

In this situation, who has the upper hand? The reason I ask is, now that we know that math favours an early BF Sword over Brutalizer, even on an ADC like Draven who can benefit from the CDR.

Also Nick, lol, why say, "resulted in different answers, where one of us was wrong" and not "where I was wrong"?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 11:41pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Personally, I'm confused here, as I have never rushed Brutaliser. Are you suggestion getting Long Sword, saving up the money, and then returning to lane solely with a Brutaliser? Or are there other items one should buy?

The difference in gold between a Brutaliser and a BF Sword is merely 200.

If both ADCs started with Long Sword (which is oft the case now) and one rushed Brutaliser and the other rushed a BF Sword path and BOTH recalled at the same amount of gold 1000g):

ADC1: + > brutaliser + 63g
ADC2: + > + 600g to spend on whatever they like, + ]

In this situation, who has the upper hand?

Well this is a situation in which brutalizer definitely has the upper hand and it could be used to pressure further. There's also the situation in which one buys BF and the other buys Brutalizer + Vamp - also resulting in an advantage for brutalizer.

This item path simply grants you an advantage during a certain time which could easily be exploited. Be aware that your carry should be able to put the brutalizer to use ( Draven can do it, Ashe probably can't).

Another very nice side-effect is that upgrading it for 1663 (unsure on the exact price) causes you to instantly counter high-armour targets as opposed to the much more expensive Last Whisper which grants lower AD and no health but a slightly higher percentage.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 11:46pm | Report
Doesn't the added mobility, life steal and healing/mana regen do well enough to counter/balance the extra damage and armour pen?

Also:

ADC1: + > 937g has to be saved up
ADC2: + > 1150g 1550g has to be saved up

213g difference = 8 creeps (10 tops). You can assume the first ADC recalled earlier to rush his Brutalizer, and the second ADC stayed behind and safely farmed maybe at most two waves/grabbed Wolves.

What now? They both return to lane with their rushed items, who wins?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 11:47pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
ADC1: + > 937g has to be saved up
ADC2: + > 1150g has to be saved up

...since when does Long Sword build into B. F. Sword?
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 11:49pm | Report

There's also the situation in which one buys BF and the other buys Brutalizer + Vamp - also resulting in an advantage for brutalizer.

Aren't we assuming same gold on each ADC?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 11:51pm | Report
Astrolia: Whoooooops. You can see why I don't do the maths. That clearly should just be 1550 gold.

So with the proper count in =.=

1550 gold saved up = Long Sword + BF Sword
1550 gold saved up (or they return directly to buy Brutalizer early and don't buy anything with it) = Brutalizer + 623g

My bad.

♡ sig by Tauricus2017 ♡
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 11:54pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Astrolia: Whoooooops. You can see why I don't do the maths. That clearly should just be 1550 gold. Which throws out all the other calculations, to be sure.

So with the proper count in =.=

1550 gold = Long Sword + BF Sword
1550 gold = Brutaliser + 213g

My bad.

ehm how is long sword + BF 1550 gold?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide