Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Some ideas for 'fun' junglers

Creator: SpawnOfHell January 17, 2014 11:52pm
1 2 3 4
SpawnOfHell
<Member>
SpawnOfHell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2014 11:52pm | Report
One of my favorite things to do in normal queue is to play fun junglers. I don't mean champions who are completely troll and have no place in the jungle like Sona, but ones who could have some redeeming factor in the jungle. I'm starting to run out of ideas though, so I thuoght I'd ask if anyone else had any secret junglers to share.

Champions I've tried so far:

Fizz - Actually pretty fast and his passive negates some damage from camps. Pretty good ganks, but he's frail as a twig and absolutely can not be put behind. Definitely a lot of fun though.

Taric - So slow and the Dazzle nerf hurt his ganking, plus his mobility is ***. He's too fabulous not to use though, and he does have great health sustain (though his mana is horrendous)

Thresh - Pretty much a weaker but more badass Nautilus. He can go for some wacky AD builds but Naut is better. His advantages are that he can hook through walls and position his teammates with his lantern.

Singed - His first clear is horrible but with a Spirit item he farms the jungle like a man, and he can gank pretty well too. Plus he's near unkillable. Still better as a laner.

Renekton - Tried it. Hated it. Never again.

Ziggs - Only ever dared try this once. He's fast and actually has decent ganks if you can get off Satchel Charge and Hexplosive Minefield perfectly, but he takes a beating from the jungle. I noticed though that if he gets a good gank he can push a lane down extremely quickly.

Mordekaiser - Lolwtf speeds and passable sustain, but he can't gank at all. I think that's pretty obvious. At least he clears like a boss.

Yasuo - no

Twisted Fate - I loved me some jungle TF in S2 but ever since then the jungle has just told him, "GTFO." His nerfs didn't help either.

Considering trying: Rumble, Zyra, Morgana
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2014 12:45am | Report
Jungle Talon. Funnily enough it might be viable after the Spirit Stone change.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2014 1:01am | Report

Yasuo - no

*cries*
So, my jungle Yasuo was totally useless. Good to know.

But, honestly, he's not bad if you can get a decent amount of gold. Spirit of the Elder Lizard is damn good, and as a carry jungler, he can really crush some people.
True love is found only in yourself.
SpawnOfHell
<Member>
SpawnOfHell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2014 1:12am | Report
I have literally never felt so useless as a jungler when I played Yasuo. Ganks are horrible because you can't hold on to your tornado and his gap closer range is pathetic. He can farm fast with items and levels but he can do the same thing in lane while putting a laner behind at the same time. He was really unfun to play, and that's coming from someone who plays Master Yi and Tryndamere jungle.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2014 1:33am | Report
Iunno man. I was doing fine ganking an Ahri and a Rengar. You just gotta learn how to gank without any "good" CC I guess.

Damage is usually enough to close the kill. Especially in lanes that have one form of CC.
True love is found only in yourself.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2014 4:52am | Report
Yasuo's early damage isn't exceptional though, and his wave-clear isn't amazing either ( at least not that I know of ).
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2014 3:52pm | Report
krama jangl
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2014 4:31pm | Report
Rumble jungle...mmmmm...CC from his E...W for chasing. Meh...no. Much much better top.

Ashe jungle...oh yeah. Them slows...them stuns.

I remember hearing that inSec used to jungle Zed...never seen it before tho.
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
Napoleon D
<Member>
Napoleon D's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2014 4:33pm | Report
i need to delete this account
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2014 1:43am | Report
Mordekaiser numer uno huehuehuehuehuehue.

Faster than the speed of... Shyvana!!!
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide