Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

why dont people build trinity force on pantheon?

Creator: caucheka February 10, 2012 9:13pm
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 7:27am | Report
Quoted:

>:C WHY NOT RUSH TRINITY ON CORKI?! PHAGE > 2 DORANS ;O

Phage is fine, but why finish the tri-force?
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 7:28am | Report
People have already run the numbers...IE>TF it's more cost effective and in the end provides more damage. If you want to get Sheen or Phage then rush IE that's probably the middle of the road route. In a long enough game you can have both items. But TF is a huge investment and really doesn't provide the same bang for your buck as IE. But it's as I said "preference"
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 7:30am | Report
Quoted:

Phage is fine, but why finish the tri-force?

What else are you going to get? A B.F Sword?
Phage > 2 dorans
Sheen > BF + 300G
Zeal is good on any AD carry
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 7:44am | Report
@Jeffy
I thought we were talking about Sheen vs BF...

Trinity Force does have a lot of utility that Infinity Edge severely lacks. You have slow, damage proc, attack speed, blah blah blah.

The difference is as follows: Trinity Force is probably better for champions that have spammable skills, thus constant damage procs. Infinity Edge would probably work better for those that rely more on basic attacks and can't make use of that TF proc.

That being said, I can't really bring myself to put one over the other. In my personal opinion, It is better to get Sheen first and then rush Infinity. I will do that much more often unless I actually need the health/slow/attack speed from Trinity.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 8:07am | Report
Now that I can agree with Morte. IE is something that would be best for people that are AA based ( Tryndamere being the most famous).

Panth is one of those champs that can use both items very well, BUT as Jeffy said, down to preference.

As for me, Ill take my sheen

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 8:17am | Report
Never get both >.>

And remember there's a "cooldown" on the Sheen proc.

Also note that Panth has no mobility skill besides his jump.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 8:44am | Report
True, cooldown on Sheen.

Why not get both? Sheen buffs attack damage of next attack after ability, Infinity buffs overall attack damage anyway. Suppose that next hit is while your enemy is below 15% health, thus causing Pantheon to crit. Excluding masteries and runes, the attack will deal 250% + 100% AD (250% + 150% AD with Trinity). With his spear (only having those items) it will deal 862.5 (997.5 with Trinity). To be honest, that is generally useless considering the fact that most champions are at 500 health (assuming they have over 3300 max hp) with 15%. BUT... the crit chance from Infinity and Trinity together allows you to do that on ocassion without the target being that low, thus the extra damage is no longer useless. Keep in mind, that is without crit chance/crit damage runes/masteries.

Pantheon all of a sudden seems a little overpowered being able to hit people for almost half their health with a spam ability and only two items. And I think I just taught myself something. :P
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 10:41am | Report
You taught me something too.

The numbers in this game can be uber at times, and it always seems to come out when close-minded people come out.

Both items are good, and depending on playstyle and other subjective factors, these items may or may not be used. I tend to shun IE, since I prefer that tank role with Pant, but that doesnt mean its not a good item for him.

The joy of LoL is that there is some 'customization' when it comes to game play. Some people prefer AD Glass Cannon that stacks BTs. Some like Tanky DPS or Bulky DPS. And others, like I, prefer full Tank.

There is no wrong way to play a champ... only less effective.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 12:03pm | Report
I rush IE a lot...XD Then build bulk later like Phage/Frozen Mallet/Warmog's etc depending on the champ...Typically IE is followed by a Zeal then a Phage. Zeal becomes PD, Phage becomes FM. That's just how I build my ranged carries.
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 12:10pm | Report
Youmuu's Ghostblade or Infinity Edge is usually the way to go for standard assassin. Trinity Force isn't really the most recommended item for Pantheon because he uses all his skill combos at once, making skill spread harder but still works.

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide