Tristana Build Guide by Speedycln
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+9% attack speed and +10 ability power or +6 attack damage, adaptive
Full AD Build
Vs CC & AP Build
VS 2 or more Tanks
Threats to Tristana with this build
So you want to main Tristana? Pros and Cons
Long range at high level
Easy to learn.
Good early game damage.
Strong escape (Rocket Jump).
Rough Mid Game
Rocket Jump not instant
Fleet Footwork will allow you to stay in lane for longer, but at the cost of less damage.
Press the attack, will allow you to inflict more damage, but at the cost of less defense.
Here's some of Tristana's most popular secondary runes:
1. META (Gives bonus AD while above 70% percent of your maximum health and Stacks AD + AP every 10 minutes)
3. (Gives 18+ attack speed, bonus MS + AD + AP and Stacks AD + AP every 10 minutes)
2. (Receive a stopwatch after 6 minutes and boots after 10 minutes)
3. (Heals and gives bonus 20% AD with every hit (20 sec CD) , and Stacks AP + AD every time you score a kill)
4. (Heals and gives bonus 20% AD with every hit (20 sec CD), and Heal for 2.5% percent of the damage delt by your abilities)
+ + +
ADC's Guide to Early Game
During the first 15 minutes of the game, remember these 6 tips to help you improve:
1. Aim to farm 8-10 cs per minute
2. Help in skirmishes and team fights
3. Place Wards
4. Don't Force a Lane Push
5. Time your recalls perfectly
6. Stay alive
ADC's Guide to Early Game - 1. Aim to farm 8-10 cs per minute
Tristana can be tricky to farm with during early game. If you find yourself falling far behind, try to rush Statik Shiv so you can clear waves faster and catch up.
It's best to master tricks like, placing your explosive on the seige minion at low health and using your splash damage to finish off multiple minions at once
The norm amount of cs an ADC is:
60-100 cs by 10 minutes
150-200 cs by 20 minutes
250-300 cs by 40 minutes
1 kill = 18 cs or 360 gold
As an ADC, Gold cs is the most important factor to focus on throughout the game. If you havn't collect enough gold for your first two items, you'll do little to no damage during team fights.
ADC's Guide to Early Game - 2. Helping in skirmishes and team fights
The main job of an ADC is to provide DPS (damage per second) during teamfights. If you aren't there, the probability of your team winning will greatly decrease.
Tristana is especially good at ganking and sneak attacks. When the time is right, try to help out your team or flank from the side.
ADC's Guide to Early Game - 3. Place Wards
It's always a good idea to place wards. Your first priority should be warding the two bushes in the jungle opening and river on bot lane. This will help you see approaching junglers and avoid potential ganks.
Remember to check your minimap every 5 - 10 seconds.
ADC's Guide to Early Game - 4. Don't force a lane push
If your lane is being pushed back, Brute force wont't help. The best thing you can do is farm under your turret and wait for a gank from your jungler. At times like this, it's important to stay alive and gather as much cs as possible. Winning lane won't matter if you've fed the other team. They'll push back harder and overpower you.
ADC's Guide to Early Game - 5. Time your recalls perfectly
Timing your recalls is very important. Recalling, at the wrong times could lead to the enemy pushing lane and damaging your turret or cause you to lose minion waves. You should try to only recall 2-3 times in the first 10 minutes (To buy B. F. Sword and Pick axe) depending on the situation, you'll want to lose as little farm possible. Its also good to conserve mana so you're able to stay in your lane for longer periods.
Before recalling, always remember to push the last wave.
The best times to recall are:
1. When you are below 25% health
2. After your opponents have recalled
3. When you have enough gold for an item
4. Immediately after destroying the enemy Turret (Do not clear the minion wave)
ADC's Guide to Early Game - 6. Stay Alive and Stay calm
You have to know when to back down from a fight and when to jump in. Never Rocket Jump directly into a team fight (Two or more enemies at once). You should use your w to escape, or to slow down an enemy during a chase. Rocket jump should rarely be used to aid in a fight, unless you are soloing.
You should stay behind your team and cause damage with your auto and Explosive Charges.
Tristana's Combo E > W > Q > R
1. Place an Explosive Charge (E) onto an enemy 2. Jump onto that enemy, if safe to do so (W) and use Rapid Fire (Q) to charge up the explosive charge until it explodes 4. If the enemy is still alive after that, use Buster Shot to finish them off.