Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Finishing a Jax Build

Creator: tehAsian May 31, 2012 8:23pm
1 2
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 8:23pm | Report
I've started playing a lot of Jax recently, but there's always one thing that bugged me at late-end game.

What do I build next? :S

So far, my build looked something like

Ninja Tabi/ Mercury's Treads
Trinity Force
Hextech Gunblade
Guardian Angel
Maw of Malmortius

Then I get confuzzled and don't know what to build next.

It's a super expensive build, but you're pretty much set after GA, or the game ended already.

But for those 60-70 minute games, any suggestions?
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 8:53pm | Report
Situational damage is best. Do you need MR? Buy AP. Need Armor? Buy AD.

Rabadon's Deathcap Infinity Edge
+Rep me if i'm useful!
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2012 10:20pm | Report
Or Bloodthirster...

Extra attack speed from Wit's End usually works really well.

I once got Warmog's Armor immediately after Trinity and Hextech. That was funny.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 1:43am | Report
Pros actually build Trinity Force and then immediatly tanky. Means items like Warmog's Armor + Atma's Impaler, Guardian Angel, etc. Because of his ultimate, atmog's is a must.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 10:36am | Report
I like Abyssal Mask if you're against a bunch of AP's. You already have a lot of defense though and while his ult is on he'll have super defense so an Infinity Edge might be good.
Deluth
<Member>
Deluth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 10:56am | Report
I would just build Warmog's Armor because you seem to have resistances covered and Jax's ult gives resistances anyway. However, you don't have much bonus health, and at a certain amount of resistances it becomes more rewarding to build health. I don't recommend Atma's since Jax doesn't need many damage items to do a lot of damage. His base damages are high enough, and often you will only need Trinity Force and Hextech Gunblade to do godlike damage. Atma's is cost efficient but its total stats are pretty lacking for late game.
Adovid
<Member>
Adovid's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 8:05am | Report
MORE CRIT. Jax is all about balancing crit chance, sheen/trinity procs with damage and ap. That is how he drops health like no other, it's not just his magic damage or his attack damage, it's his short cooldowns that constantly proc sheen while critting and the passive on his ult going off every 3 attacks.

He doesn't life steal very well when he isn't critting and his spike damage is only 2/3 as effective without crits as well. It's why even getting a Atma's Impaler before Warmog's Armor isn't a bad idea imo so long as you get it AFTER Trinity Force. Also if you get an Executioner's Calling because your too poor to get a Hextech Gunblade that's not bad either because the crits add to jax's damage, they don't represent all of his damage like ashe or trynd but they add that little edge that makes jax hard to deal with 1 on 1.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 10:30am | Report
Different builds that work for me (in order of preference):

Hybrid DPS: Trinity Force/ Hextech Gunblade
Average AD: Phantom Dancer/ Infinity Edge (+ Bloodthirster)
Off-Tank DPS: Warmog's Armor/ Atma's Impaler
AP DPS: Lich Bane/ Rylai's Crystal Scepter (+ Deathcap)
Tanky DPS: Frozen Mallet/ Wit's End
Roflstomping: Mejai's Soulstealer/ Sword of the Occult
Penetration: Last Whisper/ Void Staff
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Mazuran
<Member>
Mazuran's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 12:33pm | Report
I usually go Tri Force > Warmogs > Atmas > GA > Wit's End or Force of Nature.

I don't particularly rate Gunblade, I think it's too expensive for what it really does on Jax. It ups his spike damage I guess, but I'd rather build tankier and do more DPS. Personal Taste I guess :P Maybe I'd try it if I was facerolling, but at the moment that's unlikely with me lol.

Never tried Maw on Jax, it should work ok but tbh a Wit's End is probably better if you're pushing or knocking turrets down. I think Wit's is cheaper as well, which is always nice :)

Might be worth trying Rageblade as your 6th item; it lets you take down towers wicked fast and goes very well with Jax's passive. If you're trying a split push or knock turrets down after an ace, then Rageblade and Wit's End together work nicely.
Forgottenduty
<Member>
Forgottenduty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 1:14pm | Report
I've never seen a Jax with IE tbh...
-Come back with your shield,or on it-
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide