Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Feasible: Nasus going heavy AD?

Creator: kmododragonNM December 13, 2011 5:29pm
1 2 3
kmododragonNM
<Member>
kmododragonNM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 5:29pm | Report
Well, I was looking to play Nasus a little, since he used to be one of my mains. However, I decided that the playstyle I was using either wasn't taking full advantage of Nasus's abilities and passive, or I just wasn't seeing how they might synergize well with what I've been doing.

Taking into account that his passive grants him 20% lifesteal from level 11 up, and his E reduces armor for a maximum time of 6 seconds, maybe he could be played more heavily AD? I looked through some of his stats, and he has nice natural tankiness, which makes me think that he wouldn't need to build health and armor as much as I have been. It seems like something of a waste. So here's what I thought up:

1. Nasus's passive gives him a nice base lifesteal.
2. His Q requires farming, or else it is just about useless.
3. His Q adds damage to your hit, it doesn't replace the auto-attack damage.
4. Using E will lower armor on enemies.
5. Wither is a killer slow for 1v1's.
6. Items like The Bloodthirster also require farming.
7. Why not take advantage of these facts, and try building Nasus with heavy DPS?

Proposed build (subject to change based on input): Doran's Blade -> Mercury's Treads -> Bloodthirster -> Warmog's Armor -> Frozen Mallet -> Force of Nature -> Randuin's Omen

This is my first time formulating a build, so it might not be too great. But I wanted to see what people throught about the idea, so please leave suggestions for the build and/or opinions and advice on playing Nasus AD.

Edit: current build shown above is in an edited and finalized state, thanks for the comments and advice everyone!
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 5:33pm | Report
I don't see why you would ever do that though.
His main damage ability is spammable and not reliant on items at all.
You take advantage of that by avoiding damage items all together and building as tanky as possible so you don't instantly die, as you would with a build like that.
Also don't ever build berserker's greaves on Nasus, ever D:
kmododragonNM
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 6:12pm | Report
Heh.... this is what I like about League of Legends, sometimes things work even when nobody thinks they will. Don't be so negative! My friends and I love experimenting with different builds, and this was a really hot discussion topic for us. Who knows how it will turn up in game?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 6:20pm | Report
The thing about your build is, you will die. A lot.
With the only defensive item being warmogs armor, and it's way late game, you're gonna get bursted down soooooo fast.
Merc Treads 99% of the time.
Also, with 0% CDR, you're losing out on a ton of Q farm.

Also, you're only gonna win 1v1s. :P

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

kmododragonNM
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 6:27pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

The thing about your build is, you will die. A lot.
With the only defensive item being warmogs armor, and it's way late game, you're gonna get bursted down soooooo fast.
Merc Treads 99% of the time.
Also, with 0% CDR, you're losing out on a ton of Q farm.

Also, you're only gonna win 1v1s. :P

Sooo... you're saying more survivability? Maybe Ionian Boots as well? Thanks for the tips!
Fluffyknowsyou
<Member>
Fluffyknowsyou's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 6:39pm | Report
For a normal game, yes this would work after 200-300 cs with some feed. However the sheer cost of the build leaves this nasus struggling to finish his triforce before his team gg's the other or vice versa. This build also has nasus building like an ad- carry without any of the survivability or utility. Yes nasus has some great potential to do large amounts of damage with a bf-s***rd item,but it fails to shore up his weaknesses.

1. He has no blink, so targeting a glasscannon nasus would shut him down before he ever landed an auto attack on the enemy carries.

2. Kiteable: Get OVER HERE CAIT, STUPID AKALI, SHACO! is what nasus would be raging about if he went full ad. Without any of his traditional tankiness, he loses that niche role of being the guy who shoves his foot up your *** whether you like it or not.

Contrary to this, a nasus who focused on some ad with utility would not be a bad idea. I'm thinking

wriggles: Ad, lifesteal, and armor, and a free ward
boots(appropriate ones): Anything to make him survive longer
spirit visage: Magic resist, increased lifesteal, and cooldown reduction
brutalizer: Damage, armor pen, health,and cooldown reduction
sheen for his core: Make him hit hard without spending an extra ~2.7k gold for the triforce. Which only gives a 50% increase in that respect.

Then upgrading to the big and bad items like warmog, bloodthrister, triforce if the game is dragged out.
kmododragonNM
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 6:44pm | Report
Great ideas. We can also throw in a Nashor's tooth, for the utility and nice CDR. That eliminates the need for Ionian boots, so we can put Merc's or Tabi in their place.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 6:44pm | Report
In general, you'll probably get more DPS out over your life span if you go heavy tank, because you can still do lots of damage (Q farm) and you'll live for the entire fight. Instead of dying instantly.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
kmododragonNM
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 7:02pm | Report
Right, we are working on adding more tankiness to the build. However, it does aim at taking advantage of his natural lifesteal and armor-reduction abilities. Items like Bloodthirster are great because you can multitask and farm both his Q as well as said item.

This is why we don't need an item like The Brutalizer, since we already have armor-reduction (Spirit fire) and CDR from Nashor's. So we can replace it with The bloodthirster, get our standard boots, and still have space for Warmog's and Randuin's (or Banshee's).
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 7:05pm | Report
Replace Phantom Dancer with Force of Nature and you have my approval. You'll still get a nice MS boost, but that MR and hp5 is invaluable as well.

Trinity Force is really all you'll ever need for damage. I don't mind Bloodthirster in the build because you can get ridiculous in-fight sustain just by throwing out a few Siphoning Strikes. The bonus physical damage from Q scales with lifesteal.

EDIT: You could also replace Bloodthirster with Zeke's Harbinger if you're looking for more supportiveness and some armor reduction.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide