This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Corki - Wreck Faces (Updated 11/17)
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Corki plays the role of the AD ranged Carry. He offers a lot of raw damage of both physical and magic damage due to Phosphorous Bomb & Missile Barrage and ability to shred armor with Gatling Gun, as well as additional true damage due to his amazing passive. Do note that Corki is not like your average ranged DPS carry. You do not sit there auto-attacking people. You have bombs. You have guns. You have missiles. You have an airplane. YOU ARE CORKI.
PHOSPHORUS BOMB WHY YOU NO BLIND???
So basically Corki lost his early game dominance, due to the nerf of all his skill damage. However it wasn't too heavy of a nerf and he is still strong of a pick. He still has his armor shredding abilities & his missiles still hit hard mid game. Although phosphorus bomb no longer blinds )=, it is still a decent early game damaging ability and still be used to proc trinity force.
- Greater Seal of Clarity: This build will skip Manamune, so you are going to need as much mp regeneration you can get. This allows you to skip straight to your core damage: Trinity Force.
- Greater Glyph of Clarity: Same as above. Supplies you with the extra mana regen.
- Greater Quintessence of Strength: Easier last hitting and stronger lane dominance.
Greater Seal of Vitality- Seal of Vitality: Being squishy, you like to not die, having hp makes you look less squishy. Seals of Vitality plays a psychological trick on people making them seem to be extremely tanky when they are still as squishy as heck.
- Seal of Alacrity: Helps alot with last hitting and has some synchronization with your passive, more hits more damage.
- Glyph of Shielding: Makes you more tanky, pretty cheap for lots of magic resist
- Glyph of Alacrity: Can be paired up with Seals of Alacrity to do more damage.
- Greater Quintessence of Fortitude: Helps alot for early game dominance, but kind of useless late game
I use the extra 6 points and put them in defense rather than utility as the defense masteries will help greatly during the laning phase so you wont die as easily as your team rages at you to stop feeding. This gives Corki the extra resistances in order to lane and make Corki a bit more beefy.
Other usable summoner spells is the new summoner skill surge. It makes your team fights a tad stronger as your skills will do more damage & add to your dps. Ghost is usable if you need that extra positioning in team fights and reach teamfights & lanes faster. Cleanse is a great summoner spell now since it can remove exhaust. When you're exhausted, you HAVE to back up. If you cleanse that you can still remain strong after your opponent has blown one exhaust, and still remain more mobile.
- Phosphorus Bomb: Your early game nuke. Use this to harass your enemies as well as last hitting efficiently. Pre-nerf, you can use this skill to trade hits as they have a chance to miss their auto-attacks on you; now, it can be still used to cause not as heavy, but still strong damage to your opponents.
- Valkyrie: Oh how I love this skill. This skill babysits Corki. Getting ganked? Valkyrie away! You won't believe how many times this skill will save your butt. Using Valkyrie for damage is not recommended; it should be used to chase down low HP enemies, escape, or positioning. Note that this skill can be used to jump over ledges.
- Gatling Gun: This skill allows Corki to DPS even more. How lovely. This ability allows Corki to shred armor to overall increase the amount of AD damage on the team. Keep this on during the midst of a team fight, and your team's DPS will sky-rocket incredibly. This skill is highly underestimated during the laning phase. It costs slightly less than a phosphorus bomb, but should allow you to farm well and separate you & your enemy. Nobody in the right mind, will sit in a gatling gun while taking damage.
- Missile Barrage: Corki can not live without this skill. Seriously. It allows him wreck faces. With missiles, it's impossible to deny Corki from being farmed. With a phosphorus bomb and a missile, it is possible to clear minion waves with ease. The low cooldown of Missle Barrage allows Corki to proc Sheen or Trinity Force every two seconds resulting in overall double damage for him.
It is recommended to smart cast Missile Barrage. Doing this, your accuracy will increase and allow you wreck faces. It will also speed up the missile timing which will help. To set smart casts: Go to options during a game, open key bindings, scroll down to smart cast skill 4, and set it to any hotkey. Or you can use Shift + R.
This is what you should get if you have no sustainability in your lane. This is when you are laning with aggressive supports with no heals such as Blitzcrank & Leona. The three pots compared to the doran's blade will
Doran's blade is quite a cheap item to collect & utilize. It can be said that almost all AD carries grab 2 to 3 Doran's blade for extra sustainability in lane as well as early game damage source. Due to Corki's lane nerf, I believe it is vital to grab 1-3 doran's blade for your laning strength.
What you want to do is rush Trinity Force as fast as possible. As soon as you have Trinity, you should see your DPS shoot way up. Combining missles and proc-ed auto attacks allow you to DPS as much as possible. Trinity force I believe is god tier on Corki. With it's double damage proc and reliable slow, as well as some survivability, it's worth rushing. Berserker's Greaves are the best shoes in order to heighten your DPS.
- Due to the game might switching to a new meta, the jungler, the AD carry, and the top lane bruiser grabs a wriggle's for a quick dragon. This item can also sustain you in lane as well.
- If you are facing difficulty with CC & magic damage, you can prioritize mercury's threads over berserker's greaves.
- Typically, you would grab black cleaver if they are stacking no defense. This allows you shred armor like a beast. Having incredible synergy with Gatling Gun, black cleaver is recommended.
- Infinity Edge. I tested this item on Corki and I realized it wasn't that bad. It provides great damage overall as a carry & synergies with your passive.
- If you need extra survivability, the bloodthirster is an excellent choice as it offers up to 25% life steal.
- If many of the opposing team's champions are stacking HP, Madred's Bloodrazor can be a hard counter and is optimal.
- Last Whisper should be bought if the opposing team is stacking defense. A must for your late game build.
- An often overlooked item on Corki, a brutalizer is a great mid-game item for Corki to optimize his damage potential.
- Great item. I mean, we all been through ashe's frost arrow lock, and yeah... it's pretty annoying. Quicksilver sash is a great item to negate cc on the enemy team as well as a great source of magic resistance.
- Can be used if having trouble with DPS champions, can turn Corki into a more sustainable champion. Can be built to Randuin's Omen for extra durability.
- Recommended defense item, gives MR, health, and a bubble shield, often used in Corki builds.
- A generally good pick for a defensive item.
Unlike other guides I have read, I do not rush Manamune. Despite the fact that it supplies you with an incredible amount of mana with an affordable price and let's you farm extraordinary, I believe that your money should be spent on buying attack items. The clarity runes will suffice in terms of mana problems. However, this is the way I build him, and you aren't limited to try Manamune. It's all about personal preference. If you believe that you are constantly mana starved grab a manamune, if you don't, then simply jump to his straight up damage build. Let's say that there are 2 Corki's, one on each team. By the time the opponent is done getting manamune and a sheen for damage, you would already have a trinity force.
However, if you are solo laning, manamune is a very good item, it allows you to farm faster with your skills. Just remember to get expanded mind in the utility tree in order to take full advantage of Manamune's unique's active.
During early game, Corki should be farming as much as possible. This means last hitting whenever you can. A Boots & 3 Health Potion or a support should sustain you lane, so you can last hit minions. Whenever you get harassed in lane simply throw back a Phosphorus Bomb and an auto attack. If that doesn't work, retreat to your turret, and last hit under the turret. The melee minion takes 2 turret hits and one auto-attack. Caster minions takes 1 auto-attack, 1 turret hit, and 1 more auto-attack. Being farmed allows you to become a pubstomping carry later in the game.
By this time, you have to be incredibly map aware. Don't rely heavily on MIA calls as you have to watch the minimap before you decide to push a lane or farm. By this time your jungler should be okay with you taking red buff. You should stick with your team and not isolate yourself. If you decide to even push a lane by yourself, you have to realize that 2 people can gank you with a form of cc. Sticking with your team is recommended by midgame as you are secure if well positioned.
Shoutouts to my cousin Kevin for helping me with the building of this guide.
Lemme Ashe you a question...
Did you wreck faces?