Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Veigar still a good pick or not for season...

Creator: Lord Kesharq February 1, 2014 5:08pm
1 2 3 4
Lord Kesharq
<Member>
Lord Kesharq's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2014 5:08pm | Report
Just a quick question on Veigar, as iv been playing him a bit in normalls after getting him in a ARAM game and he seems to be pretty good so far, but id like to know what people think of him atm.

Cheers in advance
Current League Goals:

Reach 1000 Normal Wins (Done)
Reach 2000 Normal Wins
Reach Gold Tier (S6)

(ty to Ninja Trigger for the sic)
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2014 6:09pm | Report
youre in low low low low bronze, veigar can thrive in there killing a person in 0.0000001 seconds

however against any of the top picks hes eh, i personally like him but hes bad against gap closers because all he has is his stun, his range on his Q and R is low so you still have to get close even after landing a stun to kill someone
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2014 6:12pm | Report
Veigar makes a nice counter to high threat AP champs, but his issues stem from his abusable laning phase and the fact that he has no true 1 point wonder. Also his extremely limited mobility makes him easy prey for most bruisers and assassins that arent AP.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2014 8:32pm | Report
most of the high threat ap champs are either out of range of anything, except for kass but most kassadins get RoA and end up sort of tanky, and can just ult over your stun if you miss it
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2014 8:41pm | Report
Not to mention most people will just pick an AD to go mid if they see you lock Veigar
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2014 8:45pm | Report
Tl;dr: Veigar is kinda trash
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Ubnoxius
<Altruistic Artist>
Ubnoxius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2014 8:51pm | Report

Not to mention most people will just pick an AD to go mid if they see you lock Veigar

# Talon Zed

I think Veigar is super strong and super underrated. You can pick him against almost any AP laner that you are against and will practically win the game everytime if all you do is stack your Q during laning phase. Veigar has little to no kill potential without level 6 or a gank. So once you buy Deathfire Grasp your kill potential is almost 100% if you land his E.
You also need to practice landinbg instant stuns. Highly important to being good at Veigar (if you are inexperienced)
Check out my Signature Shop if you want a sig like this | +Rep is nice If I helped you!
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2014 8:54pm | Report
The main issue with Veigar is if someone counterpicks you, they counterpick you HARD.
And everyone knows how to counterpick Veigar.

Basically MOBAFire.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2014 8:58pm | Report
Syndra and LeBlanc do the same job, but better. That's pretty much the only reason he isn't played. It has nothing to do with being super weak against AD mids (which is false, he still does a ****ton of damage) and his laning phase isn't as bad as people make it out to be. People just play him like they're Nasus instead of playing like they're Annie.

He's probably my best mid at the moment, but if I could play Syndra or Leblanc as well as I can play Veigar, I would play them instead. They're pretty much just safer with better early games and lower cooldowns.
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
Ubnoxius
<Altruistic Artist>
Ubnoxius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2014 9:53pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Syndra and LeBlanc do the same job, but better. That's pretty much the only reason he isn't played. It has nothing to do with being super weak against AD mids (which is false, he still does a ****ton of damage) and his laning phase isn't as bad as people make it out to be. People just play him like they're Nasus instead of playing like they're Annie.

He's probably my best mid at the moment, but if I could play Syndra or Leblanc as well as I can play Veigar, I would play them instead. They're pretty much just safer with better early games and lower cooldowns.

Except for the fact that Veigar has a potential 5 man stun and an astronomical AOE damaging ability (W) Along with the annoying fact that he is a ****ing purple awesome yordle with the most iconic laugh ever
Check out my Signature Shop if you want a sig like this | +Rep is nice If I helped you!
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide