Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Fiora's Builds

Creator: MajorLoL March 4, 2012 3:11pm
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 3:09am | Report
thank you rcix. as fiora is a glass cannonish melee fighter, having a higher damage output (plus the lifesteal) makes the second option more favorable. (plus its cheaper.)
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 3:28am | Report
Woops, my autoattack numbers were based on level 11 AD amounts, not level 13. The point still stands though, just that the trinity force numbers should be about 80 higher and the alternate ones about 70.
Nasus says hi
iownedya
<Member>
iownedya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 4:03pm | Report
WOAH! Isn't that my Fiora build? T.T I think so.... Anyway, it's amazingly awesome.
Thanks to Xiron and ProAsylum (Ignition) for the amazing signatures!
If I helped out with constructive criticsm, I would appreciate a +rep

Check out my review shop here!
iownedya
<Member>
iownedya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 4:23pm | Report
RCIX wrote:

Here's the mathcraft!

Ok, so let's take a sample situation of Fiora attacking 12 times (through Burst of Speed), using both Lunge casts, and getting damage reflection of Riposte on the target.

We're comparing Trinity force to IMO a viable alternate item set: Bloodthirster and the components of a Phage. Costing slightly less (at 3890, trinity is 4070), you get:
75-115 damage (depending on stacks); we'll assume 95 damage for the purposes of this mathcraft
15-25% lifesteal (depending on stacks); again, we'll assume 20% lifesteal for the purposes of this mathcraft
180 health

The relevant stats you get from a trinity:
30 AP
30 AD
15% critical strike chance
250 health
the phage/sheen procs

It's reasonable to say you get 2 trinity force procs over such a period of time. Assuming fiora is level 13, with level 5 Riposte, Level 5 Burst of Speed, and level 1 Lunge, the numbers for the trinity force are:
260(+30) + 12 autos (124.7 damage per AA) * 1.15 for critical strike + 80 (+36), + 2 trinity force procs of 142.05 each = 2341.96 total
[the *1.15 is a shortcut for calculating critical strike bonuses :P]

Compared to the specced alternate option:
260(+0) + 12 autos (184.7 total damage) + 80(+114) = 2670.4 total damage

So in a bare-bones, just trinity versus the for-gold cost of some other items, the trinity loses slightly for damage output. Moreover, trinity scales horribly compared to, say, a Bloodthirster (given you're a melee AD carry, 100 extra AD lategame is tons more valuable since A: it can crit, and B: your AS is way, waaaay over 0.5 to get more effectiveness out of it than the procs). It also doesn't offer the guaranteed stickiness or heavy toughness of a Frozen Mallet or the scaling with crit of a Phantom Dancer. Finally, it doen't offer lifesteal.

I'm not gonna mathcraft the sheer number of possibilities you could replace a trinity force with (bt+phantom dancer come to mind, for one, could also do a bunch involving frozen mallet), but this is a fairly strong example for why you wouldn't want a Trinity.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to get back to my book guide for Fiora. They don't write themselves you know!

Hmph, you are forgetting the nice halth and armor boost from those items... You will be able to do more damage if you survive longer. Plus, I recommend using one lunge to engage, then using the other lunge just as it ends to use a second part of the Trinity Force. Her ult will use that for massive damage. Riposte gives more damage for a passive. That damage will make Trinity Force stronger. I created that exact same guide, I know...
Thanks to Xiron and ProAsylum (Ignition) for the amazing signatures!
If I helped out with constructive criticsm, I would appreciate a +rep

Check out my review shop here!
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 9:34pm | Report
Compared to a BT, which can get you something like 500 extra damage from autoattacks in the same space of time, gives you lifesteal, and it also scales off Q and R? I could do a second round of mathcraft involving a full build with/without trinity, but Id really rather not =/

A simplified version is this:
* Trinity force gives you ~170 damage procs every 2 seconds. These procs cannot crit and count as an on-hit effect instead of extra damage.
* A Bloodthirster gives you 100 extra damage per attack (scaling with attack speed and crit), an extra 240 damage on single target R, and an extra 120 damage on double-cast lunge

Which would you pick, especially if you've already built some health?
My guides:
JMastiff
<Member>
JMastiff's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 7:40am | Report
Define her glass cannon and see her as often as master yi in competetive play. Why would you do that if you don't have any defensive treats? Where would you put her, solo top? She'd be countered easily by ranged or tankier tops.
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 7:51am | Report
Please stop putting Trinity Force on EVERY CHAMPION.
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 11:34am | Report

Please stop putting Trinity Force on EVERY CHAMPION.

seriously. its bad enough to see examples where it could work, than to see examples where it works so poorly.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 10:29pm | Report
JMastiff wrote:

Define her glass cannon and see her as often as master yi in competetive play. Why would you do that if you don't have any defensive treats? Where would you put her, solo top? She'd be countered easily by ranged or tankier tops.

Frozen mallet not defensive? Lolwut.

Anyway, yes, she's a situational pick. Her kit doesn't have the disruption, innate tankiness, or innate damage to be a bruiser; this means building tanky derps just results in a Fiora that's mostly ignored till she's all thats left to focus. Dem's da breaks!
Nasus says hi
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2012 8:49am | Report
MajorLoL wrote:

So is there any reason whatsoever everyone tries to build her glass cannon? I mean come on she's not Tryndamere or Master Yi. Almost every guide I see out right now suggests glass cannon, and doesn't suggest Trinity Force, which is almost a must-have in my opinion. The build I'm thinking about is this(Not in exact order):
Mercury's Treads
Warmog's Armor
Atma's Impaler
Trinity Force
Bloodthirster
Infinity Edge

With 4000 health, godly life steal and attack speed, and strong crit, why doesn't everybody just do that instead of being a squishy cannon made of glass

What happened to your MR? Or your armor for that matter? Your build is basically a glasscanon build with a ridiculous amount of health.

Frozen Mallet is so much better than Trinity Force unless you build CDR. Her abilities aren't really spammable without CDR, plus, Fiora kind of likes/needs to have that slow for chasing. Also, if you do the math, you get more AD from using Frozen Mallet over Warmog's.

20% Lifesteal that is lost on death is not "godly". If you were to replace Infinity Edge with Wriggle's Lantern then I might submit to "godly" lifesteal.

You build costs around 17.5 thousand gold. You will never be able to achieve this build, unless you are fed around 40 kills.

If you want tankier Fiora you use something like this:

Mercury's Treads
Wriggle's Lantern
Wit's End
Frozen Mallet
Atma's Impaler
Youmuu's Ghostblade

RCIX wrote:

Frozen mallet not defensive? Lolwut.

Anyway, yes, she's a situational pick. Her kit doesn't have the disruption, innate tankiness, or innate damage to be a bruiser; this means building tanky derps just results in a Fiora that's mostly ignored till she's all thats left to focus. Dem's da breaks!

So, building her tanky DPS doesn't let her be a bruiser? Sure, she is a little squishy, but she has build in health regen with Duelist, which stacks 4 times against champions. At level 18, that 100 health/6 seconds.

I would disagree, she is very often focused, because she still has great damage while being fairly durable. She has 35 bonus AD and 120% bonus AS, that wrecks any squishy, even without glasscannon items.

If I helped you, click that +rep!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide