This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Gotta' die sometime! - ADC Jinx
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Jinx is the latest ADC to be added to League of Legends, she has a range of 525 making her a ranged Champion with one of the shortest ranges in the game. Jinx's range is drastically increased to 700 when using level five Fishbones! Jinx has a very powerful kit, her Q ( Switcheroo! ) Allows her to switch between her two weapons, Pow Pow! Jinx's short ranged mini-gun and Fishbones!, Jinx's Longer ranged rocket launcher. We will go into more detail about these later. Jinx's W ( Zap! ) Is a very powerful poke, and is great in the laning phase. Jinx's E ( Flame Chompers! ) is a great ability to stop enemies if you are being chased or to catch them out. And finally, her R ( Super Mega Death Rocket! ) is a Global execute ultimate, that does increased damage on the distance it travels.
Also, this is my first guide so constructive criticism is welcome ^^ Gl & Hf!
- Great Attack Damage
- Excellent Duellist
- Very powerful Poke
- Global Execute Skillshot
- Can become untouchable late game
- Strong CC
- Low Cooldows
- No Escapes
- Easily out poked by champions like Caitlyn
- Can be very Mana Heavy
- Hard to master
These are great Runes for Jinx as they provide sustainability in lane with the life steal Quints and AD Marks granting that extra bit of life steal in lane.
The seals of Armor and glyphs for mr allow you to take reduced damage from the enemy adc and support.
That is what your Item build should look like when you're fully built. This is a very balanced mix of attack speed, attack damage, and critical chance. Combined with the passive of Pow Pow!, Jinx can easily reach an attack speed of 2.50 in a few seconds when fully built. When your Bloodthirster is fully stacked and you have Infinity Edge You're life steal and overall attack damage will be insane combined with your attack speed. Berserker's Greaves is pretty standard and grants you attack speed and of course, movement speed. Will allow you to poke and retreat to s safe distance with Zap! and your auto attacks. The enchantment could also be swapped with if you want to get back into battle quickly, or, if you just want the extra movement speed.
- Vayne (Can keep consistently poking)
- Ashe (Once again, can out poke Ashe and Jinx deals a lot more damage than Ashe in the laning Phase)
- Miss Fortune (Jinx deals a lot more damage than MF early game, meaning she needs to base a lot)
- Twitch (Although Twitch is a heavy damage dealer, Jinx can keep harassing Twitch to stop him from getting farm. Playing against Twitch can be a high risk, high reward situation)
- Kog'Maw (Kog'maw has low range can can be easily harassed because he needs to be close to the minions to kill them)
- Tristana (Tristana has a splash ability like Jinx's but, she can't use it as much as Jinx can. Because of this Jinx can keep attacking the minions and still deal more damage to Trist than she is getting back)
- Vayne (Vayne is here also because of her ability to easily dodge Jinx's poke and she can out range Jinx)
- Caitlyn (HaTlAdy) (Jinx is weak against Caitlyn for two reasons, Caitlyn's Poke goes through minions, Jinx's doesn't and Caitlyn can out range Jinx)
- Draven (Draven is really powerful and gains gold quickly allowing him to get his items quicker and easily take an advantage over Jinx)
V. 0.7 - Added a Team Work chapter focusing on Jinx's teamfighting ability.
V. 0.61 - Updated main items so ' Bloodthirster shows
V. 0.6 - Added an update log, fixed a few grammatical errors, added some counters
V. 0.5 - Launched the guide
If you want to add me on EUW, my summoner name is 'Glarthired'. I'll always be up to a game so just message me and I'll play with you!