Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

new Hiemerdinger item build

Creator: MyBloodisBlack November 8, 2013 10:31am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2013 10:51am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Hextech sucks, don't bother with it ^^

It's a great alternative to WotA for champions like Morde and Vladimir but why one would ever build it on Heimer is a question for the ages.
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2013 11:34am | Report
Im probably as thick as a ****** but can someone explain why spellvamp wouldnt work on Heimerdinger exactly?

I mean I find it wierd that heimerdingers turrets do so much damage and their attacks are classed as an ability (does say its magic damage) but spellvamp is useless

It boogles the mind
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2013 11:38am | Report
Heimerdinger is a backline mage, being a backline mage means that you'll benefit only little from spell vamp. Also, AoE spells only get 1/3rd spellvamp effect.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2013 11:40am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Heimerdinger is a backline mage, being a backline mage means that you'll benefit only little from spell vamp. Also, AoE spells only get 1/3rd spellvamp effect.

Any burst/AoE/multi-target mage benefits poorly from spell vamp with the exception of Ahri.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2013 1:37pm | Report
i dunno why you got mercs in your build either, you should get the m. pen boots because you dont need tenacity, especially with that build since if you get CC'd at all as hiemer youre as good as dead anyways
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2013 1:55pm | Report

Any burst/AoE/multi-target mage benefits poorly from spell vamp with the exception of Ahri.

I just realized that my explanation was a bit vague. You are right, only mages that benefit from spell vamp are DPS carries like Cassiopeia or Mordekaiser.
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2013 3:27pm | Report
Well you will be glad to hear I was wrong again

I tried the Hextech gunblade and it didn't do anything whatsoever so its back to tried and tested methods for me :)
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2013 2:15am | Report
Getting Spell Vamp is pretty dumb on most mages.

Only champ I'd honestly buy it on is Vlad simply because he's a tanky mage who benefits from lane shoving + short cd + low burst. (ionno about morde literally haven't seen him in a few months)

Main problem with spell vamp is taht you don't even get the opportunity to spell vamp if you get cc'd or focused, which you will be considering your squishiness. Might as well go full glass cannon to burst enemies down. With spell vamp you're just wasting an item slot.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2013 3:14am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

I just realized that my explanation was a bit vague. You are right, only mages that benefit from spell vamp are DPS carries like Cassiopeia or Mordekaiser.

I personally dislike it on Cassio, but then I heavily play on her range rather than her twin fang.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2013 3:26am | Report
I really loved Spirit of the Spectral Wraith on her when I played her before the nerfs on jungle items. Super cost efficient and good stats
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide