This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Gragas-He's a tank??
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
- Great Damage Reduction!
- Can Displace Multiple Enemies!
- Can Initiate with the best of them!
- AoE Damage Galore!
- Incredibly Difficult to Kill!
- Great Farming and Last Hitting!
- Not the best spell damage
- Usually has to be at the front of a fight to do well(as with most tanks)
- Difficult to Focus Damage onto one enemy
- greater mark of desolation: this gives you the penetration to be dangerous early to mid game. with the extra damage from Drunken Rage. last hitting minions should be no problem for farming.
- Greater Seal of Armor: the armor is always helpful with you being the tank. the more damage you take, the better! :)
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: the magic resistance works the same way as armor, just that it blocks damage from ability casters like Annie's burst.
- Greater Quintessence of Cooldown Reduction: the cooldown should be enough that you will always be able to keep drunken rage up, or just about close enough to matter.
Viable Summoner Spells:
Great for tanks in my opinion! they tend
to be slower than the rest of the team, so
this lets you jump right to the edge of the
fight, then initiate!
Teleport. the only difference is that
you can also use this as an escape spell.
This is the last spell i would recommend
as a tank. you can use it to chase enemies,
or top try and escape from them.
Non-Viable Summoner Spells
PASSIVE:this is just a great passive to have on your side! it works well with spirit visage to gives you a suprising amount of health back from using any of your abilities.
Q:this is your signature ability. how you use it is the key to your laning game. Barrel Roll is incredibly useful because of its very long range! you can roll it past minion waves to force ranged opponents back. you can even roll one right under a tower! that way you force the enemy to keep moving and dodging.
W:THIS is what makes you such a great tank! an automatic damage reduction from basically all sources and an attack boost just for kicks! it allows you to last hit early, be much less mana hungry, and the biggest thing...SURVIVE!!!
E:this ability can be used multiple ways. you can chase effectively mith it, run away with it, cause AoE damage and slow, heck, you can even go through walls! this is what lets Gragas adapt to almost any situation he runs into.
R:Your Ultimate is what makes you a great initiator. while Amumu gives you a large stun, Gragas lets you displace entire portions of the enemy team! this should allow you to pick up a few kills early in the team fight and give you a clear advantage.
- When you are laning, your main goal is to focus on last hitting minions with your Drunken Rage attack buff. When not focusing on the minions, use you Barrel Roll and Body Slam to harass the enemy champions away from the minions. the best way to thing about this is that Minions=Gold. if they can get in any kills, they get far less gold. and dont be afraid to throw the barrels freely, the mana buff from Drunken Rage should be able to keep you going with the harassment.
- in team fights the biggest thing to remember is that YOU MUST BE FIRST IN!!! you are the tank, you are the initiator, you are the one who gives your team the biggest edge possible! DO NOT be afraid to jump into the thick of it again and again with Body Slam. the best way for you to initiate is, of course, your Ultimate Explosive Cask. this displaces enemy champions, allowing your team a distinct advantage by being able to pick off one or 2 enemy champions, rather than face 5 at once. the other thing to remember is that YOU CALL THE FOCUS!!! be sure to remind your team occasionally that they need to fucus the people blasted away from the enemy group, rather than the larger section that stayed in one clump.