Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Skarner Build Items

Creator: TheKut February 27, 2012 9:25am
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2012 1:40pm | Report

The passive is unique so stacking wont improve that. Also with the gold you would have spent on the 2nd TF could be put toward pretty much anything else in the game. Maybe something with health? If you're gonna have FoN you need a decent amount of health to back it up.

Yeah, but I was going to trade away FoN for FH, and the stats that the two TF gives will be pretty awesome. For example; I saw a Xin Zhao with 4 TF and he could beat 3 enemy champions alone.
MildlyMalicious
<Member>
MildlyMalicious's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2012 2:51pm | Report
TheKut wrote:

Yeah, but I was going to trade away FoN for FH, and the stats that the two TF gives will be pretty awesome. For example; I saw a Xin Zhao with 4 TF and he could beat 3 enemy champions alone.

I just don't see the necessity for having multiple TF's. Honestly, instead of multiple TF's here's what I would go with:
Mercury's Treads
Warmog's Armor
Wit's End
Trinity Force
Hextech Gunblade
Atma's Impaler

That's also taking into consideration that I play him tanky early and build damage late.
Wanna know what item is the bestest evar?! Here you go :) :)
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard and myself(:3) for the sigs!
+Rep me if I was awesome and said awesome things like i'm supposed to :D
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2012 2:58pm | Report

I just don't see the necessity for having multiple TF's. Honestly, instead of multiple TF's here's what I would go with:
Mercury's Treads
Warmog's Armor
Wit's End
Trinity Force
Hextech Gunblade
Atma's Impaler

That's also taking into consideration that I play him tanky early and build damage late.

This is a great build. Randuin's Omen isn't bad, especially since it grows out of Heart of Gold. I don't find rushing Warmog's Armor to be effective tho. Your better off grabbing Sheen, building some midgame defense, followed up by Trinity Force. Never buy 2 Trinity Force.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
MildlyMalicious
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2012 3:11pm | Report
^ True, I just love the large boost of health early it can give. It's a personal preference but it works for me :)

I also grab Sheen right after Warmog's Armor regardless. I don't keep it long but my way of playing doesn't even go into Ixtal's Impact unless I have to. I prefer the burst and survivability of his Shattered Earth and Seismic Bastion early imo.
BusDriver210
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2012 3:38pm | Report
Like I said, I like your style and build. I just see Skarner as a ganker early, tower diver later. Buying Warmog's Armor early, in my opinion, means your shooting for a quick game. I tend to allow my lanes to decide if we need to down towers and focus more on ganking power///damage.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
MildlyMalicious
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2012 3:40pm | Report
True enough. I usually solo top with Skarner so I'm less on the ganks, more on the tankyness.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2012 6:30am | Report
I can't make myself buy anything but Sheen first (except maybe Mercs). It just gives such a great boost in damage for so little price. After that, I always rush the offensive. I could understand the health early. Usually I start with the main thing I need, you know. Armor, magic resist, or health. And health is never a bad thing.

By the way, Fracture is amazing to get at least one point in early. I always get one point, no more. The little bit of heal it gives when you use Crystal Slash makes a huge difference at any random point. Run through the jungle to clear a creep wave, heal a ton. Hold off a minion wave while an ally is at base, heal a ton. Early team fight, heal a ton.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2012 8:59am | Report
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 6:08pm | Report
Looks nice.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
BusDriver210
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2012 12:31pm | Report
Don't be afraid to buy philosopher's stone or Heart of Gold on Skarner. He farms the jungle like mad, so whats the best way to capitalize? More gold! They are decent midgame items on him and Heart of Gold builds into Randuin's Omen which is great for Skarner!
+Rep me if i'm useful!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide