Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Sunfire+Abyssal, the new "meta" for...

Creator: NicknameMy August 28, 2012 1:27pm
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 7:58am | Report
Seriously Nicknamemy, where the hell do you get these ideas? I never build sunfire, ever.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 8:41am | Report
Simple, Amumu. And this works 100%.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 9:21am | Report
I've made AD veigar work, have a 100% win rate with him

AD veigar new op. Ad veigar werk 100% tiem
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 10:22am | Report
Wow, well done, reaching in 1 game 1 win in normal vs lvl 1 and say 100% win, wow.

This Amumu build works both in normal and in ranked. It is just, Amumu has so much DoT with this build that he destroys other champs. And that while beeing full tank.
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 10:36am | Report
I do it on sejuani.

Works like a charm.

throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 12:42pm | Report
You're all misguided. My thoughts:
Tanks have a hard time building health. There are barely any viable items that give you health. Warmogs is only good for volibear and mundo, maybe a couple others. Randuins doesn't give much health. Frozen mallet is strong, but not always useful. Either the item gives great health, and little to no resists, or tons of resists, and little health (aegis, randuins, banshee). So, health is a tricky thing to use optimally. As a tank, you want health, magic resist, and armor. The combo of abyssal and sunfire gives you everything yuo need as a tank. Sure, sunfire by itself is sub-optimal, but combined with abyssal, and the insane aoe magic damage of some of these champs, it's completely overpowered. Take amumu. His despair does ok aoe damage. Pop a sunfire on him, it's like doubling his despair damage. Malphite and amumu pour on the aoe magic damage. Sunfire stacks towards their damage. If you stand on someone for 5 seconds, that's an additional 200 magic damage on their face.

gp10 items, Sunfire+abyssal, randuins/frozen heart, is the most optimal way to build amumu/malphite. Slap on sorc shoes for extra laughs.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 12:47pm | Report
I have a world famous 55 magic pen malphite build. 100% win rate in ranked. 15 magic pen in runes (quints, marks), boots 3pot, double gp10, sorc shoes, abyssal. Max q. Completely dominates vlad, gp, teemo, kennen, etc. Ranged tops with no shield.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 1:59pm | Report
A yes! The Great One has spoken everyone. Praised be his wisdom.

THE BOOK ACCORDING TO THROATSLASHER!
AMEN
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 10:08pm | Report

You're all misguided. My thoughts:
Tanks have a hard time building health. There are barely any viable items that give you health. Warmogs is only good for volibear and mundo, maybe a couple others. Randuins doesn't give much health. Frozen mallet is strong, but not always useful. Either the item gives great health, and little to no resists, or tons of resists, and little health (aegis, randuins, banshee). So, health is a tricky thing to use optimally. As a tank, you want health, magic resist, and armor. The combo of abyssal and sunfire gives you everything yuo need as a tank. Sure, sunfire by itself is sub-optimal, but combined with abyssal, and the insane aoe magic damage of some of these champs, it's completely overpowered. Take amumu. His despair does ok aoe damage. Pop a sunfire on him, it's like doubling his despair damage. Malphite and amumu pour on the aoe magic damage. Sunfire stacks towards their damage. If you stand on someone for 5 seconds, that's an additional 200 magic damage on their face.

gp10 items, Sunfire+abyssal, randuins/frozen heart, is the most optimal way to build amumu/malphite. Slap on sorc shoes for extra laughs.

Actuall, Sunfire Aegis only increases the damage by 50% ( Despair deals ~80 dmg). And for Amumu Rylai's Crystal Scepter is a nice second HP item aswell because the aoe slow is overall usefull. Other than that, I totaly agree. You only missed Force of Nature.

BTW: You remember magicpen Dr. Mundo?
Phoenix0000ff
<Member>
Phoenix0000ff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2012 2:59am | Report
Kinda a meh point to argue about how much damage Amumu's despair does.

I agree with the wall of text with the exception that I believe he (Throatslasher) undervalues Warmogs. I also don't agree with the sentiment that Sunfire is a poor item when not stacked with abyssal. I'll say it again I seen many high elo people using it and the statistics of the item also look good.
Self proclaimed worlds best Jungle Twitch player
You can find my one and only guide here.
I love you.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide