Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

new Hiemerdinger item build

Creator: MyBloodisBlack November 8, 2013 10:31am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2013 4:05am | Report
Well, the truth tends to be exactly what Dilbutt says, even though I somewhat disagree with his conclusion.

Usually it is true that 'new' things people think of have already been thought of already in this game. You get newbies coming into the game and thinking they invented support Orianna as a thing when in truth, every support main who owns her has probably tried her as support at one time or another. And it's true, there's simply other, much stronger alternatives.

However, I don't think that means that you should give up trying new things. Not all things came from the pros. Remember AP Tryndamere? That originated with a kid trying to climb from Silver. Man, I thought that **** was BS, especially since it came from a Silver, but then after taking a look at it, turns out that it was quite easily very OP and it got nerfed a few patches later.

And remember when the pros didn't rate Lux as an OP mid? A few months later, Lux was FOTM and got nerfed a few patches after that as well.

Now, it's true that the pros do come up with the most reliable theorycrafting about 98% of the time like 4-support-1- Vayne team comps, blue Ezreal, Muramana Ryze and Ashe, support Annie, etc, and you do need to take that into account. The fact that a Silver can come up with a unique working build to climb the ladder is an EXCEPTION to the rule and not the other way around.

What you must keep in mind that we are not just looking at what the pros are saying, but what the item gives to the champion. Like in the example of spellvamp, none of Heimerdinger's are beneficial towards spellvamp, so we can conclude that items like Will of the Ancients and Spirit of the Spectral Wraith is particularly weak on him.

The reasoning of some items over others have also been given already. What you need to do is look at what the outputs of items are in a build in comparison to others.
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2013 5:18am | Report
sirell wrote:

What you must keep in mind that we are not just looking at what the pros are saying, but what the item gives to the champion. Like in the example of spellvamp, none of Heimerdinger's are beneficial towards spellvamp, so we can conclude that items like Will of the Ancients and Spirit of the Spectral Wraith is particularly weak on him.

The reasoning of some items over others have also been given already. What you need to do is look at what the outputs of items are in a build in comparison to others.

Yes I do understand that but I wouldn't have known Spellvamp would be pointless until I had indeed asked flat out.

I am sure you guys could see why I questioned it because of Heimerdinger turrets (they are classed as an ability, they deal magic damage) and considering how much fire power they have a newcomer would awesome that Spell vamp would work.

but alias I was informed thats not the case.
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2013 6:29am | Report

Yes I do understand that but I wouldn't have known Spellvamp would be pointless until I had indeed asked flat out.

I am sure you guys could see why I questioned it because of Heimerdinger turrets (they are classed as an ability, they deal magic damage) and considering how much fire power they have a newcomer would awesome that Spell vamp would work.

but alias I was informed thats not the case.

Actually, I have now discovered this is not the case and I was wrong. Because of how weak the turret autoattacks are, they do now proc Spell Vamp, Liandry's and Rylai's.

So a spellvamp Heimy might be possible, though I doubt it.

And also, a lot of information you can already find just by Googling it or keeping up to date with LoL news sites like Reignofgaming, surrender@20, etc.
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2013 8:25am | Report
Tbh I never heard of surrender@20 or Reignofgaming before so I've learn something new today too
I might give a spellvamp dinger a go tonight...what is the max limit on spell vamp? Is it simular to CDR (40%)
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2013 8:51am | Report

Tbh I never heard of surrender@20 or Reignofgaming before so I've learn something new today too
I might give a spellvamp dinger a go tonight...what is the max limit on spell vamp? Is it simular to CDR (40%)

There is no max, you just can't use the same spellvamp item twice :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Janitsudude

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2013 9:31am | Report

You should only build 1 spell vamp item anyway. Rush it, then build full AP with maybe some mana regen if you need it.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2013 9:38am | Report
Since spellvamp on both Spirit of the Spectral Wraith and Will of the Ancients are unique, there is no point getting more than both items for spell vamp. And since no other items exist, spellvamp will cap with both items + spellvamp mastery.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2013 9:43am | Report
You can actually get hextech gunblade on top of that ^^

Anyway, spellvamp doesn't work on heimerdinger, it just doesn't synergize with his skillset.
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2013 10:21am | Report
Im going to try the following build
Hextech Gunblade
Athene's Unholy Grail
Rabadon's Deathcap
Zhonya's Hourglass
Void Staff
Mercury's Treads

Build cost roughly 16, 200 so is a tad expensive but does smash out a modest 687 AP and I will try a master with attack speed rather than the Cooldown reduction.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2013 10:48am | Report
Hextech sucks, don't bother with it ^^
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide