This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Aatrox, The true power of lifesteal - Top lane or a odd bot
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Welcome to my guide
I will improve this guide a lot, so right now it is not 100% done.
* Really good sustain from his W Blood Thirst / Blood Price.
* Aatrox is a really strong champion who is hard to counter.
* There is only one item that counters Aatrox that item is Warden's Mail.
* His Q Dark Flight is a good escape and gapcloser.
* His passive Blood Well makes it possible to win fights that would otherwise have been impossible to win.
* Aatrox is hard to counter.
* Not too long cooldowns.
* With this build Aatrox is quite squishy.
* If you are playing against a ranged champion for example Vayne or Nidalee you will have a hard time getting the sustain that you need.
* Aatrox is kind of op so he will propably get nerfed.
* The items that you need are quite expensive so you need to farm good and get kills.
* He is a melee champion so he can be zoned if you are up against a champion with good poke or ranged sources of damage.
And for the second summoner spell i picked Barrier it is good on Aatrox because if you are fighting a enemy champion that deals more dps = damage per second than you Barrier might come in handy. For example if you are fighting against a Fiora both of you are droping low on health just use Barrier and when you're Barrier is up you still have the lifesteal that increases your health. But if she has Ignite make sure that you use your Barrier at a good time. After she has used the Ignite you should use Barrier but if you are dropping way to low use it to escape if you know that you cant win the fight.