Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Nasus and Trinity force.

Creator: Lugignaf March 11, 2011 11:20pm
1 2 3 4
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2011 11:20pm | Report
I play a ton of tanky characters and Nasus seems like a tank with nice DPS potential. But from all my testing, he always seems to need a Trinity Force. I'm wondering if there's a better item with the close to the same effect and a much smaller price. Any thoughts?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2011 11:23pm | Report
Oops... Somehow, this got double posted... If someone can, get rid of the lesser viewed one.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2011 12:12am | Report
Gah bad servers make me have to retype my post.

I personally play tanky Nasus with Triforce and I hit just as hard if not harder than an AD Nasus with siphoning strike depending if I'm keeping up on my last hits. You'll still hit around 690 damage (300 from siphoning stacks and natural damage + Triforce AD stats + 130% from Triforce passive) as a tank every 3 seconds. That's pretty damn good if you ask me (of course it's not counting resistances).

Nasus + Triforce = love. You really can't go wrong with a Triforce on almost any build with Nasus (unless you're building AP, which would make me want to thwomp you on the back of the head.)

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2011 1:46am | Report
Tanky Nasus with TF is awesome. That's the best way to play him by far. Just don't go for it right away. I always get Aegis of the Legion (and boots ofc) before I get Sheen, then get a few tank items before completing Trinity Force.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2011 1:56am | Report
Hmm sounds good, Ill try it out :D! I'm personally a HUGE fan of trinity force
Jvstm
<Member>
Jvstm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2011 4:43pm | Report
I always rush Sheen then build tanky, finishing up TF after a few tank items.

Unless I build AP (super fun, but not recommended for newer Nasus users, IMO), then I get Lichbane instead of Trinity.
SinDelta
<Member>
SinDelta's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2011 11:03pm | Report
Tank Nasus i feel is the way to go.

Try this build

or

Just play defensively early game and focus on last hitting with that Q spell. This build focuses on being tanky and supporty while still having a good burst of damage and with that atma impaler you are really deadly in that ultimate of yours.
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnySceneTM
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2011 11:24pm | Report
If that's the exact item build order: I'd recommend you not use that build. If it's something logical like aegis->sheen->boots->triforce->Guardian Angel->Randuins/Banshee's->whatever the **** you want, i think it'd make a bit more sense.

Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2011 11:27pm | Report
Huh... I've been playing all wrong then. Other than the TF I get none of those. 2 PDs a Manamune and then some situational items. Weird...
Quick edit to clarify: I also tend to just sneak around the map later game to kill turrets. I don't really do team fights.
True love is found only in yourself.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2011 11:59pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Huh... I've been playing all wrong then. Other than the TF I get none of those. 2 PDs a Manamune and then some situational items. Weird...
Quick edit to clarify: I also tend to just sneak around the map later game to kill turrets. I don't really do team fights.

I don't see why you wouldn't do team fights with your E lowering down resists and your ultimate being super ultra awesome. 2 PDs on a champion like Nasus is a large waste of your gold investment, having a Triforce would be so much more beneficial overall for more damage on your Q rather than more damage over time. Overall Nasus can be a decent DPS but only if you're fed which is hard to do against a semi-competent player (i'm just putting myself in both situations. If I was going AD Nasus vs me going Tank Nasus, I think hands down my ad would die hard to my tank Nasus.)

1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide