Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Veigar still a good pick or not for season...

Creator: Lord Kesharq February 1, 2014 5:08pm
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2014 9:57pm | Report
Syndra

Potential 5 man stun: check
Astronomical AoE: check
Ubnoxius
<Altruistic Artist>
Ubnoxius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2014 10:12pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Syndra

Potential 5 man stun: check
Astronomical AoE: check

Touché my friend, touché.

But, Syndra is way harder to play and labd the stun than Veigar and Veigar has probably double of Syndra's single target burst
Check out my Signature Shop if you want a sig like this | +Rep is nice If I helped you!
SpawnOfHell
<Member>
SpawnOfHell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2014 10:14pm | Report
However to be frank 90% of the time the damage Veigar does to a single target is overkill.
Ubnoxius
<Altruistic Artist>
Ubnoxius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2014 10:22pm | Report

However to be frank 90% of the time the damage Veigar does to a single target is overkill.

He is a yordle. Everything must be overkill
Thanks for the sig Emi!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2014 10:25pm | Report
Ubnoxius wrote:

Touché my friend, touché.

But, Syndra is way harder to play and labd the stun than Veigar and Veigar has probably double of Syndra's single target burst

Syndra's stun has more range, is a LOT easier to stun and gets even easier if you set up for it, and difficulty is never an issue if you master/learn to play the champion.

Plus, there's no difference between doing 300% of a target's health and 150%, they're dead either way.

Syndra probably has even more AoE too since she has 3 abilities that are AoE as opposed to Veigar's 1.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Ubnoxius
<Altruistic Artist>
Ubnoxius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2014 10:32pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

Syndra's stun has more range, is a LOT easier to stun and gets even easier if you set up for it, and difficulty is never an issue if you master/learn to play the champion.

Plus, there's no difference between doing 300% of a target's health and 150%, they're dead either way.

Syndra probably has even more AoE too since she has 3 abilities that are AoE as opposed to Veigar's 1.

You must be the true Jesus because whenever I play Syndra I miss attempted stuns about 27 times per game (I dont play her often btw) as apposed to Veigar where you can almost never miss if you have half a brain then you just press Q and R, no skill required, twice the damage :D
Check out my Signature Shop if you want a sig like this | +Rep is nice If I helped you!
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2014 10:38pm | Report
Ubnoxius wrote:

You must be the true Jesus because whenever I play Syndra I miss attempted stuns about 27 times per game (I dont play her often btw) as apposed to Veigar where you can almost never miss if you have half a brain then you just press Q and R, no skill required, twice the damage :D

That doesn't make any sense. If anything, Veigar's Event Horizon is one of the hardest stuns to hit in the game. Granted, it's fairly huge and you can get it with practice, but still, Syndra's Scatter the Weak has to be one of the easier stuns to hit. I literally picked up Syndra for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago and hit her stun consistently. It's not that hard. You just line up your target with Q and immediately E. Problem solved.

If you want a super easy champion to play, don't play the people with no mobility and no escape mechanisms (i.e. Syndra and Veigar).

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Ubnoxius
<Altruistic Artist>
Ubnoxius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2014 10:46pm | Report

That doesn't make any sense. If anything, Veigar's Event Horizon is one of the hardest stuns to hit in the game. Granted, it's fairly huge and you can get it with practice, but still, Syndra's Scatter the Weak has to be one of the easier stuns to hit. I literally picked up Syndra for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago and hit her stun consistently. It's not that hard. You just line up your target with Q and immediately E. Problem solved.

If you want a super easy champion to play, don't play the people with no mobility and no escape mechanisms (i.e. Syndra and Veigar).

Guess its just personal preference, anyways, I make my exit from this thread now.
Stay classy San Diego
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2014 12:31am | Report
Ubnoxius, nice sigs :P But I agree. Veigar is underrated.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2014 1:47am | Report
Veigar's major issue is his early-laning phase and the fact he's a one for one champ. After he bursts, he's virtually nothing and that's what makes him an overall poor pick.

Not saying he can't win games but he's very underwhelming atm.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide