Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Your graphing resource.

Creator: Searz January 25, 2011 3:31pm
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 12:14pm | Report
I love these graphs. What about a Vlad one sometime? =) Or someone who is basically a similar equivalent?

Btw I have them linked in my Vlad Guides hehe. Keep up the great work.

Math is fun.
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 3:01pm | Report
Well, these items are pretty much needed. Figuring out which last item would be the best could be something worth looking into. I might do it if I find the time.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
Androdriverz
<Member>
Androdriverz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2011 2:10pm | Report
I dont get that thing with the dodge and armor seals. I mean you are stating that dodge is better for jungling. But when i get dodge runes instead of the usual armor ones i take A LOT more dmg. Your graph says the exact opposite too (unless i'm reading it wrong). pls answer..
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2011 2:37pm | Report
Dodge ONLY works against normal attacks. NOT against spells. That's probably why.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2011 10:37pm | Report
Searz, make me a three dimensional graph with your axes being armor, base health, and effective health vs physical damage and plot the efficiency graphs of each tanky item on the graph, showing points of optimalization. Then do the same with MR.

:>
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2011 2:51am | Report
I think the better choice would be to do only one for EHP instead of one for MHP and one for PHP.
Edit: I was thinking that you could use 3 variables in 3D graphs. Fail >.>

Quoted:
plot the efficiency graphs of each tanky item on the graph, showing points of optimalization.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking me to do here. Clarify?
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2011 3:54am | Report
I've got no experience with 3D graphs. They seem like a pain in the ***.
My formula doesn't work ;(

y = (1900+6.3x)*(170+z)-3230

Shouldn't that formula work? Anyone with some 3D graphing experience?
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
Ceranthor
<Member>
Ceranthor's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 11:20am | Report
Hey Searz, loving the graphs!

Wondering if you could clarify your AD Damage with Crit and AS equation because i'm having issues using it with the program.

(AD*%CrD*%CrC/100+AD*(1-%CrC/100))*0.66*(1.54+%AS from items/100)*100/(100+(x-ArP)*(1-%ArP/100))

I think the issue for me lies in the attack speed area. Could you perhaps go through the equation and clarify each separate part of it?

*Edit*
I think I've found a equation that works perhaps you could validate it for me?

(AD*(1+CritChance*CritDamge))*(100/(100+(AR-Arp))*(1-%Arp/100))*AS

For example you have 0.66 and 1.54 as numbers. I presume the 1.54 is passive champ attack speed @ 18. But what is 0.66?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 12:12pm | Report
0.66 is the base attack speed. All attack speed gains are multiplied by it.

Just copy it and insert all the numbers.

(180*2.6*0.27+180*0.73)*0.66*(1.54)*100/(100+x-21) = (180*260/100*27/100+180*(1-27/100))*0.66*(1.54+0/100)*100/(100+(x-21)*(1-0/100))

The first is what I use in one of my graphs(it's simplified since I understand the formula). The second one is the formula I copied from this thread and just inserted all the values in. They both give the same result. I think you must've done something wrong.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 12:30pm | Report
(AD*%CrD/100*%CrC/100+AD*(1-%CrC/100))*0.66*(1.54+%AS from items/100)*100/(100+(x-ArP)*(1-%ArP/100))
Wow, fail me >.<
I forgot to add a "/100" to the %CrD. Here's the fixed formula. Now everything should work like it's supposed to.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide