Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Karma Theory Crafting And Such

Creator: DillButt64 March 29, 2013 3:38am
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2013 11:43am | Report
Against being focused or assassinated I'd say a Rod of Ages and Rylai's Crystal Scepter would do wonders for her. She's one of those gem mages that kinda works with any AP items. though she does favor CDR over everything...
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2013 12:18pm | Report
if you are bad at positioning or simply are the priority target, go roa. don't think rylais is so good. I still wonder how frozen heart goes for her, especially vs ad-midlanes

Sig made by Hogopogo
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2013 12:22pm | Report
why wouldnt rylais be good? it gives hp and ap and makes your W slow and heal even more
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2013 12:27pm | Report
^ Aye, Rylai's is a good pick without a doubt.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: VirusNG1
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2013 12:57pm | Report
Eh. Q already has a slow and would only gain the 15% due to its AoE. Since multiple slows don't stack well, you'd barely get anything out of it. W already has a root, is a DoT so it would also only gain the 15%, so it wouldn't get much either. E already is a movespeed boost and is also AoE, so you'd only get the 15% and the MS boost is more important anyway. Karma's cooldowns aren't really good enough to spam even the 15% slow, so I don't see why you'd pick it up over RoA on her most of the time, for even more HP at max stacks.

Rylai's is really only core on casters with very spam-able spells and little CC on their spells. This is why it's so good on Vlad; he spams spells, doesn't have other CC on his spam-able spells, and scales really well with the HP. On Karma, not so much.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2013 1:09pm | Report
Karma's W needs to keep her oponent close, in order to snare.
The reason why it works so well is because of that :D

Also, though the Q already has a slow, an extra slow can't hurt :D
Change is gooooood
Picture by: MrMad2000

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2013 1:36pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

Karma's W needs to keep her oponent close, in order to snare.
The reason why it works so well is because of that :D

Also, though the Q already has a slow, an extra slow can't hurt :D

The W's leash range appears to be fine, honestly. You shouldn't have many issues keeping targets in range for its secondary effect unless you're using it on people with escapes at near max range, and adding a slow to it probably won't help much with that.

The question isn't whether or not the extra slow hurts. It's pretty impossible for more slow on the enemy team to hurt. But does it help? Since you've already got a slow on Q, at a higher percentage, you'll only get 35% of any lower percentage slows applied to the target. Now, 35% of a 15% slow is a 5.25% additional slow, applied multiplicatively. So you're going to go from a total 25% slow to a total 28.9375% slow. This is going to be really, really miniscule, and you'd be better off getting an item that provides you with actually useful stats and effects rather than paying more than a RoA for less HP than a RoA, less mana than a RoA, and a passive that actually does next to nothing.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2013 1:41pm | Report
I think I just got served :P

You are a smart man :D
Change is gooooood
Picture by: MrMad2000

Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2013 2:37pm | Report
I don't understand the point of building a Rod of Ages. Sure, she has to get close, but she outdamages almost everyone at her range, and her Renewal is super strong for close range battles. The more AP you have, the tankier you are. Also, I'm pretty sure with her Inspire and Renewal it is more efficient to stack resistances than health. This is the build I use:

Sorcerer's Shoes
Athene's Unholy Grail
Zhonya's Hourglass
Rabadon's Deathcap
Abyssal Mask/ Void Staff
Void Staff/ Liandry's Torment/ Twin Shadows/ Morellonomicon

If I helped you, click that +rep!
dreamgiving
<Member>
dreamgiving's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2013 8:17pm | Report
So far I've tried a few different builds. I think a Zhonya's is definitely helpful, Deathcap as always. I prefer the Morellonomicon + Void Staff combo personally, but a Liandry's would help her squishiness. Despite her awesome burst damage, she's squishy and has terrible CD, so stacking sustain and CDR is definitely worthwhile. Gonna try out some more combos tonight. I'm really loving her new kit!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide