Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

How to build Jax?

Creator: JBucketzEsq May 11, 2012 9:16am
1 2 3
JBucketzEsq
<Member>
JBucketzEsq's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 9:16am | Report
hey guys,

Ive been trying to learn jax as of late, and I'm just not sure how i should be building him. Guides and builds seem to be all over the place. I have mostly been starting w boots and 2 dorans, rushing gunblade, then trinity force, and trying to get atmog's (or other appropriate tanky items) if the game goes that far. Obviously this build is REALLY expensive.

So anyway, some builds rush gunblade and rageblade. Some seem to rush triforce, starting with phage. Some call for wriggle's. So I just wanted to post here for any jax players out there: What build have YOU had the most success with as jax solo top? Just interested to hear your opinions. Thanks!
Morr33d
<Member>
Morr33d's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 10:06am | Report
Gunblade rush is usually the best thing you can do (since it sustains you and brings helluva punch) but of course, you need to build according to the situation. Both Dyrus and Wickd usually rush Hextech Gunblade too.
Lemonlust
<Member>
Lemonlust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 1:34pm | Report
I get my boots of speed and 3 pots, then upgrade my boots and get either wriggles or rush sheen. Sheen is where most of your damage will come from. Then get Hextech Gunblade Then Guinsoo's Rageblade, Then upgrade to Trinity Force. And get a Maw of Malmortius. And a situational item
cupcoffee
<Member>
cupcoffee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 2:34pm | Report
Almost every game with jax, i outplay the lane by getting 2 or 3 kills at my opponent at top lane. by then i get my wriggles lantern as my first item with boots and im starting to roam abit.
with ur E , W and Q combo you can easily pick up kills because most of the time , mid and botlane are pretty squishy comparings to jax's damage. after wriggles i get sheen and then trinity. by then im almost unbeatable 1v2.

So my build would be:

Start: Cloth armor and 5 pots or Boots and 3 pots
-Wriggle's Lantern
-Sheen ( Or trinity )
-Trinity Force
-Hextech gunblade
-Guinsoo's Rageblade

This is what your core build should look like.

When u have these items u should build items depending on your enemies

Guardian's Angel is a great item for jax. Which will make you kind-off unfocusable if you stay in your team. ( Never go solo , eventho you're jax. There are some exceptions ofcourse )

And also get boots depending on your enemies ,

Boots like:

Ninja tabi
or
Mercury Threads are great items for jax.

Don't try Beserker greaves cause you're passive and guinsoo's will give you enough attackspeed.

One last tip:

Try to combine ur W and your ult passive if you're using you're W , Q Combo.

Hope this helped abit

~ Cup.

EDIT:

Sorry didn't read Lemonlust's comment.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 2:51pm | Report
build to counter your lane.

vs ap - boots 3 pot, 2 dorans, optional vamp, mercs
vs ad - cloth 5, wriggles (if you need it, otherwise do 2 dorans), ninja tabi (if you need it, otherwise do mercs)

then go gunblade, triforce/mallet, rageblade

everything else is pretty game dependent

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
AFKwithyoursister's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 10:00pm | Report

Fearless bush diving

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 1:45am | Report
If you don't rush Hextech Gunblade for your lane, you are meat. You need the sustain. It is your replace for Wriggle's Lantern.
He is gonna kill you!!!
CellOne
<Member>
CellOne's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 3:40am | Report
Morr33d wrote:

Gunblade rush is usually the best thing you can do (since it sustains you and brings helluva punch) but of course, you need to build according to the situation. Both Dyrus and Wickd usually rush Hextech Gunblade too.

It's not. And they do not "usually" rush Hextech.

Quoted:
If you don't rush Hextech Gunblade for your lane, you are meat. You need the sustain. It is your replace for Wriggle's Lantern.

It's the other around :p

I prefer

Boots
Wriggles, 0-2 Dorans
Mercurys/Ninja (though if you want Ninja, grab them earlier)
Trinity (PHAGE FIRST)
Hextech

Hextech after it's nerf (which is already some time ago) is not worth a rush anymore. With Jax' old passive it was. But with the new one, Triforce is fitting a lot better. Everything from Triforce is great on the new Jax. Slow (you only have ONE stun), HP (you're squishy concering HP), AS (the more AS, the faster you can stack your passive up), AD/AP (lol), Sheen proc (LOL). And MS is new meta, just get it.

1.7k Elo.

E: remember, there is no build that's good for EVERY lane and situation... this is just the core-build I use with Jax.
Y ME NO LIKE VIKINGS.
DAFUQ.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 3:55am | Report
Well, Wriggle's Lantern is a hard nerfed item aswell. Actually, it is rarely used on top now, most people prefer to stack doran's and then buy different items.
CellOne
<Member>
CellOne's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 3:58am | Report
Eh. No? What got nerfed? The 3% lifesteal?
That wasn't a real nerf as the "new" masteries include the lifesteal-mastery.

And I forgot about the most important point about that item :D
The ward.
I always keep it for a situation, where I have to escape without flash, creeps to jump to, etc. Then Wriggle's is great - just place the ward and jump.
Y ME NO LIKE VIKINGS.
DAFUQ.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide