This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Fiddlesticks - Fear the Mid Lane! (Season 8)
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
*As I have stated in my last Guide, this is meant to aid you as a player. Remember, it is up to your skill and ability to execute effectively in a match.
Season 7 (New): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI-kt7tZrhc
Season 6 (Old): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naYml3TB02A
Update! All of Fiddlesticks W interactions are here!!!!!!!!
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity every time for CDR. These are better than Sorcerer's Shoes because they are cheaper and lower you CDR on your Summoner Spells.
- Cooldown Reduction
- Your main items is going to be Morellonomicon for cooldowns followed by Zhonya's Hourglass. This will max you out on CDR with Ionian Boots of Lucidity.
- Basically everything you build is going to give you damage regardless. Part of what makes Middlesticks so good is his base damage on his Ultimate as well as his unexpected ability to trade in lane and win fights if executed correctly.
- Rush Seeker's Armguard followed by Ionian Boots of Lucidity. Then finish Zhonya's Hourglass followed by Morellonomicon.
- Against AP Mid
- You can just go Ionian Boots of Lucidity into Morellonomicon followed by Zhonya's Hourglass. over 90% of your matchups will be against AP.
- The ladder 2 scenario's are for the laning phase. Finish your 4th, 5th, and 6th items from the build I provided based on the situation of the rest of the game.
I'll be as straight forward as possible. Start Reap for wave clear and poke. You will max this first. Then take Terrify at level 2. You will max this second. Then take Bountiful Harvest but you'll max it last, followed by his ultimate Crowstorm at levels 6, 11, and 16.
If you are in lane and your close enough to an enemy while they are close to their minions, use this combo to deal a ton of early damage. I wouldn't recommend going for the kill unless your confident enough to pull this off with ignite. Also, make sure you activate these abilities as fast as possible to optimize the cc effects.
Crowstorm -> Terrify -> Reap -> Bountiful Harvest -> Ignite
This is your kill primary kill combo. If you have Flash available, wait for your channel on Crowstorm to land, then Flash ONLY IF YOU NEED TO, to get to your target.
- Hard CC for both follow up and shutting down enemy abilities
- Extremely high damage potential
- Easily dive back line
- Sets up counter picking potential for your team (by you picking this mid say, first pick in que, the enemy team will think your the jungler then pick to counter you, but then sets up your team to get counter picks against them.)
- No high burst or heavy sustain damage in laning phase
- Team fight and roaming opportunities are dependent upon your ult cooldown
- CC will cancel your ult channel
- Can be countered late game if enemy team gets vision/decides to fight when they don't see you around.
- When it comes to roaming, basically you want to do the same thing except you have to remember that your Terrify causes them to flee away from you, so always try to get them feared toward your team but don't force it. If they don't have Flash up then usually your team will be able to follow up and get the kill anyway.
- And 1 more thing, unless you are in a fleeing situation, always try to save your Flash for your ult, this way you can cover even more ground to dive the back line and get the kill.