Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

**** health/regen tanks

Creator: caucheka March 21, 2011 5:21am
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 6:48pm | Report
its fine. just wanted you to notice.

welcome to mobafire btw havnt seen you on the forums that much.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 6:49pm | Report
I just started posting on the forums today, a couple people told me I should be on here since I pull weird ideas out of my *** and turn them into builds that work.
Aliek
<Member>
Aliek's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 4:20am | Report
Hmm vs this kind of teams i would take AS kog'maw cuz when you got you're madred's you'll do 10% of the targets max health with each attack (-magic resist ofc)(with W activated) and you will reach an attack speed of 2.45 so they almost drop like carries to kog maw :P
The True Yemen
<Member>
The True Yemen's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 4:40pm | Report
maybe, but.... kog has no cc... how do you stop a dogpile that is coming to kill kog ? dogpile of several tanky tanks/dps...s... (?) dpsers
and correct me if im wrong.... but DFG deals MAGICAL damage,... and they already have FON ....
koolkruse
<Member>
koolkruse's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2011 2:25pm | Report
and even then, corki's true damage buff only picks up a lot once he has some realy ad. but yeah, imo, the madred's tick should be reduced to 2/3 percent, and made true, so you ACTUALLY see it. probably 3...
Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2011 5:09pm | Report
To be honest singed pisses me off the most out of all the tanky dps. He is number 1 in the hood of tanky dps fo sho. x.x

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2011 7:16pm | Report
Why has nobody mentioned adding in a Void Staff? Void Staff and a Deathfire Grasp
should get through them, with the masteries and MrPen runes you should have on a caster. Though, Madred's Bloodrazor would not be very effective on them for an AD carry, so you could go full-on ArPen I guess? Something like Black Cleaver and Last Whisper combo? Even with ~60 armor reduction from Black Cleaver, runes, and masteries you're still reducing ~68 armor from that Cho'gath, although I don't know about the other ones. It might be overkill for anything that isn't a complete tank, but it seems kind of necessary if they have huge amounts of armor.

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2011 7:19pm | Report
Black Cleaver + Last Whisper is inefficient. Get only Last Whisper or get Black Cleaver + other flat ArP items.

Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2011 7:29pm | Report
I'm just suggesting that Last Whisper still reduces a giant amount of armor due to the sheer amount of armor that the tanks start with. Cho'Gath has so much armor that Last Whisper reduces more than 3 times the armor that Youmuu's Ghostblade would, while still giving 10 more damage. It might not be as effective on the other champions though, and the active and the crit chance might still add a bit more damage. I'm just suggesting it could be viable, but I'm not going to do the complete math right now.

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2011 7:55pm | Report
The point B-Wong is trying to make is that getting Last Whisper on its own is fine but its cost effectiveness severely diminishes once you get other sources of armor penetration. Last Whisper as a solo armor penetration item allows you to use other items to get more damage or defense, while on the other hand you can stack flat armor penetration without much loss of efficiency.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide