This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Sona Build Guide by sockahcack
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Threats & Synergies
Avoid Leona's E or taste the sunnnnnnn.
Blitz pull is certain death for squishy Sona, play back.
Do not even try to poke Brand or you will burst into flames and die.
You should be able to poke Alistar safely but beware flash engage combo.
Bard's stun can be deadly when you go in to poke him.
Janna can shield your damage and that is all.
Soraka is passive but will out sustain you in lane.
Avoid Zyra's root and you have nothing to fear.
Zilean's stun bomb combo will delete your squishy health bar.
Tahm Kench is fat. Bully him.
Braum will mitigate your damage greatly.
Lux can chunk your hp if you try to poke.
Avoid Karma's Q and she is ez.
Thresh can hook and flay you if you are out of position, play safe.
Morgana's Black Shield makes her a bitch to play against as Sona. Avoid her Q or die.
Taric has sustain that rivals Sona's. Poke him and avoid his stun.
Beware Rakan's w and you will be okay.
It is hard for Nautilus to Q you and he is easy to poke.
Nami heals more than Sona and has hard cc.
Sion is easy to poke. Just do not be dumb enough to get knocked up by his Q.
Lulu has very high damage and will punish you when you try to poke.
Shen can be easily poked because his dash is short.
|Hello ladies and gentlemen my name is Sockahcack and this is my Sona guide. I started playing Sona shortly after the start of season 7 and she has quickly become my favorite champion. I played her to get into gold and you can too! I will provide all information needed to kick some butt in ranked with Sona. If you found this guide to be useful or terrible please leave a comment and share with your friends. Now let's do this!|
+ High damage
+ Long range
+ Big heals and shields
+ Easy to learn and play
+ Amazing in team fights with her ult
+ Big personality
Sona is a very simple champion to play so it is easy to unlock her full potential. She is a massive lane bully while still providing sustain. She is the queen of team fights. All of her abilities buff allies and her ultimate can cc the entire enemy team. We cannot forget her amazing personality either!
- Squishy... less than 500 hp level 1
- Mana problems early game
- Only hard cc is ultimate
- Can only be played as support
- Ganked easily, no dashes.
- May become attached emotionally
Sona has some glaring flaws though. She is so squishy. In the early you die quickly if crowd controlled. Sona also has no hard cc abilities other than ultimate. Her e does provide move speed but she is still vulnerable to ganks. Most importantly, you might fall in love with a fictional character.
- Kleptomancy: This is my favorite rune for Sona for 1 reason, MONEY! Kleptomancy works so well with Sona for the same reasons it works well for Ezreal and Gangplank. It is easy to use with Sona due to her long range. Q, poke, repeat. You may be wondering if taking another rune like Summon Aery would be better. It does provide slightly higher damage and shielding but it's not worth it. Kleptomancy allows you to get Tear of the Goddess faster and you do a lot of damage anyways. The consumables gained from kleptomancy help you stay healthy in lane as well.
- Biscuit Delivery: Who doesn't love the idea of free biscuits?
- Magical Footwear: Gives you a free pair of shoes and increased move speed. Reduces the cost of upgrading as well.
- Cosmic Insight: I love this rune because it gives more cdr and more cdr is always good on Sona. Reaching 45% cdr is extremely important so you can spam your keys as fast as possible. You may be wondering why I do not take Celestial Body to fix Sona's low hp problems. I do not take it because it lowers early game damage and limits my cdr to 40%.
- The Ultimate Hat: Sona's ult is very important because it is her only hard cc ability and is crucial for team fights. Keeping it on a low cool down is a must.
- Transcendence: This gives you free cdr and grants ap for excess cdr. Sometimes Sona will have excess cdr with her build so transcendence is very efficient.
Power chord: This is one of my favorite passives in the game because it gives the player 3 different choices. After Sona uses 3 basic abilities, her next basic attack will be granted a bonus based on the last ability she used. In lane, using your passive with your Q does M E G A damage. Her W can reduce burst from assassins and her E is similar to Wither. Make sure to use her passive wisely according to the situation.