Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What are your thoughts on this Master Yi build?

Creator: Lasoor April 7, 2017 12:10pm
Lasoor
<Member>
Lasoor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2017 12:10pm | Report
Top lane Master Yi

9 AS reds
9 Armor yellows
9 MR blues
(the runes aren't specialized yet, just using my AS rune page)

Fervor of Battle for keystone
Rush Vampiric Scepter and then start Phantom Dancer, grab boots early.
+ + + +

End with or or

Been practicing a lot with this build and so far it seems extremely strong. Thought of it myself because I got tired of using the same old Blade of the Ruined King builds. Lots of burst thanks to the crit and enough life steal to keep you alive even when being focused on once you get Death's Dance. It allowed me to go head to head with a Mastery 7 Tryndamere main. Most of the game we were even but toward end I became way stronger.

Thoughts?
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2017 1:40pm | Report
AFAIK, Tiamat is a good early buy on Master Yi because it enhances your waveclearing, letting you shove lane quite fast whenever you're left alone. Not sure about the rest, but rushing Phantom Dancer and lifesteal seems like a pretty standard start.

What about Trinity Force? Would it be an optional lategame buy or nah?
Lasoor
<Member>
Lasoor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2017 8:24pm | Report
I don't think Trinity Force really fits in because it is a large gold item that doesn't really give him anything he needs to be strong other than maybe some attack speed and movement speed. But both are covered by his ultimate and I also take Ghost. I think the main thing he needs is his Lifesteal and Crit for survival and burst. Trinity Force adds burst too, but instead of that you can try to make sure you get Rift Herald. Rift Herald with Master Yi is extremely deadly.

I'd say Trinity Force certainly works on Master Yi, but I don't think it would be needed with the items I selected.

I also think Tiamat is really good on him, but the issue is the price. Early game you need lifesteal and then you'll want to rush Phantom Dancer for the crit and movement speed. After that you finish Bloodthirster. By time you do that you don't even need the wave clear boost because you clear quickly already. Normally if you go Blade of the Ruined King you'd probably have room for an early Tiamat.
TaztheMaz
<Member>
TaztheMaz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2017 8:47am | Report
This is a really good build actually. It keeps quite a bit of sustain however can take out tanks in front lines and stuff. However, if you were cced for quite a bit of time you would die pretty quickly. I'd say gaurdians angel would be the best last item.
Lasoor
<Member>
Lasoor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2017 8:24pm | Report
Yeah this is primarily a build for people really good with Master Yi who know when to go in and when to get out. Because otherwise you'll simply be locked down and instantly killed.
Prate_k
<Editor>
Prate_k's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2018 12:35pm | Report
Infinity Edge , Phantom Dancer, Bloodthirster if bruisers else Ravenous Hydra if yasuo. If vs a mage Wit's End (sell it later), Mercury's Treads (if against tank they will most definately get sunfirecape or Bramble Vest). Top it off with Blade of the Ruined King and armor pen if neccessary. otherwise go for Statikk Shiv.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide