Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Build to make Diana OP after the nerf

Creator: bestaan December 15, 2012 5:02pm
1 2
bestaan
<Member>
bestaan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2012 5:02pm | Report
So I was experimenting with new builds with diana after her nerf. Nothing was seeming to make her anywhere near the viability she once was. I thought about how much potential AoE damage her passive does. So I tried out a nashors tooth with the extra AS and it boosted my DPS so much. Then since her R range was zapped I thought about an item that would help with that. Two ones came to mind. IE helps with the AD,AS,AP, and run speed I need to catch the enemy + has the slow from the phage. Also Rylais has great HP and AP boost with also a slow. That lets you close that gap a lot better with your R after you throw out your Q. I also got the +15 upgrade on the boots, iceburn ( for the AP, defense, and extra mana because despite what people say spamming your spells over and over with Diana burns a lot of mana fast), and a licj bane for even more Run speed with high AP, and great passive. I've been doing insane DPS with this build. My third melee strike was putting out 400+ aoe damage every 2 or 3 seconds...Tell me what you guys think of this new build for Diana..
bestaan
<Member>
bestaan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2012 5:04pm | Report
Btw, I'm sure there are some better builds out there that you could tweek off my idea but it was working really well for me.
CantaGallo
<Member>
CantaGallo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2012 5:24pm | Report
with ie what do u mean?
ad as ap...run speed, you are probably talking about the Trinity Force ....
no i would not build a Trinity Force on diana, it just cut your damage off and cost too much (4200 GOLD OMG with 3200 u get Rabadon's Deathcap think on it). Plus if u get the Trinity Force, the sheen builded on Iceborn Gauntlet is useless...I think that early gauntlet on jungle diana is a good idea. But do not stack Sheen it's waste of gold. SPELLBLADE is an unique passive and it won't stack.
On Diana u should build the gauntlet(jungle) OR the lich bane(midlane).
Thanks to Lacorpse for sig
check out my crazy guide
hybrid taric solo top

Put a gem in to their face and hit them hard

bestaan
<Member>
bestaan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2012 5:28pm | Report
I did mean TF. I noticed though I was getting a quick damage output with faster AS vs a little more AP. Also you want me to be able to catch people who run after your throw up your Q so your R can reach them..Just try it. Her passive does a **** ton of damage if you build like I said. You can get other defense items but try like Nashors, Rylias, and Lichbane.
CantaGallo
<Member>
CantaGallo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2012 6:33pm | Report
ok i'm kinda open minded...sheen is very good on diana, trinity force ... meh... i would not build that, it's not cost efficient on diana , zeal is just useless (crit + as?) , if you want to slow the enemies grab gauntlet (jungling), crystal scepter (mid).
My idea...maybe i will test tf maybe not
Thanks to Lacorpse for sig
check out my crazy guide
hybrid taric solo top

Put a gem in to their face and hit them hard

bestaan
<Member>
bestaan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2012 7:14pm | Report
Try the nashors tooth too..Just trust me <3
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2012 9:55pm | Report
This sounds like a Hybrid diana... Nashors and tri-force. I really can't make up my mind about how i feel about this. After her nerfs people need to find SOME way to make her viable again. Why not try everything?
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2012 10:06pm | Report
What's wrong with Deathfire Grasp + Rabadon's Deathcap + Abyssal Mask again? Like, I'm pretty sure she still does mega damage that way. Add in Lich Bane + Zhonya's Hourglass and you are going pretty insane.

I dunno, she just seems focused around burst damage, not sitting around to proc Moonsilver Blade. At least in my opinion.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2012 11:17pm | Report
The nerf wasnt really needed tbh...she is still viable with the past builds youll just have less range for attacks, her passive still does a lot of damage same for all abilities
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
bestaan
<Member>
bestaan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2012 6:17am | Report
Yeah her passive does a lot of damage but if your AS is slow it won't have nearly the same DPS. Also if you shave off a little more AP for the AS and the run speed I've found it to be much more effective. I know it sounds crazy as **** but just try it once at least.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide