Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Quill Coat/SotAG impressions?

Creator: JoeyBucketz July 2, 2014 10:38am
1 2 3 4
JoeyBucketz
<Member>
JoeyBucketz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2014 10:38am | Report
Well, I for one have been very excited for the quill coat patch, I've always loved playing tanks and I thought this might be the way to find their way back into the game. I've only been able to play 2 games today - one with Maokai, one with Volibear.

I think Maokai is in a pretty good spot, seems very strong, and I thought his clear once I got juggling item was very good as well. I like the damage from the new W, and the range nerf isn't a killer. The ult buff is also great.

Volibear I was underwhelmed by. Clear still felt slow, even as the game progressed, and I even got a few early kills so I thought I should be accelerating ahead of people. Just didn't love it, I still think volibear is still better top.

So I just wanted to see if anyone else had any early impressions of the new jungle items. The next few I am looking forward to trying: Nautilus, Sejuani, and Mundo. Anyone you are looking to try out?

Also, pretty curious about how Olaf would like the new items! I'd love for him to make a comeback in the jungle!
JkErryDay
<Member>
JkErryDay's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2014 1:50pm | Report
I only played one game today, and it was as Volibear. I can honestly say that it was the worst experience I have had jungling with voli, as everything just felt slow. My early and mid game clearing were both slower and It seemed as if I lost much more health than before. I had voli's passive proc in the jungle multiple times, when before it would only occur when i didn't get a leash. Sure, I still got kills and assists well enough but it was much harder as I didnt have as much sustain or my passive up as much. Lategame I was obviously a monster due to the 25% HP but it felt like I had little impact on the game until then. Overall I was dissatisfied with the new item. I'm going to try it out on Naut, another one of my tank jungles, & hopefully have a more positive experience.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2014 1:52pm | Report
It's underwhellming as **** on Sejuani. Just tried it. I felt like the jungle was perpetually killing me. I'd have been better off with Wraith or Lizard.

As for Lolibear, Feral Flare is way better on him than golem lol.
JoeyBucketz
<Member>
JoeyBucketz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2014 2:03pm | Report
OH man, just tried sejuani myself, and wow, underwhelming for sure. I just gave up on juggling and tried to gank constantly. sad day.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2014 6:21pm | Report
sejuani died to the jungle even with golem because her passive is lame and she doesnt do enough damage or have enough sustain to clear camps faster than they can kill her

tbh they should just give her a sustain passive involving bristle eating dead things to get more HP back instead of having some armor(not mres either just armor) when you attack someone with some slow reduction which to me isnt important because you have one of the best AoE slows in the game that isnt a box, and bristle eating the scraps of dead things feels better thematically than magic frost armor

anyways im about to play a game with it on naut to see how well it works on him since everyone seems to be tree hugging hippies right now
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
scumi
<Member>
scumi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2014 3:02am | Report
new meta seems SoAG+Madreds even seen a naut with SoAG + SpirtStone just for the leach
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2014 6:49am | Report
Seems pretty decent on jungle Nasus. Felt like I could clear a lot faster and like I was taking a lot less damage once I got Quill Coat.

NOTE: this doesn't actually fix Nasus' other problems as a jungler
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2014 9:47am | Report
I really like it for my Gangplank. You get through that bonus magic resistance (As you normally would buy Ninja Tabi but now Mercury's Treads) and the new Hunter's Machete is perfect for him.
He is gonna kill you!!!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2014 10:02am | Report

Seems pretty decent on jungle Nasus. Felt like I could clear a lot faster and like I was taking a lot less damage once I got Quill Coat.

NOTE: this doesn't actually fix Nasus' other problems as a jungler

To be honest, I felt like Nasus' problems as a jungler was that he got so many good changes coming his way back then that made him a much better top.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2014 11:14am | Report
I've tried it on Hecarim, and I enjoyed it. I took far less damage then I thought I would, and I did notice that I cleared camps faster then normal. We still lost that game though (sigh).
A thanks to Janitsu for this signature!
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide