Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tips to play with irelia

Creator: Durzapt June 14, 2012 5:33am
1 2
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2012 2:33pm | Report

I sense some sarcasm Tosh..

What?! No! It's not sarcasm, it's sincerity and praise because he's amazing at the characters he plays as! :D
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2012 3:51pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:
Irelia has way more utility than Nasus ...

I agree that Irelia is not designed like Nasus and has more mobility which is great for an tanky deeps, but more utility ?

For the OP : do not pay attention to score at the end of the game. That does not win game.
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
Turbo Punz
<Member>
Turbo Punz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2012 4:55pm | Report
I've mained Irelia for a decent amount of time too.
Many of the games that I played and carried with Irelia was due to many factors:
1) Most of the time, I play out my lane passively. I don't really do much in terms of trades. I only do so when it is needed. I mostly focus on #2
2) FARM, FARM AND MORE FARM. I play a passive lane for this. If, I just farm like mad (i.e: 10 cs per minute) I'll soon get a large cs advantage over my counterpart and sometimes a EXP advantage.
3) If you want an gold and EXP boost on your opponent then you'll need to prevent them from getting CS. Stay in the gap between their caster minions and their melee minions. Chances are they wont be able to get cs (therefore less EXP). You will soon develop the advantage. If they are stupid enough to go for cs I will punish them for it. Try to do some damage to them. Repeat.
4) Since you will be pushing relatively hard on their lane it is a MUST that you get ward whenever you are back at the platform... NO EXCEPTIONS. This will keep you from getting camped by the jungler and getting ganked in general.
5) I don't really do damage to their turret unless it is really needed or suitable. I really like to "juice" out that gold and EXP advantage.

My end build usually looks like this (I know, it looks kinda 'iffy but it works for me):
Mercury's Treads
Trinity Force <-- most of the time I get Phage first and then Sheen
Wit's End <-- amazing item which synergies with Hiten Style
Frozen Mallet <-- Slow, HP... pretty nice item on her. Also works well with Hiten Style. I also like it better then getting Warmog's Armor.
Youmuu's Ghostblade <-- Gives a couple stats that are useful on Irelia
Shurelya's Battlesong <-- My starter is Regrowth Pendant which is soon build into Philosopher's Stone. The HP regen can also be in place of Warmog's Armor.

Note: Ionian Fervor TOOO STRONGGG

Sexy General Odd-Bro is Sexy

+Rep me if you found anything helpful from me

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the beautiful signaures

EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2012 8:11pm | Report
irelia does fine against renekton

go tabi and chainvest and the lane is over

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2012 12:22am | Report
Turbo Punz wrote:

I've mained Irelia for a decent amount of time too.
Many of the games that I played and carried with Irelia was due to many factors:
1) Most of the time, I play out my lane passively. I don't really do much in terms of trades. I only do so when it is needed. I mostly focus on #2
2) FARM, FARM AND MORE FARM. I play a passive lane for this. If, I just farm like mad (i.e: 10 cs per minute) I'll soon get a large cs advantage over my counterpart and sometimes a EXP advantage.
3) If you want an gold and EXP boost on your opponent then you'll need to prevent them from getting CS. Stay in the gap between their caster minions and their melee minions. Chances are they wont be able to get cs (therefore less EXP). You will soon develop the advantage. If they are stupid enough to go for cs I will punish them for it. Try to do some damage to them. Repeat.
4) Since you will be pushing relatively hard on their lane it is a MUST that you get ward whenever you are back at the platform... NO EXCEPTIONS. This will keep you from getting camped by the jungler and getting ganked in general.
5) I don't really do damage to their turret unless it is really needed or suitable. I really like to "juice" out that gold and EXP advantage.

My end build usually looks like this (I know, it looks kinda 'iffy but it works for me):
Mercury's Treads
Trinity Force <-- most of the time I get Phage first and then Sheen
Wit's End <-- amazing item which synergies with Hiten Style
Frozen Mallet <-- Slow, HP... pretty nice item on her. Also works well with Hiten Style. I also like it better then getting Warmog's Armor.
Youmuu's Ghostblade <-- Gives a couple stats that are useful on Irelia
Shurelya's Battlesong <-- My starter is Regrowth Pendant which is soon build into Philosopher's Stone. The HP regen can also be in place of Warmog's Armor.

Note: Ionian Fervor TOOO STRONGGG

Tri + Frozen sucha waste

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Durzapt
<Member>
Durzapt's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2012 4:19am | Report
I kind like more irelia with an off-tank build!!
Mazuran
<Member>
Mazuran's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2012 7:23am | Report
koksei wrote:

Tri + Frozen sucha waste

QFT. But if it works for you... Hey, go for it. Pay the naysayers no heed!

I'm beginning to reconsider whether or not Triforce is really that good an item on Irelia. The main reasons people seem to cite using it are:

The Phage slow
Is really, really poor until you get some AtkSpd from a Wit's End or somesuch. It just doesn't proc reliably enough for me. However...
If you get FroMal you get a reliable slow for chasing. And you get more HP and a smidgen more AD to boot (not that you should ever get FroMal for the AD...). Oh, and you'll benefit more if you get an Atma's. So... One for the anti-TriForce brigade.

The Sheen Proc
Is useful for bladesurging to minions and last hitting. That's about it. End game, it's adding on around 115 extra damage, which will of course be reduced to around the 70-80 mark after rresistances (******** figures, I know, but I think they're roughly right...). Which is a bit ****, really.
So... another reason to not get TriForce.

The utility
There is no denying that TriForce brings a lot of very useful stats in one item slot. However... They're all rather meh. So I'm putting this down as a reason to get TriForce, but against my best instincts :P

At the moment I'm tossing around a build along the lines of
Boots
FroMal
Wit's End
Randuin's
Atma's
GA

/Off-Topic Diversion

Also, this:
Quoted:

For the OP : do not pay attention to score at the end of the game. That does not win game.

Cannot stress this enough. Turrets win the game more than kills, dragons, barons, etc. If people complain at you for going negative score, just make sure you knock down more turrets than them :P
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2012 7:40am | Report
you should really build irelia in accordance with the game and the enemy team. go triforce GA. that's pretty standard. getting there isn't. you can buy a doran's shield (you can even buy more than one), you can rush a chainvest, but those two items are core.

after that the builds get pretty situational. there are loads of tank items that are good on irelia. it really depends on the game. FH, Randuin, Shurelya, Mog's, Wits, Maw, Banshee, FoN all good choices on irelia.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2012 7:47am | Report
Renek does well early

Irelia kinda catches up later :P

And yes what evildice said
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2012 1:37pm | Report
Nasus has great utility. He can take out the enemy ad-carry from the fight forever with his Wither, not many champs can do something like that. And at lategame, he has 5 times the dmg of Irelia with 1 Q, if Irelia goes into farm mode top. And then, he is even more tanky than Irelia.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide